posted 7 years ago in August 2012
Post # 4
4803 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

Awww so sweet that you were highschool sweethearts πŸ™‚

Here’s my info:

1. When is your wedding date? August 24, 2012
  2. How old are you and your partner?Right now I am 27 and he is 26, when we get married I will be 28 and he will be 27
  3. What do you and your partner do for a living?I am a middle school teacher and Fiance is a butcher
  4. What’s your engagement date and story?We got engaged on May 7, 2011.  Fiance took me to a cabin in the woods for the weekend and proposed after a hike near a waterfall.
  5. What is your wedding’s theme/colors/style?We’re doing a destination wedding in Maui so our theme is vintage Hawaii.  Our main colours are white and coral but there will be pops of other random tropical colours too.
  6. How many guests are you planning for? We’re expecting 30-40 guests just from talking to people but we’ll have to wait for the official count until the invites go out. 
  7. Is there anything else you want to tell us?When we get married we will have been dating for about five years.

Post # 6
1664 posts
Bumble bee

1. When is your wedding date?   August 4th 2012
  2. How old are you and your partner?   We are both 25… Fiance will turn 26 a month before our wedding, and I will turn 26 a few weeks after the wedding. 
  3. What do you and your partner do for a living? I am a French Immersion teacher and Fiance is a chartered accountant
  4. What’s your engagement date and story? We were engaged in November 2010. I had just returned home from a weekend away with the girls, and Fiance surprised me with a really neat proposal when I walked in the door…. check out the full story here
  5. What is your wedding’s theme/colors/style?We are planning on having royal blue as the main colour with sunshine yellow and white as the accents. We also plan to do a photography theme… a photo guest book, old photos of when we were kids at each table.. old wedding photos of our parents, and little disposable cameras at each table. We would like the feel for our wedding to be classy, fun and fresh. 
  6. How many guests are you planning for? We are planning for 200 guests, although will probably end up having about 160. 
  7. Is there anything else you want to tell us? We started dating when we were 16 years old. When we get married we will have been dating almost a decade. 

Post # 7
4676 posts
Honey bee

When is your wedding date?
     August 25, 2012
How old are you and your partner?
      I am 28, 29 at the time of the wedding; he is 27, 28 at time of wedding
What do you and your partner do for a living?
     I am a pharmacy tech, but am planning to go back to get my teching licence.  He is a controls engineer
What’s your engagement date and story?
    July 22-ish 2011. He asked me while we were taking a weekend vacation at a nearby tourist spot.  We celebrated by taking a late night roller coaster ride!
What is your wedding’s theme/colors/style?
     I’m planning a rustic chic like theme… ( a lot of burlap and wood) Our colors are a cranberry red, teal/aqua and grey
How many guests are you planning for?
     100-130
Is there anything else you want to tell us?
     We met a yaer before we became engaged online.  I thought he was sort of nerdy, but thought I would give him a shot… I’m glad  I did because he is the best man I’ve ever known.  

Post # 8
2402 posts
Buzzing bee

When is your wedding date? August 24, 2012

How old are you and your partner? I’m 25, he’s 27. At our wedding, Fiance will be 28 and I will be turning 26 a couple weeks after.

What do you and your partner do for a living? I work as a nursing assistant and will be graduating from nursing school this May. Fiance is a finance manager.

What’s your engagement date and story? December 24, 2009. He hid my ring in mistletoe and proposed under there, while we were opening presents. πŸ™‚

What is your wedding’s theme/colors/style? Our main color is purple (more of a dark purple/plum) and we’re accenting it with silver and white/ivory.

How many guests are you planning for? We’re inviting around 145.

Is there anything else you want to tell us? We’ve been together for over 6 years now. When we get married, we’ll have been together for almost 7 years πŸ™‚

Post # 9
    149 posts
    Blushing bee

When is your wedding date? August 11, 2012

How old are you and your partner? I’m 24 and he’s 23. On our wedding day, I’ll be 25.

What do you and your partner do for a living? I’m a Human Resources Coordinator and fiance is a Financial Consultant

What’s your engagement date and story? July 31, 2010. We were at the beach that we used to visit when we first started dating looking for shells. He said he found a good shell, and when I turned around he was on his knee with my ring!!!

What is your wedding’s theme/colors/style? Our wedding colors are coral, beige, and ivory- likely with eggplant accents (the colors in a sunset). We want a romantic, fun feel. No theme.

How many guest are you planning for? Somewhere between 100 and 125, inviting about 150.

Is there anything else you want to tell us? My fiance and I are high school sweethearts, and our wedding day marks 8 years that we’ve been together!

Post # 10
    1934 posts
    Buzzing bee

When is your wedding date: August 4, 2012

How old are you and your partner: I’m 30 and he’s 27

What do you and your partner do for a living: I’m an interior designer and he’s a mechanic

What’s your engagement date and story: Dec 20, 2010. He had planned on proposing on Christmas, but once he got the ring, he couldn’t wait!  I got home from work, and he proposed right there when I was trying to get dinner ready haha (we are both terrible at surprises!)

What is your wedding’s theme/colors/style: cobalt/hot pink and very modern.  We’re incorporating ampersands and hexagons, as our nickname for one another is “bee”, unrelated to weddingbee πŸ™‚

How many guests are you planning for: 150.

Is there anything else you want to tell us?: My Fiance and I met in high school.  He was a freshman when I was a senior.  He totally had a schoolboy crush on me, and while I found him to be adorable and sweet…I was still a senior, with a senior attitude.  πŸ™‚ We met back up 12 years later, and only dated 2 months before he proposed – we just knew it was right!

Post # 11
    6 posts
    Newbee

1. When is your wedding date? 8-18-12
    2. How old are you and your partner? I am 24, Scott is 25.
    3. What do you and your partner do for a living? I am an event manager, Scott works in agriculture
    4. What’s your engagement date and story? We were on vacation in St.Louis  on August 14th, Scott proposed EARLY sunday morning under the arch
    5. What is your wedding’s theme/colors/style? We wanted to do Slate and Magenta, but the color matching proved to be very hard. We are doing dark grey and dark pink now.
    6. How many guests are you planning for? 300

Post # 12
    3 posts
    Wannabee

I’m new on wedding bee so I figured this would be a good way to introduce myself!

When is your wedding date? August 4th 2012

How old are you and your partner? I’m 36 and he’s 38….we will each be a year old by the wedding.

What do you and your partner do for a living? I am a stay at home mom to our 3 kids and he is in the mining industry.

What’s your engagement date and story? May 11th 2011. We went out for dinner to celebrate our 19th anniversary a few days early, before he went back to work. After dinner we went down to the beach with a bottle of wine, a couple glasses and a blanket….he came under the blankets to cuddle with me and next thing I know there was a diamond ring in my face….and he told me how much he loved me and wanted to spend the rest of our lives together, and asked me to marry him!

What is your wedding’s theme/colors/style? Natural, organic, rustic theme. Lots of wood, burlap, cream, white, beige, with random pops of color.

How many guests are you planning for? 200 ish

Is there anything else you want to tell us? We have been together since high school and have 3 kids ….we thought it would be a great way to celebrate our 20th year together by getting married!

Post # 13
    383 posts
    Helper bee

Hey Ladies!!!!

When is your wedding date? August 4, 2012

How old are you and your partner? Right now we are 24, we’ll be 25 on our wedding day.

What do you and your partner do for a living? I am a cost analyst for DoD. Fiance is a systems engineer/govt contractor.

What’s your engagement date and story? We got engaged on April 10, 2011. Fiance told me we were doing a photoshoot for our alma mater’s school paper on couples that met in college and are together and doing well. We got to the last location of the shoot and I was greeted by 30+ family members and friends! So beautiful πŸ™‚

What is your wedding’s theme/colors/style? My theme is ethereal. I am using really soft colors, light pink, soft oranges, peaches, ivories, and gold accents. Want it to feel like a party on a pretty cloud.

How many guests are you planning for? 400-500…I’m African so our weddings are typically HUGE.

Post # 14
    2786 posts
    Sugar bee

Ooooh fun! Love it!

When is your wedding date? August 25, 2012

How old are you and your partner? I’ll be 26 and Fiance will be 30 on our wedding day

What do you and your partner do for a living? I work in public relations/FI owns his own business

What’s your engagement date and story? January 23, 2011…he took me to our old university after a huge snow storm at about 9am on a Sunday…no one else was around, and he proposed in the exact spot where we had our first kiss πŸ™‚

What is your wedding’s theme/colors/style? I have no theme, really…our colours are ivory/grey and dark purple

How many guests are you planning for? 60

It sounds like everyone has great plans and ideas….happy planning, ladies!

Post # 15
    2216 posts
    Buzzing bee

When is your wedding date? August 11, 2012

How old are you and your partner? I’m 26 and he’s 29.  I will be 27 on our wedding day; he’ll still be 29.

What do you and your partner do for a living? We both work in Information Technology. 

What’s your engagement date and story? October 24, 2010.  It was an unusually warm day in October (I was in shorts) and the Cleveland Browns had actually won a game (FI loves the Browns), so Fiance thought it would be a good day to propose. 

What is your wedding’s theme/colors/style?  I don’t really have a theme, but my colors are dark purple, charcoal grey, and hints of green.

How many guests are you planning for? 150

Post # 16
    609 posts
    Busy bee

Here goes…

1. When is your wedding date? August 4, 2012
    2. How old are you and your partner? We are both 29 and born exactly five days a part.
    3. What do you and your partner do for a living? I work for a PR firm managing HR and Fed. government contracts/certifications. Fiance works in banking.
    4. What’s your engagement date and story? My bday. He wined and dined me, then popped the question after our server set my cake on fire. It was a sweet and memorable moment.
    5. What is your wedding’s theme/colors/style? We are having a semi-formal city wedding. I want the style to be whimsical, romantice, and stylish. My main colors are mauve, soft shades of pink and peach, antique gold and navy. There will be a few other accent colors to give depth and pop.
    6. How many guests are you planning for? We are expecting 140-160 guests.

The topic ‘August 2012 – About You!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors