(Closed) August 2011 websites

posted 7 years ago in August 2011
Post # 3
232 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

I’m in the super beginning stages of mine… my goal is to have it done (ish) by the time the Save-The-Date Cards go out in January.  I’m having a hard time getting motivated, though…

Post # 4
404 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I kind of started one with the knot, because I refuse to pay for it. But it’s pretty blank. I just look at it and have no idea what to do with it. So I walk away.

Post # 5
360 posts
Helper bee

I’m planning on using the free wedding website option through Bed, Bath & Beyond – it’s far nicer than I expected it to be…I havent started it yet though. I hadnt really thought about it yet since no one will really know about it until shower invites/wedding invitations go out. I suppose I should probably start it so that it’s one more thing I can cross off the list (though since Fi hasn’t picked groomsmen yet, it wont be complete). 

Post # 6
1335 posts
Bumble bee

I have a knot page that I haven’t updated since we first got engaged.  I plan on using another free wedding website instead. I hope to have it officially done by the time we send out our Save-The-Date Cards this winter. *fingers crossed*

Post # 7
762 posts
Busy bee

@Golden139: @JillBill: Hi date twins!! ๐Ÿ™‚

I started mine awhile back, we first had one with The Knot but soon had major issues with it, so I turned to Project Wedding and so far so good ๐Ÿ™‚ It has a long way to go but we aren’t going to send the address out until the invites next June

Post # 8
689 posts
Busy bee

Fiance is working on ours. He’s a programmer and building it from scratch. He’s gotten pretty far on it and hopes to be finished withing the next few weeks.

Post # 9
829 posts
Busy bee

I started a free website with weddingwire.com.  So far I like it!  They have really cool/fun designs, and it’s pretty easy to fill out.  I’m going to have it done by January when, I think, I’ll send the Save-The-Date Cards out.

Post # 11
713 posts
Busy bee

Yikes – I’m behind! I’ve picked out a site to use (Project Wedding) and I think I’ll get to work on it in January. We really won’t be using it until we send our invitations out.

@Firefighter_Bride:

Good to hear that you like Project Wedding! It seems to be a good site. Has it been easy to use?

Post # 12
16 posts
Newbee

I make websites for my day job so our website is set up and adding to it as we get stuff checked off our list! ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 13
511 posts
Busy bee

I run a design studio so designing a wedding website was a total must right after he proposed!

If anyone wants to share their website addresses I love seeing and reading other brides websites! You can PM me your URLs <3

Post # 14
24 posts
Newbee

This is one of the first things I actually started when we got engaged! After much research, I decided to go with http://www.weddingwire.com. you can creat your own domain name (www.weddingwire.com/your name here), personailze the wallpaper, upload a playlist to set the wedding mood, and post a slide show (in addition to the traditional information about the big day, accommodations,and registries.) If you haven’t looked into it already, check it out! I would LOVE to show you my personal website but would prefer not to put it out there publicly (it’s a labor of love and we want to keep it some what private) so PM me if you’d like to take a look! Happy planning bees ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 15
51 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2011 - Blossom Heath

We have one it’s been up and running for almost a year. We sent out the address with the Save-the-Dates in Feb. I decided to do everything on the website: http://www.ourweddingday.com the only problem I have with it is that the song starts over whenever you click on a tab. It has just about everything but the hotel information for the Out of Town guest.

Although I have heard great things about weddingwire as well.

You are welcome to take a look if you like…

http://lizandrodney.ourweddingday.com

Post # 16
178 posts
Blushing bee

I’m pretty much done ours! i used mywedding.com it was so easy

mywedding.com/ericandangelaforever

The topic ‘August 2011 websites’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors