(Closed) August 15, 2015 Brides, where are you? :-)

posted 6 years ago in August 2015
Post # 31
62 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2015

I’m getting married August 15, 2015 in my tiny hometown in Idaho! Excited to meet some other brides with the same date!! You all sound like you are sooo far ahead of me with planning. We recently became engaged in September and have been together 6.5 years. I have finally chosen colors after being super indecisive and think I have finally picked my dress! I guess that is a start. 🙂

Post # 32
92 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

View original reply
ComputerLove06:  So impressive!! I got married August 30, 2014 and felt like I was planning until the last second. This is so great because you’ll have more time to relax and worry about smaller things.. ahh, and congrats by the way! August weddings are great 🙂 

Post # 36
26 posts
Newbee

View original reply
Grandmichbee:  ha! we found each other! I am getting married on the Sunday as well 🙂 I cannot wait!!

We have been engaged for about a year; I did not want to get married while working full time and finishing my masters degree, so this August was out of the question.

Post # 37
12 posts
Newbee

@ComputerLove06 I plan to send them out right after the holidays. We are having a camp wedding that is either a drive/plane ride for some people (and a whole weekend affair) so we want to make sure people have enough time to plan accordingly. If our wedding was a more local affair, we would probably wait a bit longer. 

General rule is 6 months, 8 months if travel is involved. (See more here http://wedding.theknot.com/wedding-planning/wedding-invitations/articles/save-the-dates-etiquette.aspx). We’ll probably send the invites in May. 

Post # 38
160 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
msdzm: So cool to know someone else getting married on August 16th. I’m really excited for my Sunday afternoon garden wedding, i think it’s going to be completly lovely and approriate for the mood we wanted to set. More of a fancy family get together rather than a crazy party. 

View original reply
ComputerLove06:  I’m sending my save the dates out today. We have a lot of cross country guests and a few out of country, so i want to give everyone as much notice as possible. 

Post # 39
356 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2016

I’m an 8/15/15 bride!! We just booked our ceremony/reception venue so it’s OFFICIAL!!!!! So excited to join y’all!!

Post # 40
160 posts
Blushing bee

So excited, I just got my first floral qoute back and its starting to feel real!

Post # 41
45 posts
Newbee

View original reply
ComputerLove06:  I know that it will soon be here. We have most of the major things sorted already: venue, photographer, dress. I know we are against the clock a little bit now for other big things e.g. florist, entertainment but not planning on much for either so hopefully we’ll get it done. Any tips?

Post # 42
45 posts
Newbee

View original reply
Grandmichbee:  I can’t believe we are getting married on almost the dame day and wearing the same dress! How is your planning going?

Post # 43
2000 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2016

Im getting married 8/15/15. I still haven’t sent our save the dates! I hoping for the beginning of February well before Valentines Day! Is that to late? I was thinking invitations in May. What are you ladies doing as far as timing for save the dates and invitations?

Post # 44
160 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
Cicely16:  I know, it is pretty cool. My planning is almost done. The only things i have left to do are to pick a florist, find music (i’m debating between band or DJ), book hair and makeup, and send out invites. How is your planning going?

Post # 45
45 posts
Newbee

View original reply
Grandmichbee:  I still need to sort a florist, makeup/hair and music etc too so we seem to be at about the same stage. Sent save the dates ages ago and have a wedding website for info for guests so not worrying about sending invites just yet. I was stressing I was a bit behind but I’m sure it will be fine. We are doing alot of DIY stuff though which I’m looking forward to but hope we’ve not given ourselves too much to do. 

The topic ‘August 15, 2015 Brides, where are you? :-)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors