(Closed) August 2012 Brides – Honeymoon Ideas?

posted 7 years ago in August 2012
Post # 3
4653 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

We can not figure out what we want to do either. I have a fear of being on a plane so that crosses ALOT off our list we are either going to stay close to home and do all the “tourist” things we never have time to do and just have fun being together or do a cruise.

Post # 4
72 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

We are also trying to figure out where we want to go! Our first option was costa rica… but then we found out august is their rainy season, and to be in a rain forest during their rainy season doesnt sound too appealing! what time of year did you visit there?

I think we may end up doing a secrets or sandals all-inclusive, and just purchasing travelers insurance. Our other option right now is a mediterranean cruise, but the only reason we are deciding against that is because it would be so busy and we kinda just want to relax on the beach with a drink.

I never realized what a tough decision it would be to plan a honeymoon around this time of year! I’m sure it will all work out and we’ll have fun no matter where we go 🙂

Post # 5
149 posts
Blushing bee

Hawaii for us! We always wanted to do St. Lucia until we discovered August was peak hurricane season!

PLUS- August is Hawaii’s slow season- so you’ll be able to snag lower rates and avoid crowds!

Post # 7
4653 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

@StephyD216: I did not know that thanks for that info will look into it!

Post # 8
1690 posts
Bumble bee

@Silverblade:

i agree and we were thinking about Hawaii,  then a cruise,  and for the reasons you point out,  we didnt book it.  we are going to Las Vegas.  not my first choice i must admit,  but i am sure it will be ok

Post # 9
258 posts
Helper bee

We’re going to try to go to Turks and Caicos but it may end up being to expensive :o( We’ve alread decided to postpone the honeymoon a month because it’s cheaper, and my Maid/Matron of Honor is gettig married in September. We’ll see what happens, hopefully T&C works out because the Beaches resort looks amazing!

Post # 10
3344 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

If you want Mexico, stick to the west coast.  We went to Puerto Vallarta for our honeymoon and Cabo for our anniversary and it was sunny and hot!

Post # 11
1002 posts
Bumble bee

We are doing our honeymoon in November instead of right after the wedding. We want to go to an all inclusive, so we would like to go when the weather is crappy here! Not sure where we are going to go. It’s always been my dream to go to a Sandals resort (I’m leaning towards St. Lucia), but nothing is set in stone. We are just going to take a few days holiday after the wedding, probably at the resort we are getting married at.

Post # 12
2084 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 1993

I think we are going to Canada for a few days, then on to somewhere hot – maybe Bali? I love the idea of Bora Bora too.

Post # 13
126 posts
Blushing bee

I agree about Costa Rica. The rains are not all what people think. They are warm and come in the late afternoons. They don’t seem to get in anyone’s way! We loved it there. Found this awesome All Inclusive. they were so helpful. They answered 100 questions and made it all very easy. The place was like a dream and had everything we both wanted. <3

[link removed]

Have an incredible time wherever you go!

Post # 14
3173 posts
Sugar bee

I think we are going on a cruise or to las vegas. i’m not sure yet. he keeps changing his mind

Post # 16
1690 posts
Bumble bee

@mandy102:

if you go to Las Vegas let me know…..i will be there for 12 days from the 14th!   we could have a coffee…..

The topic ‘August 2012 Brides – Honeymoon Ideas?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors