(Closed) August 13, 2011

posted 11 years ago in August 2011
Post # 17
195 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I haven’t had anyone say anything about getting married on the 13th. I guess I didn’t think about it myself until just now, when I read this.

Post # 18
100 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

Yay for August 13!!  I have had a few people, after hearing the date, respond with something like “wow, guess you don’t believe in bad luck…”.  I was surprised when I heard it the first time, but now it doesn’t bother me… especially since it was either August 13 or wait until 2012 for us 🙂

I am getting married in a small town outside of Pittsburgh, PA.  We’re having a Catholic full mass ceremony followed by a country club reception. 

What all do you have done so far??  I have a reception venue, church, dress, cake baker, photographer, e-pics taken, invites picked out…. aaaaand I think that might be it.

Good luck with your planning!

Post # 19
195 posts
Blushing bee

@JillBill: You have so much done already! I have a venue… aaand… I’ve picked out colors? I’m working on an invite suite design, I plan on DIYing it, but I haven’t finalized anything.

And thats it. I feel behind. 🙂

Post # 20
11 posts
Newbee

Another August 13th.  This time in Austin, Texas.

Originally our date was set for September 10, 2011, which would have been the five year anniversary of when we first met, but there was a snag in the plan when we realized that one of my childhood acquaintances had just set that as his wedding date + we had wedding party members who overlapped.  Someone either needed to move their date or cut a huge part out of their wedding.  We decided to take the opportunity to marry a month earlier than expected.

Right now, we have our venue booked, colors set, wedding party selected, and a theme.  And a caterer has made a menu proposal, which we’ll be tasting on Wednesday.  I’ve also designed our Saves the Dates, which I’m planning to have assembled and mailed around Thanksgiving, since I have a lot of guests traveling in (some internationally) and additionally have two family members with failing health (I would like to have some involvement with the wedding before they pass).  My mom and I have also drawn up a design for my dress.  OH!  And we have our Officiant, but only because his uncle is a judge.

I’m a bit of a hyper planner.

Post # 21
100 posts
Blushing bee

@IlsaLund: Thanks for the boost of confidence!  I seem to fluctuate between totally calm about where I stand in the planning process and freaked out about what remains to be done.  Also, I’m a full-time student, so summer vacation and the rare “free” weekend equal the infrequent occasions to get stuff done!

I was also planning on DIY-ing my invitations, until I started flushing out the pricing for what I was looking for.  I figured by the time I factored in the cost of the paper/template/package, added in the cost of whatever embellishments I wanted, and put a price on the amount of time/frustration that was going to occur during the actual production process, I was a bit unsure.  I put an alchemy request out on Etsy for the basic look I wanted and got completely flooded with options… I ended up picking one that is about $1.50-$1.75 per invite, and I don’t have to do a thing besides lick the envelope, add the address, and slap on a stamp.  Good luck with your DIY-ing… you’re braver and more patient than I am 🙂

Post # 22
195 posts
Blushing bee

@JillBill: If it makes you feel better, I’ll likely have very little patience for much other DIY. I just love scrapbooking and papercraft, so it made sense. I did look at etsy, but I didn’t even think about an alchemy request. Also, I only have a very small amount to make- 30-35 invites, I’m estimate. If I had to do a ton, I’d probably scrap the whole thing.

And I think you’re totally on track! I understand about going back and forth. In the same thought I feel as if I have all the time in the world and no time at all.

Post # 23
2 posts
Wannabee

Hi All August 13 Brides!

Thanks goodness for a forum to share ideas! And I have several questions!

We are getting married at the State Captiol in WI in midafteroon, so the pics will/can be a hot mess if we are outside. My bridesmaids are wearing short black dresses with a sage green shawls, by having groomsman in black suites, is this too much black? esp for the photos being outside? what about tan or gray for the groomsman and black for the bridesmaids?

Looking for a little help on ceremony audio etc, it is in a room where the legistlators vote and meet (sort of like the one you see on CSPAN where the house of reps meet). We can only use acoustic instrucments, and no moving of the chairs or desks so we are almost on top of the first set of desk/chairs. My concern is what to do about audio and music? There is a gallery on the second level that our overflow will be sitting, and I would like our signer to have some music and our guests to be able to hear our vows. Any suggestions?

Post # 24
168 posts
Blushing bee

Hey guys! August 13th here too – in Spokane, Washington!

Already got the venue/caterer, dress, photog, makeup artist, and just ordered my invites! Coming along smoothly I guess!

The topic ‘August 13, 2011’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors