(Closed) August 2010 Brides is your dress IN yet? As in first fitting soon?

posted 10 years ago in August 2010
Post # 47
120 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

Mine just came in and I have to be poured into it! I honestly haven’t put on weight, so I’m surprised, but I might be duct-taping my boobs down by the end of it all and I’m a little guy! Breathing is overrated, right?!

I haven’t gone to my alterations lady yet, but I’m hoping she might be able to let it out a tiny bit up top, otherwise things might get a little dicey!

I will admit that I was starting to get cold feet on my dress before it came in, because I’d had time to see all these other gorgeous dresses on the blogs (I know, I know, I shouldn’t look at them!), but when I saw it, I was completely reassured that I made the right choice. (Guess that’s good, since there isn’t much time to deviate!)

Anyone else feel better once they saw it come in??

Post # 48
173 posts
Blushing bee

My first fitting is next week!  Although I already tried it on in March just to see how it fit – pretty good!

Post # 50
67 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: December 1993

Mine isn’t in yet, I ordered it in early April, and they said it would generally come by the end of June, but they will try for mid-June… Well I called them and looks like it’s end of June after all 🙁

Plus I’m kind of freaking out because I tried on the sample and it fit perfectly except needed some adjustment in the chest area and hemming of course (I am 5’3”), but:

1. Since then I have lost some weight so who knows what alterations I will need
  2. I ordered it without the train and now I am freaking out if it’s going to look okay

AAAAAAAAH WHY CAN’T IT BE HERE ALREADY!!!!!

Post # 51
900 posts
Busy bee

@noscare – I hear you!  It’s harder waiting at the end than it was 6 months ago when I bought it!  I want to call the shop every week, but I know that won’t bring it here any faster.

Post # 52
107 posts
Blushing bee

I have had mine for awhile now. I bought it off the rack.

[attachment=1019140,126248]

Post # 54
353 posts
Helper bee

@silveramos GORGEOUS!

Mine came in January (ordered in Sept), and my first fitting is July 3rd. I’m so excited! We’re going to make the back dip lower, and take lots of length off the bottom (I’m only 5’2″!)

Post # 55
54 posts
Worker bee

I ordered mine at the beginning of May, and since it’s couture the ordering timeframe was 12-14 weeks….yikes….Sooo, it should be in the beginning of August, they’re telling me.  They reassured me they would not have let me order it if they weren’t positive they could get it in on time!  I am so anxious to try it on!!

Think I might go back to the bridal salon and try on the floor sample again just for fun to tide me over…LOL. 🙂

Post # 56
126 posts
Blushing bee

My dress is in and my first fitting is June 26!  I’m dying to see it!!!

Post # 57
134 posts
Blushing bee

end of june for me…still waiting…sigh

Post # 58
80 posts
Worker bee

My first fitting was 6/8! Next one is 7/10 — I hope to drop another size by then

Post # 59
91 posts
Worker bee

mine won’t come in til early july. ugh!

Post # 60
38 posts
Newbee

I bought my dress today (!) and my first fitting is next Tuesday.  Wedding Aug 7!

Post # 61
277 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

I had my first fitting yesterday. I can pick up my dress on 7/14!

The topic ‘August 2010 Brides is your dress IN yet? As in first fitting soon?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors