Post # 1
Just wondering how my fellow August 2011 brides are coming along in their planning… Although I still have a lot to do, I feel like I am getting there! Next on my list:
-Order and send out invites
-Purchase bridal jewelry
-Create seating chart once I get RSVP’s back
-Plan Rehearsal Dinner
-Get dress fitted
I want to hear what you’re working on for your wedding…only 4 months left!!
Post # 3
@twfcah2009: Hi Month Twin! My planning is slowly coming together. I too feel like I have so much to do but somehow it is coming along. My list is quite long but here are the major tasks I need to get done for the month of May.
-Work with my invitation consultant on my invites. She is currently working on the mock up for the sample. I have to address the envelopes in a couple of weeks. Hopefully have them sent out by the end of May.
-Order the flower girl dresses for my two little ladies
-Order my table linen, napkins, seat covers and sashes for the event
-meet with our officiant to discuss ceremony
-Work on my programs and menues
-Look for undergarments, shoes and accessories for myself
-Look for shoes and accessories for my bridesmaids
-Go to first dress fitting
-discuss my hair and make-up with friend who is doing it for me as a gift
-begin three month beauty regiment for the wedding (exercise, developing better sleeping schedule)
-Work on planning our honeymoon trip with Fiance.
Wow, I’m pretty sure there’s more to do but that would be for the month of June.
Post # 4
Hey month twins!!
Planning is going good so far! Still lots to do but it’s slowly coming along! Next on the list is Invites for next month 🙂
Post # 5
Hello month twin,
My list (that I know of)
- get dress (arriving next month)
- schedule fittings
- meet with cake lady
- find out if my maid of honor can attend
- if she cant have my sisters stand in
- for that reason I havnt been able to order bridesmaids dresses
- find a flower girl dress
- recieve box of invitations in mail sometime this week so I need to get addresses
- address every single invitation
- finalize menu
- and then I guess wait for RSVPs so I can make seating chart and get back to my venue.
I am sure theres more but thats all I can think of right now.
Post # 6
Howdy Month Twins!
Are any of you as burnt out on planning as I am?
I still have to:
Address and mail invites
Finish making (yes, making) all the flowers for the wedding
buy globe lights
give my guy another nudge about planning his and groomspeople attire
plan menu with caterer
book hotel room/flight for my photographer (she is a friends little sis)
meet with vendors to finalize plans (hair trial, DJ etc.)
wedding party gifts
Chuppah (yikes, we still have no idea what we are doing for this)
probably lots of other things I am forgetting!
Post # 7
I am pretty burnt out too.
Last week we went and got FI’s tux selected and fitted and picked out what the groomsmen are going to wear. (Same tux, easy.)
I need to finish getting my addresses so I can send the addresses and envelopes to the calligrapher to be addressed and sent out in mid-June.
We need to have a cake tasting and order the cake soon. I’ve been putting this off because Fiance doesn’t like most cakes, so it will be a very simple vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream icing. Nothing to get excited about.
I still need to finalize ceremony music.
These are the most immediate things I need to do. Later in the summer I’ll have a hair trial (I want to wait until July since the weather then will be similar to August and we’ll get a better idea of how it will hold up in the heat/humidity) and makeup trial. I’m holding off on accessories until my dress comes in. The big stuff is all taken care of, it’s just a matter of paying it off between now and then.
Post # 8
- Wedding: August 2011 - St. Joseph's Parish, Seattle Tennis Club
Okay, phew, I don’t feel as panicked reading these posts – everyone seems to be about where I am! @bellarain, looks like you and I are about right at the same place 🙂
Post # 9
@bookstorewedding: Yes I am definitely starting to get tired of the planning, Fiance and I will have been engaged for 2 years by when we get married. I’m excited though, I can’t wait to get my invites back and send them out!!
Post # 10
@candy apple: Lol I had the same thought. I have to order invites, creating seating chart and whatnot, menus, programs and other paper goods. And then start figuring out the music situation….have the band and ceremony music all lined up but haven’t even figured out our first dance song eep! And we’re also doing dance lessons. I feel like I’ve already done so much (just finalized the menu and cake) but so much left to do….. Can’t I just go on the honeymoon already? Hah!
Post # 11
Planning is going really well – but yes there is so much left to do! I can’t think about it too much though or I get stressed 🙂
Next on my list is this kind of stuff:
– Mail out invitations
– Work on some decor items
– Work on ceremony (friend is marrying us and we’re designing the ceremony)
– Book transportation
– Nag Fiance until he gets suits organized for him & groomsman. I’ve given him 1 task for every 5 that I’ve taken on and he’s slacking with all his stuff!
But we’re getting there! Definitely can’t wait until the day of though!
Post # 12
Hi ladies!! I havent been able to work on wedding planning much so I seem to still be fresh as a daisy (my FI’s busy time at work is Nov-Dec, mine is Jan-April…and he is VERY involved so doing it on my own wasn’t an option).
My current to-do list:
- tuxes. The boys are going out tonight to get that taken care of
- finish addressing about 6 invites. Get stamps (FI is doing that today). Mail out.
- order table/chairs/tableclothes.
- order food (Famous Daves. order doesnt have to be in until July 6)
- revisit our ceremony space and work out any kinks
- receive and alter dress. I just ordered a new one last week!
- finish centerpieces and do a mock up.
I think thats about it. I am sure there are some smaller details I’m blcoking out so I don’t get too overwhelmed but we have gotten a lot accomplished this past month, thank goodness!
Post # 13
I am SO ready for our day to be here… The closer it gets, the more excited I get! In the month of May we need to:
- Address and send the first round of invitations
- WOrk on a LOT of DIY projects
- Finish our pre martial stuff for the Catholic church
- Finialize readings/music
And probably about a million other things I am forgetting… 🙂 Happy planning ladies!
Post # 14
Okay, I am on a planning frenzy cause I hate doing stuff last minute. Right now we need to;
- get the last 2 groomsmen fitted
- jewelry for me
- finish addressing invites
- buy stamps
- finish paying for gifts
- book transportation
- plan menu
Post # 15
Hiiiiiiii, Month Twins! 🙂
Ok, now I’m not freaking out anymore. Currently I’m working on:
– Finishing centerpieces.
– Finalizing the menu for the buffet stations, as I was supposed to have them done a week ago. 😛
– Jewelry for myself and my bridesmaids.
– Shoes! I can’t make up my mind. 🙁
– My second dress fitting is May 7th!
– Out of Town Boxes
– Gifts for the bridal party!
– Looking for Gourmet Popcorn sellers, as we are doing that instead of a candy buffet.
And I’m sure I’m missing something, lol. 🙂
Post # 16
@MissTatas: I just discovered Famous Daves, love it. It is totally what I was wanting before we changed everything. Youre food will be great!