(Closed) August 2011 Brides

posted 8 years ago in August 2011
Post # 3
52 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

My FI and I have engaged since the beginning of March and I have gotten a lot done.  I have booked my Wedding Planner, my Venue, my Church, Rabbi coming to the church, Band, Photographer, Videographer, Make-Up person, and Florist.  I am working on my Hair person and also my dress.  But since I am getting married in a big city I didn’t want to wait too long to plan so I could get my top choice of vendors!  Plus I am really anal-retentive and want to stay really organized-LOL!

Post # 4
248 posts
Helper bee

Hi August brides, 13 months to go, I will be engaged for a year Aug 14th so Im excited to get this show on the road.  I have my dress, vennue (going to pay deposit Sat), church, my matron of honor dress, make up person and florist.  I have a semi coordinator lol and I also have an idea who my photographer is just have not talk to him yet.

Post # 5
6 posts
Newbee

Hello!  We are getting married on Aug 12, 2011 and we have been engaged since December.

So far we have booked our venue and photographer. I just ordered my wedding dress a couple of weeks ago and we are working on our pocket fold invites now. Also, we have a cake tasting set for tomorrow. We have really solid ideas about just about everything else: programs, centerpieces, flowers, cake, Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses, etc. 

Post # 7
3126 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: December 2017

@jlam: We are date twins 🙂

We have been engaged fora little over a month. So far we have deposits paid on our Ceremony Site, Reception Venue, and Photographer. We have a meeting scheduled with a DJ on Wednesday.

My boss has her officant liscense and she offered once to perform our ceremony. I am going to Vegas with her on Sunday, and I plan to find some time on the trip to bring up my wedding and ask her to officiate 🙂

I will be DIY my makeup, so I just need to do a trial and start collecting what I will use (and practicing). I will see my normal stylist for my hair, so I will mention that to her at my next appointment (I haven’t been to see her since getting the ring, she has been out on maternity leave)

I think I know which dress I want, but I am having a hard time committing. For the August brides who already have a dress picked out, can you share?

Post # 8
23 posts
Newbee

Yesterday was my minus-one year anniversary!  We are a little behind on our planning compared to some of you (even though we’ve been engaged for almost eight months now) because we are getting married at a cathedral where we are not parishioners, which meant we had to wait until about 12 months out (although the coordinator cut us a break and got us in 2 weeks early) to book the venue.  But we are now set on ceremony and reception venues, caterer (which is exclusive to the reception venue), and wedding planner.  I really want to get the photographer and DJ nailed down in the next month.  We’re meeting with the planner on Tuesday to discuss planning timeline so hopefully she’ll have time to work on both of them before September.

Post # 9
23 posts
Newbee

Oh, and I went dress shopping but haven’t bought yet.  @MissTatas, my top choice right now is Eva by Enzoani but I want to go look at the less expensive version of the dress to make sure it is worth the cost. Unfortunately, the closest salon with the less expensive one is two hours away and my mom is five hours in the other direction so I need to find a time that will work for her.

The topic ‘August 2011 Brides’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors