(Closed) August 2011 Brides, where ya at?!

posted 10 years ago in August 2011
Post # 18
2312 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

8/20 and I feel like a slacker! We have the chapel, the reverend, and are 99% sure we’ve settled on the reception venue and getting ready to send in that deposit. I’ve got a pretty good idea of the photographer I’d like to hire, but I REALLY need to get out there next month and try on dresses.

Post # 19
52 posts
Worker bee

Here is my dress and venue:  (forgive the pics of my dress- this is not me but the vendor no longer carries pics of my dress so I had to find it on someone’s posting that had worn it before- LOL.  Also I am having the neckline altered into a sweetheart so it won’t be straight across like that)

Venue

Post # 22
52 posts
Worker bee

@HardyPooleParty:   thanks!  I was so bummed when I couldn’t find a picture- it took some doing to find these ones! 

Post # 23
404 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

View original reply
@HardyPooleParty and
View original reply
@devybug I LOVE your dresses. I seriously need to make a decision on that soon.

Post # 24
359 posts
Helper bee

August 27th here too.

We still haven’t really done anything. We’ve picked our colours and tentatively decided on a venue (his grandparents’ backyard). I’ve researched rentals (for tent and tables and chairs and stuff) and looked at the websites for a few caterers. I’ve looked at pictures of dresses, but I’ll be going shopping in December when I visit my sister. We may have our guestlist mostly figured out. I need to talk to his mom and find out if we forgot anyone, and we need to go back to his grandparents’ house to measure the yard and see how many people it will hold.

I’m a little nervous that I don’t have more done or decided on, but I’m a chronic procrastinator.

Post # 25
827 posts
Busy bee

I’m August 6th, 2011!!! We are currently living in Colorado (I’m from CA) so we’re having it here.  We booked our venue! And I LOVE it!! It’s in the heart of the Rocky Mountains at Snow Mountain Ranch (a YMCA camp).  The best part is it’s cheap!!!  Below is the picture where the chairs will be set up for the ceremony.  We went right after it snowed/melted, so the ground is kind of gross. The chairs will look out onto the Continental Divide.

We are getting our e-pics done this weekend! I know that I am going to freeze my ass off – we’re taking pictures at 9 am and the high for the day is barely 50! Buuuuttt! I bought a dress a few weeks ago when it was still “warm” and I really want to wear it!  My 2nd outfit change will be jeans, so that should help things out a bit.  I’ll use some of the pictures for STD postcards.

Other than that I haven’t done anything.  I did start a free wedding website at weddingwire.com.  My friend and Future Mother-In-Law are flying out the end of January to go dress shopping. I do need to figure out exactly what DIY projects I’ll be doing.  The venue is a 3-hour drive from our house, so I don’t want to make too much because I don’t want to haul a ton of stuff.

I just have a bunch of ideas going and I need to nail some things down…maybe this weekend!?!

[attachment=1453866,184406]

Post # 26
82 posts
Worker bee

Hey bees!

My date is August 7, 2011! My Fiance and I currently live in brooklyn but our wedding is in ohio, which is where I am from originally (much more affordable for weddings then nyc). here is our gorgeous venue!

[attachment=1456526,184763]

Post # 27
178 posts
Blushing bee

August 19th ,  i have my dress, veil, and accessories , no shoes yet. I also went to meet with the florist, i really liked her. No venue yet ๐Ÿ™

Post # 28
461 posts
Helper bee

Another August 27th bride here too! ๐Ÿ™‚ 

The things I am stressing the most at the moment are the Save the Dates and my dress. I have neither!…I haven’t gotten it yet. And i’ve only gone shopping once. I’m planning on going again with my mother before Christmas. 

We have our venue, caterer, dj, band, officiant, invitation design is done, month of wedding coordinator….almost have the photographer.

and I’m well into all of my DIY projects. 

Post # 29
173 posts
Blushing bee

August 20, 2011 here.

I have been fortunate enough to get alot of the “big” things taken care of:

We have the church, reception venue, my dress!!!, sent out most of my save the dates, Photographer, Videographer, make up, hairstylist and 99% sure of our DJ ๐Ÿ™‚

Once we book the DJ (this week), I am taking a break until after the holidays.

9 months will be here before we know it!!!

Post # 30
600 posts
Busy bee

Let’s see, Aug 27th/28th here… I have… my dress… and.. colors… and the HOPE of settling on my venue before thanksgiving…

am i behind?

Post # 31
200 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@JerzyLady: I am on the same page as you! I declared a wedding moratorium for the holidays. No planning, only fun things can be talked about. And then after, I can pick up my wedding freakout exactly where I left it.

The topic ‘August 2011 Brides, where ya at?!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors