Post # 3
1356 posts
Bumble bee

I am! Less than six months to go!!!

Post # 4
584 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2009

Me me me! Not many of us, it looks like?

Post # 5
3 posts
Wannabee

I am an August 15 bride too. I can’t believe how soon the big day will be here!

Post # 6
14 posts
Newbee

Hello there….woohoo….I was beginning to feel like I was the only one!!

Post # 7
275 posts
Helper bee

I am!  I can’t believe how fast the big day is approaching!

Post # 8
1356 posts
Bumble bee

Yay Miss Gloss! I’m so excited you’re another August 15 bride! 🙂

Post # 9
275 posts
Helper bee

How far along are you guys with your planning? I still have some major vendors to book (rentals/cake/florist) yikes!  But, worst case senario everything get DIY’d – (except the rentals of course, but those are ALMOST taken care of!)

Post # 10
1356 posts
Bumble bee

We have booked our: venue (which includes catering), ceremony site, officiant, photographer, florist and DJ. I have also bought my dress, my veil and my bridesmaids dresses. I have even booked my wedding day at the salon! 🙂 We have sent out our dave the dates, have finished our registries, and have blocked the hotel rooms.

We still need to decide what we are doing about a cake/dessert table, make our invitations, and a whole lot of other details. We feel like we are pretty on top of things though!

Post # 11
2 posts
Wannabee

I’m with you all on the 8/15/09 date!  We have main vendors booked (venue, hotel block, minister, dj, photographer, florist, transportation to venue for guests, tuxes, dresses, etc.) but now we need to figure out the food menu, dessert (cake is still in question) and all the "pretty" details at the event.  Invitations arrived last week, as did the outfits for the newphews to wear at the wedding (they will look so cute).  I need motivation to figure out little stuff- -menu cards, place cards, room set up, song list, etc.  Live in California, getting married in Colorado and all of our family and friends are in the Midwest so not as fun to "pull it all together" at this point without anyone around to "help".  Thank goodness for e-mail, digital/phone cameras and webcam! 

Post # 12
57 posts
Worker bee

August 15, 2009 here as well!!! Good to know it’s a popular date. You hear about May and June, forget that. People say I’m crazy because it’s actually 4 days before my FI’s birthday and 5 days before mine. We’re going to be busy folks! I actually found that I share an anniversary with my close friend’s parents as well as another close friend’s sister.

I’ve gotten a lot of planning done and have purchased a lot of the small things that will really add up if you don’t stay on top of them (like gifts for wedding party, my shoes, accessories, garter, etc.). I’m with buttebride, an out-of-towner (ATL bride living in NYC), so it feels like I have a heavy load on my shoulders, but I’ll get it together (right??? )

Post # 13
275 posts
Helper bee

We are officially less than 4 months out!!  WOO HOO!!

Post # 14
1356 posts
Bumble bee

Today is the 3 month mark! WHOOOHOO!!!!

Post # 15
275 posts
Helper bee

One month away ladies!!

What do you have left?

Post # 16
1356 posts
Bumble bee

Ahh! I can’t believe it!

What do I have left? I wish I could remember!

We still only have about half of our RSVPs back, and then we need to make placecards. We still need to make table numbers too, and finish the programs…

We need to book our limo, and our soloist (eek!) and finalize the ceremony and reception timelines.

We still have to order our cake (yikes!) and figure out gifts for parents and bridal party.

Holy cow. That’s a lot to do!

The topic ‘August 15, 2009’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors