(Closed) August 17th Wedding 2013

posted 6 years ago in August 2013
Post # 3
425 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

@jess0903: Hi date twin! You definitely picked a great day for the wedding! Do you have pictures of the property? Is it possible to maybe have the ceremony and cocktail hour on the dock but then have a tent near there for the reception. This way in case of bad weather you have the covered area that should work and the reception will be safe inside the tent? Or can you even have a shuttle that takes you to a near by hall where the reception will be?

Post # 5
732 posts
Busy bee

@jess0903:  aug 17 is like directally in summer, it rains very rarely where I live at that time of year. I can always hold the reception and ceremony inside if it rains but i guess you just cant use the house. The church sounds like a decent back up plan if you cant use the tent. It was my backk up until i changed my venue i had my heart set  on marrying outdoors aswell..but you cant control the weather unfortunaatly =c just have to remember  your marrying your Fiance, wether your indoors or out its going to be the most awsome time! Good luck

Post # 7
425 posts
Helper bee

@jess0903:  Our ceremony is outside too. We will be having it inside the cocktail hour space if it rain but I understand what you are saying. I really really don’t want to have it inside either. You definitely want some sort of back up because without one that is when it will rain so I would keep thinking. Maybe even having a rain date option of the next day or weekend, if its a small wedding you might be able to pull this off.

Post # 8
1425 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2013 - Rosehill Community Center

Yay date twins!  I think August 17th should be perfect weather, but I looked it up in an almanac for our area and it said August this year is supposed to be cooler and wetter than normal – no thanks!  I’m actually getting nervous 7 months ahead of time, but… It is a good idea to have a plan in place, even if it is just buying a ton of dollar store umbrellas, like my Fiance suggested.  I’m pretty insistant that we’ll get married outside, though, whatever the weather!  Let’s all just keep our fingers crossed for an amazing weather day!

Post # 9
464 posts
Helper bee

I like the umbrellas idea.  If it rains, marry at the little church.  It would be a warm rain, anyway.

Then again I live in a part of the country where rain is to be expected.

Post # 10
22 posts
Newbee

Hi date twins!!!  I’m a newcomer to this board…wish I’d discovered it sooner!  I’m getting married in NB, Canada.

The topic ‘August 17th Wedding 2013’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors