Post # 47
328 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

Lots of date twins! 

1. August 4 2012

2. I’m 25 and Fiance is 27

3. Software sales and Fiance does odd jobands he’s still a student

4. Engaged August 5 2009. He proposed in the Starbucks we had our first date in!

5. We are doing a French Romance theme.mwe are going to Paris on our honeymoon, Fiance speaks French and we are getting married in a castle inspired by French architecture.

Colors are soft pink, ivory and gold.

6. Inviting 200. Prob have 150-175

7. I’m a seriobud bargain hunter and very detail oriented. I can prob help bees out finding deals.

Post # 48
195 posts
Blushing bee

I love reading all the replies!  Here goes…

1. When is your wedding date? Friday, August 10, 2012
  2. How old are you and your partner?  I’m 42 & he is 40
  3. What do you and your partner do for a living?  I’m currently switching careers and going back to school to get my RN/BSN.  He works in waste management
  4. What’s your engagement date and story?  We were high school sweethearts who re-connected 25 years later.  We just knew when we first started dating again that this was IT. After dating for a year, he asked me to marry him at the end of February.  We had a custom ring made, which I received on May 13th after he got down on one knee to “officially” ask me.
  5. What is your wedding’s theme/colors/style?  No theme, no colors, no “style”.  Just simple & elegant
  6. How many guests are you planning for? About 25 to 50 people. Although, so far we’ve only received 2 “no” responses.  We’re hoping to keep it under 50, budget-wise.  But if more than 50 respond “yes”, yikes!!!
  7. Is there anything else you want to tell us?  Since we’re former high school sweethearts, we have LOTS of mutual friends on Facebook.  Because we’re trying to keep the wedding small, we haven’t announced our engagement or wedding on Facebook because we don’t want to hurt anyone’s feelings about not being invited.  We just can’t have a wedding with hundreds of guests.  All of our close family and friends (and those invited) know about the wedding and we’ve asked them not to mention it on FB.  It’s killing me not to be able to post status updates about the wedding on FB.  I think that’s why I’m so addicted to the Bees.  I can’t talk wedding non-stop!!! Laughing

Post # 49
195 posts
Blushing bee

@ALee17 – Hi Date Twin! No only are we date twins, but you’re a nurse and I’m currently in nursing school.  Cool πŸ™‚  Enjoy Barcelona!

Post # 50
569 posts
Busy bee

When is your wedding date? 24th of August, 2012 – excited to see I have date twins, hi!

How old are you and your partner? I’m 31, he’s 37.

What do you and your partner do for a living? I am a freelance writer and editor. He works for a publishing company and also tour-manages a folk singer.

What’s your engagement date and story? He proposed on our two-year anniversary. He wanted to go for a picnic but it rained so he got down on one knee at home. I knew it was coming because he’d been dropping a lot of hints (including proposing in his sleep, which was too cute).

What is your wedding’s theme/colors/style? Purple, red, blush pink and ivory (purple is the main colour, so purple bridesmaids’ dresses, ties, etc)

How many guests are you planning for? We have all our RSVPs back and we’ve got 110 guests!

Is there anything else you want to tell us? We had mutual friends for 15 years before we met and somehow kept missing each other. I’d even seen his band live without realising I was watching my future husband. We got together because of friends who happen to be wedding photographers (and are obviously photographing our wedding now) who we’d both known for over a decade. Also, I changed my dress A WEEK AGO because of a problem with the original shop! I’m very happy (I got my deposit back, and found a cheaper dress that I like more) but I never expected to be buying my dress this close to the wedding!

@Sopranokis: have you thought of making a friendslist only of wedding guests and posting updates just visible for them? That way you can update without offending people who aren’t invited.

Post # 51
195 posts
Blushing bee

@Moomin – what a great story!  I’ll bet you two look back and say “how did we miss each other all those times?”  Wow!  Thanks for the advice on FB lists.  I never knew you could do that (not technically savvy on FB functions). 

Post # 52
569 posts
Busy bee

@sopranokris:  the funny thing is everyone is trying to take credit for us meeting now when they didn’t introduce us for years…

Post # 53
144 posts
Blushing bee

1. When is your wedding date? August 11, 2012
  2. How old are you and your partner? I am 26 and he is 29!
  3. What do you and your partner do for a living? I am a student and he is in the military
  4. What’s your engagement date and story? We got engaged on October 31, 2010, on the eve of our 2 year anniversary. He proposed in our bedroom of our first apartment together πŸ™‚
  5. What is your wedding’s theme/colors/style? Our theme is romance and fairy tale. The colors are pink and ivory. 
  6. How many guests are you planning for? 85, although we invited almost 150!
  7. Is there anything else you want to tell us? I’m American and my fiance is British. We met when we were both in the military. I left the military 2 years ago and moved back to England to be with my fiance, and our wedding is here too!

Post # 54
157 posts
Blushing bee

When is your wedding date?

August 4, 2012 (but we are actually having another, very small, legal wedding on July 7, 2012).

How old are you and your partner?

I’m 31, and my fiancé, Tim, is 39.

What do you and your partner do for a living?

I’m an attorney. My fiancé is a football/soccer journalist

What’s your engagement date and story?

August 4, 2012 in Paris, France. Tim proposed on the Eiffel Tower while we were on vacation in Paris. It was very romantic.

What is your wedding’s theme/colors/style?

We are going for whimsical elegance πŸ˜› and our color is violet.

How many guests are you planning for?

About 120

Is there anything else you want to tell us?

I’m American, and my fiancé is English, but we both live in Spain. We are having a morning brunch wedding in Austin, Texas  but our “real” wedding is in Madrid, Spain.

Fun fact: There is a woman with my exact same name getting married on the same date as me (I found out on a registry search site). It was crazy!

Post # 55
82 posts
Worker bee

• When is your wedding date?  August 23, 2012  

• How old are you and your partner?  I am 37 (will be 38 by the wedding)and my husband to be is 35

• What do you and your partner do for a living?  I am a computer Engineer and he is a file clerk for an arcitect

• What’s your engagement date and story? May 2011…. he never planned it, sitting in a bar and he just popped the question!! Was amazing

• What is your wedding’s theme/colors/style?  traditional Irish wedding, Green and Gold… Celtic all the way

• How many guests are you planning for?  150

• Is there anything else you want to tell us?   We are just goin bck to tradition and we can’t wait….so excited about my canadian family coming too….

Post # 56
1863 posts
Buzzing bee

1. When is your wedding date? – August 11, 2012

2. How old are you and your partner? – When we get married, we’ll be 23 (me) and 27 (him).  Our birthdays are just under a week apart in July

3. What do you and your partner do for a living? – We both work with a campus ministry (that’s how we met).  I’m an office manager and he’s an associate campus minister.

4. Engagement Date and Story – April 19, 2012.  We had gone to a TobyMac concert and afterwards, he asked if I wanted to go on an adventure.  Behind the church was a gazebo and we went out there and danced.  We had talked about getting married for a little while by then, so when he asked if I was still ok with the direction we were going in, I said “Definitely!  I’m getting excited for when it’s time for us to actually start planning it and not just dreaming about it.”  He grinned and said “Me too.  So excited that I don’t want to wait anymore!”  Before I knew what was happening, he was down on one knee with the ring!  So very happy!

5. Wedding theme and colors – we don’t have an “official” theme, but my decorations are turning out to be a little more countryish.   Colors are herbal green, light orange and pink.

6. About 230-240 (both of us have large extended families πŸ™‚ )

Post # 57
561 posts
Busy bee

1. When is your wedding date? August 12, 2012
  2. How old are you and your partner? I’m 26 (nearly 27) and he is 27 
  3. What do you and your partner do for a living? I am a grad student/teaching assistant getting my PhD in experimental psychology and he is a manager for a web developing company.
  4. What’s your engagement date and story?  We got engaged on August 1, 2010 overlooking Lake Champlain.  
  5. What is your wedding’s theme/colors/style?  We are getting married next to the lake at a private house.  We are having a very small, outdoor event.  Colors are tiffany blue with some bright yellow here and there. 
  6. How many guests are you planning for? Just 20 at the wedding itself but 100ish at an after party picnic in my hometown. 
  7. Is there anything else you want to tell us?  I am currently looking for cute umbrellas incase it decides to downpour on us πŸ™‚ 

Post # 59
1570 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

• When is your wedding date? Sunday August 26, 2012
  • How old are you and your partner? 24, Both will be 25 at our wedding.
  • What do you and your partner do for a living?  He is a physician resident at a local hospital, I work part time with an Immigration consultant and a full-time student.
  • What’s your engagement date and story?  We got engaged on his bday (our one year is two weeks) We met two years before our engagement and were friends that evolved to something else. πŸ™‚
  • What is your wedding’s theme/colors/style? Yellow, grey and ivory with gold accents. We are having a pretty traditional wedding, trying to combine classic and whimsical accents together. 
  • How many guests are you planning for?  500-520.
  • Is there anything else you want to tell us?  IM SO NERVOUS!!

The topic ‘August 2012 – About You!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors