(Closed) August 2010 brides, what is your RSVP by date?

posted 8 years ago in August 2010
Post # 3
3539 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

Mail 14th June

RSVP: 19th July

2nd Mail: 7- 19th July

RSVP 31st July

I dont think I actually want to send out B list invites… unless the numbers are drastically low low.

Post # 4
2719 posts
Sugar bee

I don’t really know. Close to two weeks before the wedding will probably be our RSVP date. I think our caterer is only a week-10 days before, but to get them all in & call, I need to do early. I really need to get on addressing them to send  them out sooN!

Post # 5
900 posts
Busy bee

I think I’m going to do 3 weeks early.  I already know most of the people that won’t be able to make it, so I can send out a few extra invites with the A group.  I think three weeks will still be enough time to send B list if necessary because my venues doesn’t need numbers until 3 days before…

I can’t believe we’re getting so close!

Post # 6
524 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2009

Keep in mind that the vast majority of our guests live on the east coast, so we’re a semi-destination wedding. 

Save the Dates mailed 12/15/09

Mailing invitations to most guests:  6/1

Mailing invitations to a few new Chicago friends:  by 7/10

RSVP deadline:  7/28

Wedding:  8/28

Post # 7
532 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

I’m hoping to mail mine out the first week of June and ask for a July 1st reply.

Post # 8
54 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2018

I mailed out my invites May 10th and I have an RSVP date of July 9th. Most of my guests are out of town as well as the room block closes June 9th, so I thought this was a happy medium.

Post # 9
2463 posts
Buzzing bee

mine went out today! it’s kind of early, but many of our guests are oot, and we need to get the final count to the caterer by july 26. our rsvp deadline is july 1, and the hotel blocks close on july 7

Post # 10
46 posts
Newbee

we mailed ours out in may (because 1/2 of our guests need to travel out of country to get there) with a july 1 deadline for an august 14 wedding.  we’re not having a “b” list and our caterer needs 1 month notice in case we need to overhaul the menu (due to space constraints… hopefully not)  july 1 would give us 2 weeks to hunt down stragglers!

Post # 11
619 posts
Busy bee

My wedding is on August 14th, and I made the RSVP day very early: 1st of July. Some ppl are coming from out of the country and I wanted to give myself plenty of time for planning. I don’t have an A list and B list. I just have one list. I will call the ppl who don’t RSVP who I really want to come. The others, if they don’t RSVP I won’t worry.

Post # 12
1403 posts
Bumble bee

You’ll probably get some declines in the mail right away, so you can start inviting B list friends very soon after the A list invites went out.  Otherwise I think your schedule will work.  Are you printing two separate sets of RSVP cards with the different “reply by” dates on them?

Post # 13
3344 posts
Sugar bee

Mail: Week of June 14th

RSVP: July 19th

Caterer headcount due: August 6th

Post # 14
277 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

Sent: May 27th

RSVP Due: July 10th

Caterer count: July 31st

Cake count: July 24th

We do have a B-list, but we’re hoping for ~64 guests and sent out 71 A-list. We’ll see if we can even get to the B-list.

Post # 15
249 posts
Helper bee

Mail: May 27th

RSVP due: July 14th

Caterer August 4th-7th

We do not have a B list and for the must part I know (at least on my side of the family and friends) who is coming as they (and i did too) live In USA and wedding is in Toronto (where i live now) so they gotten their tickets 🙂 They are some last minute additions but that is a different story 🙂

Post # 16
158 posts
Blushing bee

I am mailing out my invites by June 20th and my rsvp is July 29th..

The topic ‘August 2010 brides, what is your RSVP by date?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors