(Closed) August 2012 brides colors?

posted 10 years ago in August 2012
Post # 46
87 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

View original reply
@RainStorm:  Haha I’m also blue and purple! 

Cobalt blue definitely (BM dresses bought) with possibly cadbury purple, fucia pink and/or ivory.

Post # 47
198 posts
Blushing bee

navy, green, and white (not sure if it counts as 3 colors if one of them is white, haha)

here’s the first inspiration board i fell in love with ๐Ÿ™‚

Navy & Green

Post # 48
180 posts
Blushing bee

Working in this range:

Brown bridesmaid dresses… Ivory dress with me… Not sure what to put the guys in. Charcoal gray?

Post # 49
1002 posts
Bumble bee

We are doing fuchsia, yellow and white ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 50
775 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

My colors are pink with a hint of green. I loved pink and my Fiance lovesss green (hes a Notre Dame fan), so we are incorporating those two into it. 

Post # 51
62 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2012 - Now Jade Riviera, Puerto Morelos Mexico

well, i wanted my BMs to wear all the same dress but different shades of coral and hot pink…but couldn’t find the right shades ANYWHERE!!! (and i work at David’s Bridal – and we don’t have the colors i was looking for). so then i was thinking maybe i would pick one shade of coral-y pink and everyone could pick their own dresses….

but this whole color scheme was based on being able to have bright blue/turquoise/purple orchids.

NOW…we are doing a destination wedding and i don’t believe the flowers i wanted are available there. so i’ll probably have to go with pink flowers and then maybe we will do a turquoise-ish color for the BMs dresses. and most recently i realized that we have a color called “jade” at David’s Bridal…and the resort we are getting married at is Now Jade Riviera Cancun… so maybe that. is that too cheesy??? …i do like that color though…so it’s not just the name of it. lol

Post # 52
305 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@jacinda10: Sounds similar to what im doing and we are date twins!! =)

Do you know where you are going to get peonies? They are my favorite flower, but from what ive heard really expensive in august =(

Post # 53
305 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@soon2beMrsMills:

have you checked j crew? they have the most amazing coral color! 

Post # 54
305 posts
Helper bee

Here is one of the inspiration boards im going off of….

Post # 55
2491 posts
Buzzing bee

I’m stuck between 2 palettes–navy with pinks/peaches/nudes, or purple/grey. Here are 2 mosaic tiles I threw together:

Do you ladies have a preference? Here are my venues, just in case that sways someone:

Post # 56
248 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

We are going with Tiffany Blue and dark orange (almost like a rust)… incorporating some ivory in with some natural tones… it’s going to make sense, I swear ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 57
18 posts
Newbee

Pink and Grey for me! Originally went with pink and navy…but it was starting to look like a baby shower with all the pink and blue. Very happy with the switch now!

Post # 58
3501 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2002

ivory golds, blush pinks and navy accents!

Post # 59
3501 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
@jacinda10: im not a date twin but a month twin – and a theme twin!

classic vintage with champagnes, golds and blush. i want peonies SO bad. but every florist ive met with said that theyre so hard to get in august and out of season ๐Ÿ™ ive been told that theyll be really expensive and not a guarantee for good quality that late in the summer.

have you found any other flowers similar besides the garden rose?!

Post # 60
3501 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
@_Krystal_:

im not a date twin but a month twin – and a theme twin!

classic vintage with champagnes, golds and blush. i want peonies SO bad. but every florist ive met with said that theyre so hard to get in august and out of season ๐Ÿ™ ive been told that theyll be really expensive and not a guarantee for good quality that late in the summer.

have you found any other flowers similar besides the garden rose?!

The topic ‘August 2012 brides colors?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors