(Closed) August 11, 2012!

posted 8 years ago in August 2012
Post # 3
2084 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 1993

I’m the day after! We have our venue (And sorted out menus etc), our photographer, potentially the band, have found an officiant and I bought my shoes last night! We sent out our STD’s a little while back.

I can’t wait!

Post # 4
561 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

I’m the day after too!  We picked out the venue, I bought a dress/shoes, and I think we know what photographer we’re going to use.  

Post # 5
2084 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 1993

@fancypants: so we’re date twins! Awesome! Pretty brave to have your dress already! (I’d probably end up changing my mind!)

Post # 6
2216 posts
Buzzing bee

@SportsGal: Yay, I have a date twin.  Congrats on picking your day and putting a deposit down on the venue πŸ™‚

Post # 8
629 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

I’m kinda a date twin!

Boyfriend and I aren’t quite engaged yet. (He’s working on it!)

We were talking about dates with our family yesterday and kinda landed on Aug 11, 2012. It’s not set in stone yet, but it’s what I’m sticking to for now.

πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

Post # 9
23 posts
Newbee

@Silverblade:

and

@coffeegal85:

Yay for date twins! We have put down our deposit and I just booked our photographer last week.  I guess DJ is next but I don’t even know where to start with that…

Post # 10
2216 posts
Buzzing bee

Yay for date twins!  How’s everyone’s planning coming along?!?  I have the reception hall booked, the ceremony location w/ officant booked, and the photographers booked.  I have started  researching and emailing DJs; I’ve bascially just used weddingwire reviews to find my DJs (@Chandon – hope that helps).  I’m in primary talks with a florist, which basically I’m already sold on; she works with a relative, is doing another relative’s wedding this summer, and has fantastic reviews; I just hope her prices are right.  I have also reserved a photobooth as the favor; I am also planning to buy picture frames for each guest soon. Wow-sers πŸ™‚  !

Post # 12
1690 posts
Bumble bee

i am a little bit later than you,  26th August.

I am having a vintage / shabby chic  themed wedding,

so far i have my ceremony dress,   my reception dress is on order.

i have made a brooch bouquet for myself and 4 silk rose bouquets for my bridesmaids.

Tomorrow we are going to view a venue with the hope of booking it.  the date is provisionally booked for us but we just need to go over all the details and make a definate booking,  and pay a deposit,  then we can forget about that for a year! 

As soon as thats booked then i will book the regisrar too, then  we can breathe a sigh of relief that the main things are booked.

i have bought Shabby Chic Birdcages for the centrepeices,  but nothing to go inside them yet.

I am a wedding photographer myself and so is my son,  and i  also have a great friend who is also a wedding photographer and will be taking my pictures of the ceremony,  and my son will take portraits before and after. 

My sister in law has offered to make my cake as a wedding present.

i am now looking at favours, and cant decide which to have. either small jars of honey,  or mini wedding cakes in clear boxes,  or mini wine bottle.  ???

the Honeymoon can be booked at a later date because we are unsure  of where we want to go but the choices are

Las Vegas

Kenya

Florida

Italy

Post # 13
1690 posts
Bumble bee

well i have booked my venue today,  and paid the deposit,  and changed the date to 11th August……

we was getting married on 26th ,  a Sunday,  because the 25th was already booked,  but the manager looked back 2 weeks and saw the 11th was free……..so its now officially  11th August 2012!!!!   

so i am now also a fully paid up member of the  11th August 2012 club too!!!!!!!!  LOL

Post # 14
23 posts
Newbee

@anne B: Welcome and congrats! It was such a relief when we booked our date and venue so I know how you feel.

Post # 15
1690 posts
Bumble bee

@Chandon:

its so difficult isnt it? 

i mean i rang the registrars office to book her and she told me we cant book her until we had a venue……

so we went to book our venue,   and then had to ring the regisrar to see if they were available that day…….

to save time i thought i could have asked the registrar for available dates she had,  so that i would have those dates in mind when i went to book the hotel,  but she couldnt tell me!  so luckliy it was all Ok,  but it could have been very to & fro,   going from one to the other,    so pleased its all sorted now though,  at least we can rest easy for at least a year, knowing its booked.

of course i wont ‘rest’  for a year,   i can take all the time i need now to plan the wedding……My FI  really isnt into all the little things i want to do,  and i am happy to do them on my own because there are a few surprises i want to do.   so i prefer this girlie planning by myself.   it was just the main thing to get the venue booked. 

Post # 16
83 posts
Worker bee

I’m an Aug. 11, 2012 bride too! It will be Fiance and my 7 year dating anniversary on that day, which is why we chose it.

So far I have the church, reception venue, and photographer booked. We took our engagement photos this week. I have started (kind of…) my brooch bouquet, and I have also gone dress shopping a few times.

14 months to go, everyone!

The topic ‘August 11, 2012!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors