(Closed) August 14, 2010

posted 9 years ago in August 2010
Post # 3
18 posts
Newbee

We’re August 14, 2010 too! I have the venue booked, but that is the only thing set in stone. I found my dress last week, but want to find it at a boutique closer to home to make the fittings easier. I’m a teacher so I want to get as much done as I can before school starts in September. I’ve started making favors and getting ideas together for the Save the Dates.

Post # 4
365 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

Hello my twins

I too am 8/14/2010.  I’m your typical type A.

I’ve just booked our venue.

I bought my dress and shoes earlier this year (still needs alterations)

I have our favors

I’ve started my DIY Save-The-Date Cards

By The Way – Congrats to you both!

Post # 5
353 posts
Helper bee

Hey ladies! Another August 14th bride here! We’re getting married in Nashville, TN. We just put deposits on the reception venue, and we’ve booked the church. Our colors are based on J Crew’s spring wedding and parties line (champagne, blush, barely peach). My maids are going to wear the J Crew dresses in their choice of style/color with gold shoes of their choosing!

Post # 6
163 posts
Blushing bee

Hi August 14th ladies! July is almost over – which means 1 year to go! I have my dress ordered, reception location picked out, our wedding party set, and colors.

What are your colors in august? I was thinking Navy dresses but now I’m concerned the color may be too dark and hot for the girls… thoughts?

Post # 7
89 posts
Worker bee

This is the date I’m hoping for!!!  My fiance and I will be getting married in Sweden, where he is from, so I’ve been trying to plan as much as is possible.  Unfortunately, lots of Swedes like to vacation for long periods of time in the summer and they leave offices closed so we can’t get a hold of anyone at the venue we are thinking of until August 1. 

Post # 8
16 posts
Newbee

Date Twins so excited!!!! We have our ceremony & reception booked and our colors picked out… tangerine, champagne and lime green.

Waiting until after my engagement party this Saturday to actually get started on other things.

Post # 9
18 posts
Newbee

Our colors are pink, yellow and orange. My girls are wearing pale yellow, I wanted something light and airy because it’s an outdoor ceremony.

Post # 10
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: December 1969

I am an getting married on this date as well.  So far I have the venue booked, the dress picked and the cerpiece parts purchased.  Just now staring on DIY invites.

Post # 11
22 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2009

Hey girlies congrats on the engagements.  Angel and I are also getting married this day.  On March 14th,, 2008 he officially asked me to be his girlfriend.  He says he didn’t know how to ask and where things were going.  So every 14th of every month after then he has always brought me flowers.  And of course I saved them and I would like to incorporate the dried flowers into the wedding reception.  We knew the 14th was meant to be our anniversary forever.  We are getting married in Chicago at St. Mary of the Angeles, beautiful church.  Also the hottest month of the year.  So we like the idea of having fans at the church, no air conditioning) maybe with the names of our bridal party on it.  We booked the hall at DiNolfo’s, a southern suburb dinolfosbanquets.com, which is absolutely spectacular with a grand staircase at the entrance and big windows from wall to wall with a terrace of to the side. I bought my dress at David’s Bridal, the exact dress I had clipped out from Modern Brides.  We booked our photographer and videographer.  Our colors are red and black with damask prints.  I bought bites and pieces for our centerpieces, have the favor, invites, Save the dates, and card box ideas down.  So I am well under way and super excited.

Post # 12
80 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

Hooray for date twins ๐Ÿ™‚

We are 99% set on this date, unless something financially catestrophic happens in the next month or so (i’m job hunting after a big move).  We already have our ceremony and reception location picked out- FI’s stepfather owns a GORGEOUS bed and breakfast so it’s a no brainer for us.  We have lots of ideas on paper but nothing really planned yet.  Colors.. thinking yellow and orange as well- something fun, light, and summery.  Once the date is totally solidified we’re going to start working on the Save-The-Date Cards.  It will be a ‘destination’ wedding for pretty much everyone in our friend/family circle so we want to give them as much notice as possible. 

Hope the planning is going well! 

Post # 13
46 posts
Newbee

Just buzzing in to say a warm ‘hellllooo’ to my other 14 August 2010 twins. I’m farmerfen, an American living in UK, marrying my British hunnybunny of 5 yrs, planning a wedding weekend near to where we live (in Cambridge). Trying to achieve an event that’s as elegant as the venue we’ve chosen, while also paying close attention to ‘value-for-money’ (we’re both students & $/£ exchange cuts my parents’ contribution in about half, eek!) and also trying to be both green and crafty because that’s who & how we are ๐Ÿ™‚

Mr Farmerfen & I are both writing up our PhDs while planning this wedding…and if we get through it, phew, I do believe we’ll be able to weather any storm! So far, we’ve managed to:

-book a venue where everything will take place (service, drinks, meal, dance);

-pay deposit (25% of ‘everything’ to be handled by venue);

-assemble a guest list (187 people big, church holds 100, eek!);

-visit two wedding dress shops (holysmokes, what an odd ritual…did you also think this?);

-make an appt with a seamstress for early Sept;

-visit a florist shop (freaked out quite a bit at prices, thinking of options);

-and do some searching on options for wedding websites. (Lots available here on WB). Think we’ve decided we’ll use iWeb to build our own, as don’t want to be ‘tied’ to a wedding-only site, would instead like the site to grow with us. Also want site to have a personalised header picture and handle RSVPs (greener and cheaper)…and this seems a bit tough to find out there.

Finding it a bit tough, actually, keeping my eyes on the marriage amidst all the wedding details…I suppose it’s nothing others didn’t experience, but still, a first for me, so I’m learning ๐Ÿ™‚

Happy planning, y’all

xFarmerfen

Post # 14
2719 posts
Sugar bee

hey!

I’m 8.14.10 too!!

I’ve got lots done-colors (pink & yellow), venue, registry started, photographer, dj, dress, doing as much as I can on the diy stuff or w/e as we can early since I’m finishing my last year of college & i’ll have only a couple months to work on wedding stuff in between semesters.

I picked out flowers & I think the FI’s aunt will be doing them all. some music stuff is done. ahh I still have tons to do! It’s so fun!

Post # 15
1 posts
Wannabee

YAY! That’s my wedding day too! We just started planning but we have colors (black and light pink) and thats pretty much it. I hope I’m not behind, you girls seem like you have everything done already. Any fun tips?

Post # 16
2719 posts
Sugar bee

I’ve pretty much tried to get as many ideas as i possible can at this point. I know we’re getting to the point where we actually get to do stuff soon-but I’ve just been looking at all kinds of inspiration on here & theknot. Pretty soon I’ll start actually doing some of the things I see on here & get around to buying stuff.

Just get a basic idea of the things you want-like my centerpieces-I decided what I want, but the small details of shapes & sizes & such keep changing ๐Ÿ™‚ Drives the FH crazy!

The topic ‘August 14, 2010’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors