(Closed) August 2011 Brides, where ya at?!

posted 7 years ago in August 2011
Post # 3
248 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

I’m here I’m here, Aug 7th bride. Yea it do seems forever, but I still have a lot to do!

Post # 4
4 posts
Wannabee

I am August 20 and I get an email every week saying how far away my wedding is and it seem like if i say its 11 months away thats pretty far but the email I get says 43 weeks  and I freak out and start shopping for the things we need because it seems so close.

Post # 6
35 posts
Newbee

August 20, 2011 as well!

Post # 7
689 posts
Busy bee

8/13/11 and at times it seems far away and other times it seems like time is going fast! I have a countdown app on my phone that says it’s 288 days away. Probably after the first of the year, it will seem like it’s right around the corner.

Post # 8
404 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

August 13th, here. Maybe I’m just crazy, but most of the time I feel like it’s practically tomorrow and there’s not enough time to get everything done!

Post # 9
3126 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: December 2017

8/6/11 here. What has everyone accomplished so far?

Post # 10
248 posts
Helper bee

MissTatas where almost date twins my date was aug 6 but Fiance really watnt it on his bday, plus we get a huge discount on a sunday. 

I have my venue and my dress and shoes, lol we are going to do a tasting with the caterer Nov 13th, Thats it for me, I went to look at flowers today.  Thats all for me.

Post # 11
404 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I have… my venue. And.. I’ve picked colors. I went dress shopping once… didn’t buy anything. I clearly need to get it into gear.

Post # 12
406 posts
Helper bee

august 13!!!! I have our church and reception venue nailed down, booked a photographer, and am working on a caterer.

Post # 13
52 posts
Worker bee

I’m an August 27th bride as well!  I do sometimes feel like it is really far away (especially since I have been engaged since March) but my sister got married a couple of weekends ago and her wedding came super fast (they got engaged last September).  I have mostly everything done since I have been engaged so long but I will say that things sneak up on you- like Fiance and I have our Pre Canna next week and I am getting addresses together to send out our STD’s.  It will probably be here before we know it!

Post # 15
689 posts
Busy bee

So far we have our ceremony and reception venues and photographer booked. We have our director, decorator and cake bakery chosen. We are meeting with some caterers next week. I’ve also been talking with a DJ and band. I have a pretty good idea of what our centerpieces and other decor will look like. I have been dress shopping and tried on several dresses. I have still haven’t found “the one” but going again in a few weeks and keeping my fingers crossed. We’ve started collecting addresses, and we have a lot of little stuff. The extra bedroom closet is getting tighter and tighter.

The topic ‘August 2011 Brides, where ya at?!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors