(Closed) August 2012 Brides – What’s on your to-do list this month?

posted 8 years ago in August 2012
Post # 17
36 posts
Newbee

Last month I feel like we got so much of the major stuff out of the way!

– Chose invitation design.

– Decided upon a caterer, worked out details.

– Decided upon a photographer, worked out details.

– Went to the tailor to get measured for my custom dress, yay!

– Created our registries

– Finally got the permit for our venue!

This month we will:

– Make deposits for caterer and photographer.

– Recieve proof from printer of our invitation design, and hopefully have them done by the end of the month!

– Order more of the decor for the reception.

I guess that we’re kind of going to have a lull in doing stuff after putting in a lot of work in January and December! I am getting so excited now that all the major decisions (read: major stresses) are out of the way!

Post # 18
1664 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

last month I

Picked up my dress (yayyyy) 

finalized invitations (just haven’t printed them off yet) 

ordered bridesmaid dresses

paid deposit on a limo 

Discussed vision with florist (gave us a great deal since he’s a family friend)

Discussed vision with decorator and paid deposit

Finished our wedding website

bought a crap load of things on Etsy (inviation stamp, photo props, guestbook materials, ring holder, personalized silverware etc) .. haha Fiance always sneaks a peek and asks… what are you buying now ….

This month I have or plan on

Found my shoes last night! 

meeting with the cake person next week

want to start collecting addresses for invitaiton

want to start working on memory table numbers that I have envisioned

taking dance lessons 🙂 We took one 5 lesson session before Christmas, and we’re going to do another one this month. So fun!

I know there’s probably more.. but I feel pretty on the ball at this point! There are friends of mine getting married before me who don’t have half of what I have done.. so all in all, I’m pretty relaxed with everything. 

Post # 19
190 posts
Blushing bee

Since I wanted to make sure I got exactly the vendors I wanted I booked EVERYTHING major within the first 2 months of being engaged. Because of this we have been very stagnent since November.

• We have to book our honeymoon. We know what we want but just haven’t made it happen.
  • We need to pick our menu. Since we are from Chicago but getting married in the mountains in Colorado we don’t really get a tasting. We do get a complimentary meal when we visit in April
  • Decide if we are going with my crazy DIY tear – I’ve been stuck in bed for a week with a concussion with a ton free time. I’ve made our guest book (mad lib cards), table numbers and programs
  • I’m sure there is other stuff we need to get done but I don’t know where to start!

Post # 20
31 posts
Newbee

It was a stellar day!  I picked out my wedding dress this morning after a painless bridal store experience and then later found my shoes at TJ Maxx $40.  Navy blue wedges (easier to walk during the outside ceremony!)

Still need to:  Confirm the officient and book; finalize invitations, selecrt musicians for cerenony.  I feel like I am on a wedding role!  May it continue!

Post # 21
2402 posts
Buzzing bee

So excited, we booked our honeymoon to St. Lucia last night!! We’re going for 7 nights 8 days and staying at the Sandals Grande resort.

Now that the honeymoon is booked, next up is booking a florist (I have an appt next week to meet with one). I thought I wanted silk flowers, but changed my mind. Then we need to pick out a flower girl dress, order wedding bands, figure out tuxes for Fiance and the groomsmen, and figure out what I want to do for centerpieces.

After we book a florist, everything else is pretty much done, it’s just the little stuff now.

Post # 22
82 posts
Worker bee

I realised today that I have 6months to go and ordered my invites… and sat thinking all day at work what I still had to do! flowers, my information from my church to be sent… and kept thinking I’m missing something…. just hoping it will all come together 

Think I am going to make all the calls on saturday to confirm the caterer, club, mes outfits…. oh it is all coming fast…Oh the rings and city hall… oh boy… CHECKLIST!!

Post # 23
550 posts
Busy bee

We booked the officiant last week.  Next up is makeup artist and I’m about to start ordering samples for the invites I want to (gulp) design. We priced out rings two weeks ago and will be back after we get our tax refunds to put the deposits down.

I want to start working on our music selections and ask Fiance what he plans on wearing!

Post # 25
679 posts
Busy bee

For March:

– I have ordered the invitations yesterday. Woooo!

– The last of my 5 bridesmaids has chosen her dress.  All bridesmaids dresses = ORDERED.

– We are finalizing our registries next weekend.

– I am working on our website.

– Choosing suits/tuxes for guys.

Post # 26
4674 posts
Honey bee

For march:

Finish invitations! ~ probably going to print the main invite later this week

Get suits ordered

DIY’s- frames to paint, glasses to color, kids activity books

start dieting again!  Im afraid that I gained back all the weight that I lost! 

Post # 27
123 posts
Blushing bee

For March my big tasks were to order the tuxes and invitations. Tuxes are done, now I’m just working on nailing down my wedding timeline so I can get the invites ordered with right times on them!

I don’t use the knot for much, but I do like the checklist they have. I have been following it to the letter so hopefully I am not forgetting anything!

Post # 28
2402 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
@SouthernCJ:  I use The Knot just for their checklist, too! It seems the most comprehensive. I have a wedding binder at home that I used to keep my contracts and ideas in, but it seems like the checklist in it is missing a lot.

Post # 29
2402 posts
Buzzing bee

This month I am:

-Calling bridal salon about tuxes and get Fiance and groomsmen fitted.

-Make sure I have collected everyone’s address.

-Look for flower girl dress and sash.

-Work on addressing invitations (I’m doing this all by hand, UGH, I don’t know what I was thinking..)

-Going to menu tasting at our venue.

I’m sure I’m forgetting more to do… but this is what I can think of right now. I’m not sure how much I’ll get done, though. Between work and nursing school, I have been really busy. I graduate in 2 months, so my focus is more on school right now.

Post # 30
8880 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

I got a lot done this last month. Everything is pretty much done, just have to wait for things to come in. Our flowers won’t arrive until July but other than that our centerpieces are done.

We ordered chair covers for the church. Bridesmaids are taken care of. Bought our invitations, just need to print and send 🙂

Post # 31
87 posts
Worker bee

By the end of March I want to have:

Sent out invites – done!!

Booked a photographer – we’re in final conversations with one.

Booked hair -almost complete

At least start looking at menus, florist, decorations and cake

Lose some weight so I can fit in to my dress, eek!!!

The topic ‘August 2012 Brides – What’s on your to-do list this month?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors