(Closed) August 10, 2012

posted 10 years ago in August 2012
Post # 33
488 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

I have almost everything done. I still need to get the following: -soda -wine -to make me seating chart – meet with my wedding coordinator since she is going our catering now too – get the marriage license – print out newsletters (I’m almost done making them) -put together welcome bags – finish mason jar tags (I made all of them last week and I just have to attach 50 more) – give DJ our music I think that is all for the moment!

Post # 34
123 posts
Blushing bee

36 days to go….yay!!!!  Only to-do item is pick up the marriage license next week.  Other than that, everything else has to wait until the day of the wedding (cake delivery, flower delivery, hair & make-up)

I’m SOOOOOOO excited!!!!!! (Happy Dance) Laughing

Post # 35
123 posts
Blushing bee

Woo hoo!  August 10th Bees….we only have one more month to go!!! Laughing

Post # 36
488 posts
Helper bee

Yay! I was going to post this a few hours ago and then I got distracted! Eeeek!

Post # 37
123 posts
Blushing bee

Anyone else getting their marriage license next week?

Post # 38
123 posts
Blushing bee

Just paid for the flowers…we’re all set!  Everything left to do has to be done a few days before or the day of the wedding.

1. Pick up tuxedos (2 days before the wedding)
  2. Pick up flowers (day of wedding)
  3. Have cake delivered (day of wedding)
  4. Get hair & make-up done (day of wedding)
  5. GET MARRIED!!!!

Exactly 3 weeks from today….yay Laughing

Post # 39
488 posts
Helper bee

I have almost everything done.

I’m working on a few more DIY projects – this weekends projects are bunting banners and chalkboards.

I finally think I got my hair situation figured out! Yay! And the only things we need to purchase are soda and that is it! Woo!

Post # 40
123 posts
Blushing bee

Since we’re having so many family members from out of town coming in for the wedding, we’ve decided to host a picnic at our house the day after the ceremony.  Now, I’ve got more stuff to plan for…but it’ll be fun Laughing

16 more days to go, Bees!!!!

Post # 41
488 posts
Helper bee

2 weeks! Ahh!

Post # 42
123 posts
Blushing bee

It’s FINALLY August!!!!  I’ve been receiving phone calls to confirm things for next week.  It’s so nice to see it all coming together after so much planning. Laughing

9 more days….

Post # 43
123 posts
Blushing bee

Family started arriving this weekend.  It’s been great having everyone here and spending time together before the big day!  The majority of our out-of-town guests are coming in on Wed. & Thurs.  I’m just glad my mom is finally here so we can do a few last-minute wedding things together.  We had to do most of our mother/daughter wedding stuff online or via web-cam on my phone because she lives so far away.  We’re going to go buy a garter to toss, a guest book, a card-box and go pick up our thank-you notes.

4 more days and counting, Bees!!!

Post # 44
123 posts
Blushing bee

Made the final payment for the reception, so we’re all set.  Picking up the tuxes tonight.  Need to drop off the card box & guest book at the hotel so they can get it set up for us.  (We’re having the ceremony & reception at the hotel)

Most of our out of town guests have arrived.  A few are coming in tomorrow.  I’ve been getting about 4 hours of sleep each night this week!!!

Can’t wait until Friday….day after tomorrow Laughing

Post # 45
123 posts
Blushing bee

Had our first snafu yesterday.  We went to the tux shop to pick up the tuxes and they lost my son’s tux!!!  He’s walking me down the aisle!!!!  The sales people were so blasé about it.  They were saying “oh well, we might have it here by Friday”.  I’m getting MARRIED on Friday!!!!!  So, I said that wouldn’t work because I have no way of getting my son over to the tux place since we’ve got a full schedule the day of the wedding.  Then they offered 50% of the price of the tux as a refund.  I don’t want a refund!  I want my son to have a tux!!!

So, after a lot of phone calls…they said they found a tux for him that matches the others.  It’s supposed to be here this evening.  I’m hoping beyond hope that it’s the right one, in the right size.  I kept joking yesterday “don’t make me go bridezilla on you”.  It’s a fine line between laughter & freaking out…LOL

Tomorrow’s the day, Bees!!!

Post # 46
16 posts
Newbee

OMG that’s terrible!  Our wedding is the 11th, so the guys will start picking up tuxes tonight.  I’m a little worried because I’ve heard such horror stories about tux rentals, but our rental place has their warehouse about 5 minutes away from the store, so hopefully if something goes wrong they can quickly get a new tux.  

I realy hope the new tux for your son works out!  Stay positive, you are almost there!! Good luck on Friday!

The topic ‘August 10, 2012’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors