(Closed) August 2012 brides colors?

posted 9 years ago in August 2012
Post # 31
184 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

@MsPanda: ivory and silver with black accents . ok not especially summery i know but i loved it and the sparkles will look great in the sun (god willing)

Post # 32
383 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

My colors are peaches, blush pinks, ivory, tans, and gold accents! I’m so excitedddddddddd

Post # 33
92 posts
Worker bee

Gold, Champagne, and Ivory =)

Post # 35
88 posts
Worker bee

Our colors are purple, silver, maybe with turquoise accents…but definitely purple, silver and white

Post # 37
184 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

View original reply
@MsPanda:no they sound fun and vibrant mine sound dull in comparrison i wanted more colour but H2B has a dream in his head of a simplistic black and white wedding lol even silver was a push

Post # 38
4802 posts
Honey bee

My main colour is coral but I will be combining it with light turquoise, hot pink, yellows, and whites!  Here’s my board to understand what I mean:

Post # 40
6 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2012

Espresso brown, burnt orange, and deep purple; yay fall!!!

Post # 41
198 posts
Blushing bee

navy, apple green, and white! 

Post # 42
76 posts
Worker bee

We’re getting married outside, so we didn’t want anything ovwewhelming.  Sticking with black, white, gray… and then decorating inside with a lot of light and mirror accents. 

Post # 43
54 posts
Worker bee

View original reply
@MrsChipperD: *like*

I STILL don’t know what we’re doing for color and we’re less than a year out. I think we are going to stick with the anti-color palette. We are in need of serious COLOR assistance!!

We have considered so many color palattes that we cannot make a decision! Primarily the colors will be incorporated into fabric elements including bridesmaid dresses, linens, decor and the men’s ties. Here below is what we are working with; if anyone can offer expert advice (or just has an opinion!) I would love to hear from you!

• Outdoor August wedding in the Pacific Northwest, so likely will not be blazing hot like other areas of the country
  • Ceremony and reception are both at an organic herb farm; setting will be a large grassy expanse surrounded by evergreen trees
  • Floral is all white with native foliage and wildflowers speckled throughout
  • My gown is ivory & champagne
  • Event will run from late afternoon until late night
  • Their will be metallic decor elements added in gold, silver and copper (mostly for the reception when it is darker out)
  • Backyard garden 1930s vintagesque aesthetic

Here are our strong contenders:

1. The Anti-Palette: Using whites, beiges and other neutrals to let the flowers ‘pop’ against the natural beauty of the forest we will be surrounded by.
  2. The Greens: (my favorite color is green) Using soft sagey-fern type greens and again, allowing the flowers to be the star.
  3. The Greens 2.0: Same greens but also adding soft browns such as “latte”
  4. The Greens 2.5: Same greens with purples mixed in (the mister’s favorite color is purple)
  5. The Vintage Pastels: Using muted colors such as a pale dusty rose, natural buttery yellow, cornflower blue, pale peachy, lavender, etc…

Half of my maids don’t care because we all love the dress they will wear. Some are begging me to avoid the anti-palette of neutrals because they think it will not compliment their complexions.
                                     What do you think?

Thanks!!
Post # 44
84 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

View original reply
@MademoiselleL: i love the look of your colors! how’d you create that board?! i feel it would be very helpful to see all my ideas in one place and how they mesh. help!!

Post # 45
1664 posts
Bumble bee

royal blue and bright yellow 🙂 this is one of my inspiration photos: 

The topic ‘August 2012 brides colors?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors