(Closed) August 2011 Brides

posted 7 years ago in August 2011
Post # 3
3222 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

I have waves of excitedness, nervousness and nausea! I have been having trouble falling asleep, with so much on my mind. Otherwise, life must go on…so I’m trying to stay sane on the outside as much as possible.

Here’s what I have left to do:

– make envelopes with payments for vendors

– Break in shoes 

– Buy gift for officiant

– Finalize the ceremony (I know, I know!!)

– Make signs for misc. things (guestbook table, food tables, sign asking to turn off ringers at ceremony…)

– Take off all shoe size labels on the flip flops for the ceremony

– Finish helping with yardwork – it’s at my parent’s house, so just need to help do weeding, small things.

– Do final walkthrough in my dress – make sure there aren’t any fit issues.

– Get married!!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 4
568 posts
Busy bee

I too go back and forth.  I just want it here already so I can stop worrying about it! 

I need to print out the programs,  make signs for drinks and cakes and all that, do the seating chart (dreading this), finalize with the caterer, figure out where I can buy 50 pounds of lemons, pick up my dress from the tailor and pray that it is perfect.  We are going to get the marriage licence either this afternoon or tomorrow morning.  That will be a fun one.  I am also going into the store I bought my undergarment from so they can tie me in.  I’m oddly enough looking forward to that.  Oh geeze, I just keep thinking of more things I need to do.  My list is growing!! ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 6
223 posts
Helper bee

hmmm…[email protected], you’ve got me thinking. Our officiant is a step-father of a friend. I was going to give him cash with a thank you card, but I’m wondering if a gift would be better? Like a nice bottle of wine?

When I first contacted him, he offered to do it for free, but I’d like to give him something.

Post # 7
223 posts
Helper bee

also – what form of payment are you doing for your vendors? Cash or cheque? I’d like to do cash, cause I hate having cheques pending for withdrawl, but at the same time, I don’t want a bunch of envelopes of cash floating around!

Post # 8
3222 posts
Sugar bee

@Khumble: Yeah! We actually know that Karl (our officiant) loves Crown Royal, so we’re going to buy him a bottle of that ๐Ÿ™‚

I’m going to wait until next wednesday to do the money part, mostly for that same reason. I just want to give cash, so I don’t forget about the check and then suddenly have someone cash the check. I’m so bad about remembering to balance my checkbook! 

Post # 9
7 posts
Newbee

I only have one week to go!  I am getting very excited, and I am definitely on top of everything.  I have checked all over the wedding websites for suggetions on things to do, and have belonged to 2 ever since I got engaged.  I have my dress and accessories all together; I have made all arrangements with the vendors; and I have started putting together a wedding day emergency kit.  I don’t know what is left!?  If you have any suggetions, let me know please!  Thank you!!

Post # 10
173 posts
Blushing bee

In exactly 2 weeks, the evening will becoming to a close and I will be married to the most wonderful Man I have ever met.

I have to keep thinking of that since all of the planning has made me almost lose my mind!

I can’t belive how stressful this can all become!!!!!!

Anyone have a good “check list’ they want to share for the wedding day?

Here’s a question—when are you packing for the honeymoon!?

The topic ‘August 2011 Brides’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors