(Closed) August 2012 Brides What are you doing over the next month?!

posted 9 years ago in August 2012
Post # 17
2402 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

Biggest things we have left are:

-Ordering invitations

-Purchasing wedding bands (we’re ordering through bluenile.com, so we’re not really in a huge rush. I already have mine picked out)

-Picking out the BM’s dresses (going end of January)

-Researching/booking honeymoon

Post # 18
4674 posts
Honey bee

View original reply
@kim14410: I was stuck and stressed out about this for a very long time… I looked on Wedding wire.com and found a few people, but eventually my aunt got wind of our officiant problems and suggested two people.  We are having scheduling problems with the first one..  but I’m still going to ry to hook up with her, if she doesn’t work out I’ll check out the second.  

Post # 19
1238 posts
Bumble bee

Feeling on top of everything (sorry, I know some of you will hate me!)

Sent our save-the-dates in Christmas cards, so hopefully will get wind of who’s really interested in coming over the next little while. That will help us confirm guest list, and invites will be going out end of April, since our OOTs need to book accomm. by June 1st to get discounted rate.

Between now and April I’ll be focused on organizing and throwing our fundraiser dance event in March, and finishing school. I don’t think I’ll have time to start any DIY projects until spring anyway. So now it’s just being patient and dreaming… 🙂

Post # 20
4801 posts
Honey bee

For me it will be looking for bm dresses and booking my Hawaii trip!

Post # 21
813 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 1969

we need to pick our bridesmaid dresses, do our tasting and try to figure out what my fi and the groomsmen will be wearing! i have most of the big stuff booked finally!

Post # 22
2082 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 1993

We’re in a slightly different position as we live in the UK but are getting married in the US. We sent out our Save-The-Date Cards about 6 months ago and will be sending the invites in a few weeks. Fiance has designed them and we just need to get them printed. As I’m planning from afar, 99% of the ‘big’ things are done.

That being said, when I looked at the Knot checklist I nearly had a heart attack! There are so many little things that just wouldnt occur to me! I think this list is pretty comprehensive:

• Give Notice – done, as above. Save-The-Date Cards sent, invites about to go 

• Choose wedding party – done (3BMs, 1 GMM)

• Organise ceremony venue – done, visited, booked

• Dress – bought, have it. Alterations not yet done.

• Suits – Fiance has his, Groomsmen, not yet

• Bridesmaids dresses – bought, they all have them

• Flower girl dresses – n/a

• Underwear – bought

• Shoes – bought, may need to get them dyed…

• Jewellery and accessories – will get in August, but chosen

• Flowers – still trying to sort out. Having a brooch bouquet

• Rings – bought, have them.

• Invitations – as above

• Order of service – Fiance will do

• Hymns and readings (and people to read them) – readings selected, people not picked

• Officiant – booked, met, discussed with her

• Photogrpaher – booked, met discussed her with

• Hair and make up – had trials, booked

• Transport – done, booked

• Confetti – not done – not sure if having

• Reception venue – sorted, visited, booked

• Catering – sorted, menu picked

• Accommodation – sorted and booked

• DJ – n/a, we are having a band, but booked

• Songs list including first dance – done

• Table decorations – current bane of my life, not done

• Room decorations – work in progress

• Favours – done

• Cake – sorted

• Speeches – I presume these are in hand!

• Thank you gifts – not yet, have no clue

• Transport for guests – in progress, but provisionally booked

• First night hotel – done

• Honeymoon – in progress, a bit has been booked

But, there are literally a million details yet to be sorted. Argh. I know it may seem from the list that I’m vaguely organised, because of the long-distanceness of it, I feel quite out of the loop.

Post # 23
3081 posts
Sugar bee

This is making me panic but will hopefully help me get my butt in gear! We need to:

– Find/Book officiant

– Figure out bridesmaid dresses

– Truly finalize guest list (we are stuck on 6 that we have to add but don’t have room) and send out Save-The-Date Cards

– Finish last piece of honeymoon 

Post # 24
3081 posts
Sugar bee

O yea, and figure out what the guys are wearing. 

Post # 25
15 posts
Newbee

We’re trying to get in touch with the minister to start planning the ceremony and looking for a DJ. Hopefully we’ll get around to the Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses soon but I’m not worried about doing it this month.

Post # 26
1190 posts
Bumble bee

This month we are trying to find Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses and possibly start our registry.

I have also started thinking about and pricing paper for the invites

Post # 27
786 posts
Busy bee

• Like the Trend seems to be this month with the rest of you girls..  I want to find and hopefully choose the Bridesmaid dresses this month.  Me and my Maid/Matron of Honor already saw a couple we liked but not everyone likes them though.  So we are going down to the States on the 14th to go shopping *fingers crossed*

• I already sent my Save-The-Date Cards last month so maybe I might start buying materials for my DIY invitations..

• Start looking at what Tuxes the Groomsmen are going to wear.  I saw one I liked but I didn’t get to find out how much it was.

• I already started booking some parts of the Honeymoon..  I’m keeping an eye out for deals/discounts.

• Give my Dad a bunch of songs to listen to so he can work on choosing the Father/Daughter dance.  Gives him something to do 😉  (While he is looking at speech ideas).

The topic ‘August 2012 Brides What are you doing over the next month?!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors