Post # 1
Ok! Only 2 – 6 weeks left! Can you believe it? Time to check in again with all the rest of the frazzled August brides.
What’s left on your to-do-before-“we-do” list? What are you most stressed about? What do you feel super relieved to finally check off the list?
Post # 3
Feeling close! Almost all DIY done, still have:
- Table #s (waiting on venue, arg)
- Escort Cards (waiting on venue, arg)
- Welcome Info
- Final Dress Fitting Tuesday
- Finalize Seating
- Missing 3 RSVPs
- Final random errands!
The venue is bar far the most stressful, they don’t return phone calls and I’d like to go over some things as the date approaches! I’ve gotten a lot of the “paper stuff” done and other projects as well as almost all the RSVP’s in so that feels great!
Hope everyone’s hanging in there!
Post # 4
Ahh! Time is zooming by all of a sudden. Here’s the to-do’s on our list:
- Finalizing seating chart (waiting for a few more RSVPs)
- Finalizing music must play / do not play lists for DJ and mariachi song list
- Purchasing out of town bag items / making Out of Town bags
- Writing welcome letter
- Writing itinerary for wedding party
- Making programs
- Finalizing ceremony music selections
- Send rehearsal dinner invitations
We have a lot to do!Writing this out will get me to move on this stuff for sure.
Post # 5
EEK, time is FLYING by!
I’ve got a fair amount of DIY left, because it’s stuff I can’t really start until we get all of our RSVPs back (escort cards and table configurations), and until we decide on our bar situation (menu cards). I’ve done what I can with those, so just waiting on RSVPs at this point.
Also need to:
• Order flowers for bouquet
• Buy centerpiece vases
• Have final 2 dress fittings
• Pick up wedding bands (should be ready on August 1)
• Make rehearsal dinner invites
• Send out rehearsal dinner invites
• Pick out music (we’ve got some picked, but not the major songs lol)
• Get second pair of shoes for reception in case my heels hurt too much
• Order alcohol for rehearsal dinner
• Making Out of Town bags
• Create seating chart
• UGHHHHHHHHHH so much to do, but little motivation to do it….
Post # 6
I can’t even comment except to say OY VEY
Post # 7
I’m a july 31 bride having an aug 6 reception (from when we get back from our intimate destination wedding)!
Here’s my last to do list:
- ties for the guys
- three cylinder vases in diff heights for wine tasting room submurged flower decor during the cocktail hour
- finishing up some mossy letters and our chair decor
- finishing up signs for favors, guestbook, and our sendoff
- printing and finishing up making our monogram decals for the favor bags
- make the menu and beverage/wine list for the place settings
- and going shopping to get a few more outfits for me and for my son for the big familymoon trip!
Post # 8
I don’t even know what there is to do. I am somewhat hoping that anything I haven’t done already doesn’t matter.
- Glue craft sticks onto our program fans
- Test run making whoopie pies for favors
- Actually make the whoopie pies for favors
- Thank You cards for my lovely ladies for my bridal shower
- Call the venue with final count / pay venue
- Pay hair & make-up stylists
I think I’m pretty well along. I have a seating chart done, only waiting to see if there will be final changes.
How did time creep up so quickly? It will be less than 20 days on Monday!
Post # 9
@Kittyachi: don’t worry. I’m in the Oy Vey category too.
To make most everyone feel better about their list- here’s mine!
- find a dj!!!!!! give him play/do not play lists, select special songs
- have 1st, 2nd, possibly third dress fitting
- meet with florist to discuss specifics
- meet with officiant to discuss specifics
- meet with photog to discuss specifics
- meet with stylist to discuss specifics, get pre-wedding chop, trial hair
- find, buy, size wedding rings
- find, buy, size three wedding suits
- stockpile alcohol, toppings for dessert buffet
- do ALL paper crafts: time lines, table numbers, guest wish tree, signage, place cards, etc.
- organize a rehearsal dinner
- find, book wedding night hotel
- seating arrangements
- get license from town hall
- roughly 500 origami cranes
- wet saw and sand 100 glass bottles for luminaries
….. oof…. i think I have to throw up all over my wedding binder now…
Post # 10
I feel like we have everything to get ready:
- Clay flowers
- clutches – 6
- cake topper
- aisle runner
- ceremony music
- dinner music
- pick up my dress from alterations
- figure out how we’re getting everything up there
- pick out the cake
- order Converse
- find someone to do my hair
- make “Thank you” parasol
- come up with a list of pictures for the photog
- find some Bugs Bunny argyle socks (if they’re made)
- finish my veil
- make programs
- and much, much more
Post # 11
the veil too! i forgot the veil! and shoes!
Post # 12
- Order wedding favors
- package wedding favors
- Set seating chart
- Order escort cards
- Final meeting/payment with venue
- final meeting/payment with florist
- payment to band
- payment to photographer
- pick up photo guest book from photographer
- Marriage license
- 2nd and 3rd dress fittings
- tie ribbon around wedding bubbles
- put together and decorate flower girl wagon
- Finalize details of wedding shuttle with hotel
- Call travel agent to finalize hotel transfers
I’m sure there’s a million more things I’m forgetting!
Post # 13
My to-do list seems to be growing, rather than shrinking!
-reserved signs for church
-bathroom basket signs
-buy snacks and water for Out of Town bags
-design and assemble programs (i still need to find a style that i like)
-finish cross-stitching the escort table sign (i’m half way done)
-buy cords for handfasting ceremony
-buy frames and print out old family wedding photos
-finish groomsmen gift purchasing (i decided on monday that i wanted to make them tie envelopes as part of the gift, this took about 2 days to do)
-escort tag labels for jam jars
-name tags for tables (design, print and assemble)
-table seating arrangements
-bring all the table numbers (chalkboards on stakes) to the florist
-assemble kids gift buckets
i know there are things i’m forgetting. i keep adding onto a giant list when i remember something. i need to start carrying around my little wedding notebook so i can cross things off as i do them!
tonight is my last dress fitting!
Post # 14
I’m actually feeling really good.
Our biggest projects left are the last 35 fan programs and centerpieces.
The centerpieces we’ll most likely finish up this weekend. Need to cut 6 more 1.5Ls then spray paint #s on them all.
The thing still stressing me out is the Bridesmaid or Best Man gifts.
Other minor stuff:
- Cake topper
- Update Rehearsal Dinner #s
- Picking up FI’s suit today
- Possibly get fancy fans for immediate family
- Bro has to book limo & video for us. No biggie.
- Finish up day of timeline
- Make thank you signs
- Decide if I want to do menus
- make 24 Logan Berry beverages (kid favors)
- ring bowls
- confirm everything with vendors couple days before the wedding.
- Make sure I have a list of instructions to venue!
Post # 15
@TheFutureMcBride: We are doing converse too; we went to Shoe Carnival and FYI they had a buy one get one half off sale! So I think the final cost came down to $33 per pair.
Post # 16
aaaaa…..aaaaa…..aaaa…. 1. DON’T PANIC
Trying to stick to number 1.
2. seating chart
3. dress fitting! (having serious issues with this 🙁 )
4. other stuff…