Post # 1
Hey August 2012 bees!
Just over 7 months to go! (Depending on your date). How are things going with you so far? Updates??
So what did you accomplish last month for wedding planning?
What did you want to get done off your “to do” list for this month?
Last month I..
- Picked out and ordered my bridesmaid dresses.. Just one out of town bridesmaid has to get measured and call in their order.
- Bought my guest book picture frame.
- Gave my Dad a bunch of songs to listen to for the Father/Daughter dance to choose.. I think he likes 2..
- Ordered more invitation samples.. I am still struggling the DIY vs having it pre-made route.
- Started getting ideas for the rehearsal dinner.. It seems complicated already..
- Looked around at tux ideas.. Know which store I am going to use and what colors and style the groomsmen are wearing.. Just haven’t booked it yet.
- Starting to look at invitation wording.. It’s tricky.
- Booked one accommodation and one interisland plane ticket for our honeymoon so far..
Next month I am going to..
- Go to a menu tasting at our venue with both sets of parents and Dear Fiance.. I have an idea of what I would pick but I want their opinions too.
- Go to the hotel near our venue and talk to them about blocking a set of rooms for us and the details for our Out of Town guests.
- Call the dance studio to look into the beginner lessons package Dear Fiance gave me as a present and see what’s involved. See if we have to start soon.
- Go to the spa I am thinking of taking the bridesmaids/mothers to before the wedding for a spa treatment.. A way to say thank you and spend some time together. See what it’s like and the costs.
- Look up sample vow ideas.. If we want to write our own? Start getting ceremony ideas..
- Work on the rehearsal dinner idea.. and see what day will work possibly and who should come.. Argh.
- Try and figure out the invitation thing.. I am not motivated by that though for some reason since I’m picky.. Double argh.
- Look at different activities/things to do on our honeymoon..
Good luck everyone!
Post # 3
eck! I just realized that it is February!
* booking an officiant… (we are talking with a relitive or step relative on my aunts… but between her busty schedule and my Fiance being out of the state most of the winter we’ve been having a hard time hooking up… she said the last week of Feb was fine for her, so hopefully my FI’s work doesn’t extend his trip!)
*working on invites… (I am DIYing. Invites on linen fabric which is mostly preped for printing on. Now onto the pocket folds and finanlizing the wording and design)
*I am diying it up this month! My Fiance is in NC until the end of the month… So I am going to try to keep myself busy! I found cute purses at DSW on clearance to glam up for my Jr BM’s and Flower Girl. I have shoe clips to make, banners, kids activity books and I’m sure I will come up with more!
Post # 4
-having a tasting at our venue!
-meeting with our decor/flower people together to figure out our “look”
-going shoe shopping with the bridesmaids
-meeting with an invitation company here in my town
I think that is all I can think of for now!
Post # 6
everything that we have left i wish to get done before feburary is over!
– get our invite wording decided & send it to our designers
– book the videographer we fell in love with before someone else snatches him for our date!
– make a stop into heimes habadashery where the men are getting their suits from to figure out what the next step is.. measurements, pricing etc for our groomsmen. colors picked tho!
– decide which company we want to rent our linens from
– finally figure out who we would like to use for cakes! i cant bear to go to any more tastings, i wish id find someone already and just be like “YES! WE NEED YOU!”
– shoes for my dress
&& really thats all there is left! eeeep!
Post # 7
-Ordered and received my invites
-Started solidifying my decor and DIY plans and started shopping around for supplies for escort cards, centerpieces, table numbers, etc.
-Picked up my dress (today!)
-Started shopping for (and ordered a few) bridesmaid gifts
-Started browsing for registry items
-More shopping for decor and DIY materials, get started on some of the projects (probably the escort cards and card box first)
-Call bakery to get things rolling with the cake plans
-Work on building the wedding website
-Contact hotels to inquire about blocking some guest rooms
-Start collecting guest addresses for the invitations
-Make second deposit to venue (that one’s no fun…)
–Pester Fiance about menswear plans (whoops, how’d that one get in there…)
Post # 8
This month we have/will:
– booked our florist (just signed our contract yesterday!!)
– choose our cake design/and baker (we are getting 2 quotes and proposal from 2 different bakers)
– go shopping with my ladies to choose and order their dresses
– we meeting with our venue to food tasting and choose our menu
– once the menu is confirmed, I will finalize the RSVP cards (our invitations are ready, I just need to order them from the designer with the RSVP cards)
– finish working on our wedding website
– my dress was suppose to come in in January but it’s not here yet . Hopefully it will come in in the next week or so. 1) I want to try it on again and 2) I’ll need to pay the balance.
Post # 9
This thread just made me sick! lol! I’ve realized how much I still need to get done 🙁
Post # 10
This month we are finishing up the catering. All the rental items are booked. Talking with the florist this month. Trying to find a good tailor in this tiny town of mine to alter my dress.
Post # 11
I’m pretty much all planned!! I’m so surprised I’m so on top of things. All of our vendors are booked and deposits paid.
This month I have to figure out invite/program/place card designs and order them and we have our cake tasting on 2/11. I also need to schedule a hair trial now that I have my veil and headband.
We have pre cana next month and I need to get all my church documents in order.
Post # 12
I understand how you feel…. I went through the “sickness” lol in Dec and Jan. You can only do one thing at a time
If it’s getting bad, maybe ask Fiance, or some close friends to help.
For me, the hardest is anything to do with the invitations, guest list, etc. That’s hard work!!! In close 2nd is the website because I have to translate everything since our wedding is bilingual. But, only one thing at a time, it will get done.
Post # 13
- Wedding: August 2012 - Iowa
I feel on top of things till I read this, lol. Last month I started some DIY projects, 2 chalkboards from old windows, one will be “Our Love Story”, not sure on the 2nd one, possibly bar list or on the Guest Book Table. Also made super cute ball jar mugs with chalkboard paint on the front of each so we can write our wedding party’s names on them. <3 them.
I am designing my own invites and have a design started that I’m fairly sure i’ll be using… so just need to finish those 100% and then start ordering supplies to put them together, will probably hold off on that till March. I also need to design our programs, a thank you card/mad lib card for each seating, and labels for our jam favors.
I am going on a 2nd trip looking for bridesmaids dresses on Sunday – having a hard time picking a dress!
Also have to decide on linens for the tables… have a company I’ve contacted so need to meet and decide on colors, etc./put a deposit down.
And then from there, just lots more DIY projects! Shoes & jewelry & gifts for bridal party.
Post # 14
Yep, I think I will enlist the help of others. With my surgery taking place in Jan. I really lost some ground. I’m working on a plan to take control of everything left to do. One thing at a time 🙂
Post # 15
We’ve done a lot already, but I’m trying to keep things simple. So this month we are:
-paying for the church (though it is already reserved)
-working on centerpieces
-buying a money/card box
Bridesmaid fitting is scheduled for March 3rd, even though I have the dress already picked out. They just have to try on and find out their size 🙂
Post # 16
- Doing the DIY components of our centerpieces
- Figuring out how many mason jars we have/still need
- Deciding if we want to buy wedding insurance and doing it if so
- Booking our rehearsal dinner
- Doing the prep for our DIY invitations (making the pocketfolds)
- Buying shoes (assuming my dress comes in)
- Buying our rings or at least picking them out
- Booking the final night of our honeymoon that we don’t have booked yet
- Making our DIY door hangers
Yea, that’s the plan anyway. My excuse when I don’t get it done is that it’s a short month 🙂