(Closed) August 14th 2010 Brides- 4 months to go!

posted 8 years ago in August 2010
Post # 3
1371 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

AUGH!  I can’t believe I didn’t realize it.  I feel like there is still so much to do.  A lot of logistics and stuff!  How is everything going for you?

Post # 5
283 posts
Helper bee

We just cancelled everything and started planning from scratch with 4 months to go, so… feeling the crunch?  Yes, yes we are.

Post # 6
1371 posts
Bumble bee

I’m glad you’re still having fun Ruby!  Michelle that is pressure!  Maybe make a list of things to get done every day?  It feels good to check it off.

Post # 7
1 posts
Wannabee

Hello! I’m new in here, I’m from England where all of the wedding boards are a little bit smoochy and negative for my liking! Anyhow, I just stumbled upon this lovely site and thought I’d say hello! We’re getting married on 14th August too – I’m so excited but feeling a little bit overwhelmed.

Don’t worry MichelleMyBell…we only got engaged in January and we’ve had most things booked since March…it can be done – good luck!

Post # 8
722 posts
Busy bee

I feel good about things. All the big items are done and now I’m just choosing details-jewelry, tablecloth colors. The only big thing left will be assembling and addressing invites-I still need everyone to give me their finalized guestlists with addresses.

Post # 9
198 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2008

I think we have things pretty under control, but it still feels hectic and a little overwhelming. I’m reaching the point where I am just ready for the wedding day to be here. I’ve stopped looking at inspiration sites with lots of amazing pics and pretty much only read Weddingbee now, so much more down to earth than any other site out there!

Post # 10
1088 posts
Bumble bee

AHHH!!!!

Haha.  Ummm, Yeah I’m feelin it. I took a break most of March but now I feel like I need to be a crazy planner again :-

We’re meeting with the florist and baker this Saturday to taste and pick out designs, etc. Should be the last time we have to meet with her (she’s a friend of the family)

DJ booked, dress in, but Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses are stressing me out a bit. I was waiting for everyone’s money and I haven’t gotten it all yet so I have to just pay for some of the downpayments myself so we don’t have to rush the order.

I just realized I have to finalize the ceremony tradition things (what we will and won’t do) and I haven’t even THOUGHT about seating arrangements and programs, etc. until like…yesterday. Boo.

Should I start nagging my guys about tuxes by now? What re you gals doin?

Post # 11
1403 posts
Bumble bee

I still have to meet with a prospective ceremony musician and start picking out music.  I’m DIY-ing invitations and need to order materials.  My mom and I are DIY-ing the veil and garter and need to get started on that.

June is when my real crunch will begin I think, because that’s when all my vendors want to meet to start finalizing arrangements.  That’s also when invitations will go out!

Post # 12
2719 posts
Sugar bee

Yes! I’m so worried we aren’t going to get anything done!! I’m slacking on my list!

Post # 14
1088 posts
Bumble bee

@Ruby79 – Yeah yesterday my fiance finally told me he’s ready to really start planning since it’s “getting close” I was like ummmm you’re a bit late lol.

Yeah I told him to go to men’s warehouse to check things out adn see when he has to rent stuff. I think June would even be fine. I’m sure they are used to the procrastination 🙂

Well, good luck, let me know if you find anything out about timing!

Post # 15
28 posts
Newbee

Oh man! So feeling the crunch!  I just found this August 14th board. It’s so soon!!  I just made a list today with all of the stuff I still had to do. Shouldn’t have done that…seeing it all in one place makes me nervous!  Meeting with the rental place today (we are having an outdoor tented reception and have to rent everything!) so we’ll see how that goes.  What is everyone’s next check going to be?

Post # 16
13 posts
Newbee

Oi =) I’m getting married 2 weeks after you, @Ruby79, and I feel way behind on everything. Could use some inspiration.

The topic ‘August 14th 2010 Brides- 4 months to go!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors