Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

I love blue hydrangeas! 

pastedGraphic.pdf

Post # 18
4652 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

We will be having Gerber Daisy’s and green hydranga!

Post # 19
106 posts
Blushing bee

Well Hey girls! So I am new to the August boards! My date is 8-11-2012! I am so excited! I feel like I got a HUGE jump start on everything. I however am not using flowers. We are going to go with feathers.. black on top of that 🙂

Post # 21
95 posts
Worker bee

I also love peonies and will have to incorporate similair or silks if I want the look. I feel I know so little about other flowers, I need good inspiration photos.

Post # 22
47 posts
Newbee

Originally I wanted these crazy pink gloriosa lilies, which are sooo me: 

But I fell in love with this simple, all-white and beaded bouquet of stephanotis, which goes perfectly with the dress:

The lilies are about 3-5 dollars a stem, which are a bit pricey if I want them as Bridesmaid or Best Man bouquets, but maybe they can be smaller? Maybe add some other flowers to make them fuller. My friend asked about the availability of the stephanotis and she said they ARE available so I’m quite happy about that. Hoping to get the bouquet under a hundred. 

Post # 23
54 posts
Worker bee

View original reply
@gelaiy: I love stephanotis! I found some bisque porcelin decor elements incorporating them *swoon*

Post # 24
415 posts
Helper bee

I’m doing peonies. 

I found a peony farm that has told me that he has cut buds and refrigerated them for up to 90 days before, and they still open beautifully. 

He has a bunch of peonies that bloom in mid-late July, so he’s cutting them for me then, and keeping them in a fridge.  

Best part?  $1.00 a stem for PEONIES.  I’m getting 400. haha. 

Post # 25
72 posts
Worker bee

Met with my amazing florist! here are the flowers we’re using… Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses will be black, main accent color is yellow but i wanted to throw in splashes of ‘sunset’ colors so I brought him a color palette for inspiration:

and this is what he came up with (not arranged, just grabbed the flowers he will be using)

and my bouquet I wanted something more subtle:

LOVE them! and I think the colors will def POP against the black dresses which is exactly what I want 🙂 yay for flowers!!

Post # 26
180 posts
Blushing bee

I want to DIY some fabric flowers… But I might bend for seasonals. If so, I want sunflowers and baby’s breath!

The topic ‘August 2012 brides – flowers?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors