(Closed) August 2012 Brides What are you doing over the next month?!

posted 6 years ago in August 2012
Post # 3
55 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

@kim14410:

Hmm… Getting around to finding a DJ and ordering the bridesmaid dresses… πŸ™‚

Post # 5
4676 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

Hopefully naling down an officiant! Finish sending out my STD’s and starting invites.  (and I get to pick up my dress later this week from the bridal shop!!!) 

Post # 6
77 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

Ordering my dress, booking a photographer and the music for the ceremony and reception! 

I agree- there’s tons to do!  You’ll feel relieved when the Save the Dates are out!  

Post # 7
181 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

menu tasting and booking our bachlorette vacation lol

Post # 9
6 posts
Newbee

Well, I am in the same boat with sending out save the dates πŸ™‚ We all ready have our DJ…actually still need to make guest list to send out STD’s lol and when we get our tax return we will be looking for ceremony and reception places…depending on what the reception covers will decide as to what else we will be buying πŸ™‚ My dress is all ready bought and I will just need to find a good trusting cleaner πŸ™‚ Photographers are done and I have one bridesmaid dress…3 left to go…have all my accessories except for my shoes and possibly the bridal bra thing? I am going to try to be as DIY as I can be…thinking of doing my own fake flower bouquet…but making satin or another cloth type flower. Found directions on this site I think!! Happy wedding planning you guys πŸ™‚

Post # 12
929 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2012 - Sunset Harbour

Just ordered my bridesmaids dresses! Next on the list is taking care of our registry while Fiance is off from school. 

Post # 13
1934 posts
Buzzing bee

SO much to do!!

We’ve got some DIY stuff to catch up on, but the big stuff is:

1. finalize guest list

2. get all addresses

3. send out std’s

4. bridesmaid dresses!

Post # 15
66 posts
Worker bee

In the next coming months I have to send out my Save-The-Date Cards, they have been mailed and should be arriving tomorrow actually! My bridesmaid’s dresses have started to trickle in slowly, 3 out of 6 have their dresses already! I will be ordering my invitations this weekend! My wedding dress should be in in April! Hmm…I already have my DJ and officiant, venue, photographer, caterer (which the venue provides), a baker for my cake, and booked the hairdresser. I really need to find a make-up artist, and need to finalize music choices and such. I can’t do my favors until early Summer and i really need to find my guys’ tuxes! Happy planning ladies! πŸ™‚

Post # 16
2493 posts
Buzzing bee

I feel like we’re so behind in the game. So far we have only booked:

• Ceremony venue/deposit
  • Reception venue/deposit (also talked to coordinator about new dance floor–she’s waiving the fee, and only charging for the put up/tear down which is a measley $30)
  • Linens – part of our package, but have to decide closer to our date
  • Catering – also part of our package to be decided upon
  • DJ
  • Sent out Save-The-Date Cards with our Christmas cards
  • Bought my dress
  • Invites/RSVPs – designed

Next week (weather permitting), I’ll be getting together with my girls to go bridesmaid dress shopping..
And, right now we’re waiting to hear back from a few photographers. We’re narrowed our search down to our top 3, so now we want to meet with each of them to see more samples,and talk budget. I guess to see who we jive with the best, too. :]

The topic ‘August 2012 Brides What are you doing over the next month?!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors