(Closed) August 16th, 2014 here!

posted 8 years ago in August 2014
Post # 17
36 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2014

View original reply
@_Adelaide_:  True! Plus I will be planning a party here in Germany too, so I won’t have too much time to get bored πŸ™‚ 

Post # 18
1464 posts
Bumble bee

I’m August 17th 2014 but there aren’t too many of those πŸ™‚ Venue booked, dress bought! But I’m planning from long-distance so I have to get things done in clumps, going back home soon, gonna get a DJ and some bridal under “things” Wooohooooo Never to early to plan! My friend who just got married has informed me that no matter how long an engagement you have, it will be crazy stressful the month before the wedding. But I just have a feeling that I can prove him wrong… We’ll see!

Post # 19
41 posts
Newbee

Hello twins! 

Post # 20
146 posts
Blushing bee

I’ve got my dress, venue, decorator, photographer, officiant, and the wine is being made… So, there may be 14 months yet to go, but i want the big stuff figured out!  I still need a DJ, but have one in mind, a photobooth and a caterer (who is currently in the states, so when she getsback we’ll connect).  I’m excited and can’t help planning πŸ™‚ It means that the next year will be refining the details and some DIY projects!

Post # 21
41 posts
Newbee

The Fiance and I are going in for our first tasting with the catering company today. But we have secured the venue, reception, wedding bands, dress, tux rentals, photographer, DJ, and then starting on DIY projects and Invites/Annoucements. We still need to plan hotels and other “smaller” details to make our day special. Its a lot of work to complete in the next 14 months PLUS work full time and be social during this beatuiful summer season in Seattle. Coffee intraventus fliuds anyone?

Post # 22
146 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
@Seattlerains83:  Sounds like you’ve got a ton done already (like me!) so there shouldn’t be too much to do in 14 months…? or am i missing stuff? Lol.  There definitely will be some DIY stuff – centerpieces, seating chart, table #s, flowers (that we’re having grown for our day), ceremony decor (not much…)…  What kind of other decor is there?

Post # 23
41 posts
Newbee

View original reply
@HotnHollerin:  We are having a smaller affair so seating charts etc.. are not being taken into account. We have the honeymoon worked out already, and now we are worring about inviting people but not offending people by not inviting them ( if that makes sense). 14 months and counting…then the hard stuff, name changes and gov’t stuff plus insurence and our future as husband and wife.

Post # 24
6 posts
Newbee

Hello Date Twins

My fiance and I are getting married on Aug 16, 2014 as well.  We already have our colors and theme picked. He is working on the venue this weekend.  I have my girls lined up and plenty of ideas LOL.  Working this from3 different states is so much fun NOT.  I’m in Florida, my Maid/Matron of Honor is in Tennessee and my fiance is in North Carolina, where we will be getting married.  

I am actually a nervous stressed out wreck.  My first marriage was something I had little control over.  Ex inlaws picked the location, ex husband picked the date. I got to pick the cake since my mom made it.  So this is a BIG learning curve for me.  Thank god for my sister/MOH she is helping to keep me calm, sorta, and helping with flowers and the girls dresses.  She keeps coming up with things I am forgetting, doesnt help my memory sucks.  

Yep I’m a wreck but in a great way.  LOL

Post # 25
36 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2014

Greetings, fellow date twins!  

I thought I was doing well planning, but some of you have me completely beat! πŸ™‚  So far we’ve chosen our colors and put the deposit down on our venue.  Some of the vendors I’ve contacted think I’m a little nuts asking for quotes so far in advance, but I want first pick, LOL!  πŸ™‚

Curious to see where everyone chooses to go on their honeymoon.  We wanted to do a Mexican or Carribean resort, but then discovered August is in their hurricane season.  The Pacific side of Mexico might be an option, but I’ve heard it is extremely hot and muggy during this time.  If I’m wrong, please let me know!  Now I’m trying to convince Fiance to do a mini-moon in Vegas (it’s a six hour drive for us, so not too far away or expensive) and postpone a tropical trip until winter.  

It won’t be too long now until we hit the one year mark – I can’t wait!  Laughing

Post # 26
560 posts
Busy bee

Hello everyone!

I was in the July 2014 board. However, upon learning that my sister is getting married on the same day I’ve picked, we’ve moved the date to Madonna’s birthday (aka my official wedding day).

So…. howdy ho!

Post # 27
85 posts
Worker bee

We just booked out wedding venue! Dubsdread in Orlando, FL and let me tell you I cant wait till Aug 16 2014! I hope everyone else is having fun planning πŸ™‚

Post # 28
59 posts
Worker bee

I think we have you guys beat. Have colors, wedding party, ceremony and reception locations, caterer, DJ, photographer, florist, and a good start to the guest list done. Going dress shopping this week for the first time so definately behind in that area!

Post # 29
223 posts
Helper bee

Hello date twins!
I have venue, and dress bought was going to wait but its the style I wanted, its preowned  so I got an awesome deal!  

Post # 30
560 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@2sweeet123: as of today, I have the church, venue, photographer, DJ, dress, pre-marriage prep, picked out my bridal party, picking my DIY projects, deciding on shoes and stationary, and deciding on flowers and maybe video!

373 days to go!

Post # 31
30 posts
Newbee

im another august 16th 2014 bride! we have the venue, reception, dj, and photographer picked!

The topic ‘August 16th, 2014 here!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors