(Closed) August 13, 2011…..200 days!

posted 7 years ago in August 2011
Post # 3
113 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

Hey, date twin! Wow, you’re farther ahead than I am! 

I just ordered my dress last night. We have to meet with the DJ soon, and we will probably decide on invites soon, too.  We’re still waiting on my in laws’ final guest list! Ahh. 

Our centerpieces are figured out, but we have a couple of projects to do still — mainly cutting the wood for the bases of the centerpieces, making our DIY chalkboard(s), etc. 

Post # 4
276 posts
Helper bee

Well, for me, I have the venue, my gown, bridesmaids dresses, flower bouquets and arrangements, a meeting in a few weeks for the table and chair covers, and the food tasting with the caterers….still need photographer, limo rental, and dj…sooo much to do til August 13th! I am so excited….and OMG, we still haven’t pick out our rings….I hope I don’t go crazy trying to keep track of everything…..

Post # 6
178 posts
Blushing bee

My wedding is August 12th , but im sure we will be partying into 13th

I have my venue, band, mc, flowers, drappery( we are draping all the walls with blue lighting effects) , i have everything that i will wear, still can’t decide on shoes

Still so much stuff to do :)))

Post # 7
1335 posts
Bumble bee

We have our venues, my dress, photographer and save-the-dates. And we had our tasting last month.

We still need to decide on the cake, music, invitations, flowers, bridesmaid dresses, and tuxes. 

So much to do, but so excited for our big day!

Post # 8
762 posts
Busy bee

Omg I just saw this post and suddenly I have bats…not butterflies…bats flying around in my stomach!! ๐Ÿ™‚ We are still in the very very early stages of planning eventhough we’ve been engaged since Christmas day 2009. Tomorrow I’m calling up a commisioner who I’m hoping (cross my fingers!) can do our ceremony and isn’t booked! Other than that we have a lot figured out just not done ๐Ÿ˜›

Btw nice to see so many date twins!! ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 9
8 posts
Newbee

Everyone is so much farther ahead than me!!! We are slowly getting there but its taking a while. We have our venues figured out, our preacher, photographer, and I am going dress shopping on Saturday. I still have a lot of the small things to do!!

Post # 10
140 posts
Blushing bee

Hi Bees! I’m getting married one week before your dates.  I still have so much to do.  As of now, I got my dress but I need to make an appointment for the fittings.  I was told by the first week of July? or June?, I should have my first fitting done.  Unfortunately my bridal shop where i purchased the gown last September has closed down.  I was given a list of recommened seamstresses.  I have my ceremony/venue booked.  I need to make a food tasting appointment for next month.  I have mail my save the dates this weekend.  I’m still working on the address labels, that would be my friday night date.  I have to look for bridesmaids and flowergirl dresses soon and order them.  I have the men’s tuxes all set.  I already have my hair and make-up artist (my neighbor, I love her giving me that gift!)  I have my photographer, I have book our engagment pictures appointment (we are looking at April)  I need to pick out the invites.  I have to meet with a potential vendor for Florist and Decor plus we still need to meet with DJ prospects.  Oh boy, I have a lot to do still.  Wedding favors, out of town hotel blocks, wedding weekend schedule…Happy Planning ๐Ÿ™‚      

Post # 11
178 posts
Blushing bee

@bellarain: The lady at my bridal store told me to start aletrations mid may , oh but i lied to them that my wedding day is july 29th , someone told me i should do that just to be safe

Post # 12
140 posts
Blushing bee

@eli11, Thanks.  I will give the shop a call this week.  I will schedule around early to mid May. 

Post # 13
17 posts
Newbee

I have all of the major things done except for the caterer. I think I am changing photgraphers but at least that is done! We are trying to come up with something original for for the cocktail hour, we have a huge wedding party and a pretty good size wedding (around 215 people) so we want people to be entertained while we are taking pictures since they might take awhile.

I was thinking of having two caricature artists to draw everyone’s picture, then collecting them in an album as the guest book.

The topic ‘August 13, 2011…..200 days!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors