(Closed) August 2011 tuxedo shopping?

posted 7 years ago in August 2011
Post # 3
509 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

He and his Mom went to Moores at Christmas. Done!

Post # 4
88 posts
Worker bee

We did it over Thanksgiving.  We live 6 hours away from the wedding location, so we try to get everything done when we are home for visits.

Post # 5
248 posts
Helper bee

I have no Idea, and tha’s so bad.  Actually my Fiance wants just buy a really nice blk suit to keep, but I’m guessing it will be real soon.

Post # 7
3 posts
Wannabee

My Fiance and I went today and got it all handled! I was so relieved and excited to get another thing done 🙂

Post # 8
2981 posts
Sugar bee

I guess I better get on that! We haven’t even thought about going yet and our wedding is Aug 6th!. 

Post # 9
3126 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: December 2017

@Eight6Eleven: Date twin! How far in advance do people usually outfit their men? I just started thinking about it his week. I am acutally working on a big prom event with Savvi Formal so my boss suggested I talk to them this Saturday.

Post # 10
518 posts
Busy bee

We went in November so that I knew what it was going to cost and could budget around it. It worked out well because my Fiance is in a wedding in a few weeks and the bride and groom said they can wear their own tuxes (all the other Groomsmen are recently married so they have their own tuxes) so he’ll be able to wear his instead of having to rent.

Post # 11
2 posts
Wannabee

Yikes! We haven’t even thought about this yet for our 8/6/11 wedding!

Post # 12
140 posts
Blushing bee

I’m going to take him sometime early next month, don’t worry we still have plenty of time.  It’s our dresses that run on a strict timeline

Post # 13
952 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

Mine was last August and we didn’t go till beginning of July!

Post # 14
627 posts
Busy bee

ugh. FI is in charge of this. and i will/am try(ing) my hardest not. to. nag. him. about it. but im pretty sure he just started researching it. we want charcoal color to go with our lighter gray bm dresses, trying not to have too much grey. but mens warehouse only has light grey tux rentals. Fiance said macys has good deals, so gm might be able to buy their suits for roughly the same amount they would spend renting tuxes.

Post # 15
57 posts
Worker bee

oh man, i’m an 8/20 bride and we haven’t even thought about this yet! um…we’ll get on it soon

Post # 16
713 posts
Busy bee

Fiance will be buying a new suit for the wedding. He found a place that does custom suits for a reasonable price. They come to measure you and then get the suit made in China.

Fiance said that 8 weeks was more than enough to get measured, made, sent here, measured for alterations, sent back to China to be altered, and then finally return here. I told him no f***ing way were we leaving just 8 weeks for that. So he’s getting fitted in May and we’ll go from there!

The topic ‘August 2011 tuxedo shopping?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors