Post # 17
Last month I feel like we got so much of the major stuff out of the way!
– Chose invitation design.
– Decided upon a caterer, worked out details.
– Decided upon a photographer, worked out details.
– Went to the tailor to get measured for my custom dress, yay!
– Created our registries
– Finally got the permit for our venue!
This month we will:
– Make deposits for caterer and photographer.
– Recieve proof from printer of our invitation design, and hopefully have them done by the end of the month!
– Order more of the decor for the reception.
I guess that we’re kind of going to have a lull in doing stuff after putting in a lot of work in January and December! I am getting so excited now that all the major decisions (read: major stresses) are out of the way!
Post # 18
last month I :
Picked up my dress (yayyyy)
finalized invitations (just haven’t printed them off yet)
ordered bridesmaid dresses
paid deposit on a limo
Discussed vision with florist (gave us a great deal since he’s a family friend)
Discussed vision with decorator and paid deposit
Finished our wedding website
bought a crap load of things on Etsy (inviation stamp, photo props, guestbook materials, ring holder, personalized silverware etc) .. haha Fiance always sneaks a peek and asks… what are you buying now ….
This month I have or plan on :
Found my shoes last night!
meeting with the cake person next week
want to start collecting addresses for invitaiton
want to start working on memory table numbers that I have envisioned
taking dance lessons 🙂 We took one 5 lesson session before Christmas, and we’re going to do another one this month. So fun!
I know there’s probably more.. but I feel pretty on the ball at this point! There are friends of mine getting married before me who don’t have half of what I have done.. so all in all, I’m pretty relaxed with everything.
Post # 19
Since I wanted to make sure I got exactly the vendors I wanted I booked EVERYTHING major within the first 2 months of being engaged. Because of this we have been very stagnent since November.
- We have to book our honeymoon. We know what we want but just haven’t made it happen.
- We need to pick our menu. Since we are from Chicago but getting married in the mountains in Colorado we don’t really get a tasting. We do get a complimentary meal when we visit in April
- Decide if we are going with my crazy DIY tear – I’ve been stuck in bed for a week with a concussion with a ton free time. I’ve made our guest book (mad lib cards), table numbers and programs
- I’m sure there is other stuff we need to get done but I don’t know where to start!
Post # 20
It was a stellar day! I picked out my wedding dress this morning after a painless bridal store experience and then later found my shoes at TJ Maxx $40. Navy blue wedges (easier to walk during the outside ceremony!)
Still need to: Confirm the officient and book; finalize invitations, selecrt musicians for cerenony. I feel like I am on a wedding role! May it continue!
Post # 21
So excited, we booked our honeymoon to St. Lucia last night!! We’re going for 7 nights 8 days and staying at the Sandals Grande resort.
Now that the honeymoon is booked, next up is booking a florist (I have an appt next week to meet with one). I thought I wanted silk flowers, but changed my mind. Then we need to pick out a flower girl dress, order wedding bands, figure out tuxes for Fiance and the groomsmen, and figure out what I want to do for centerpieces.
After we book a florist, everything else is pretty much done, it’s just the little stuff now.
Post # 22
I realised today that I have 6months to go and ordered my invites… and sat thinking all day at work what I still had to do! flowers, my information from my church to be sent… and kept thinking I’m missing something…. just hoping it will all come together
Think I am going to make all the calls on saturday to confirm the caterer, club, mes outfits…. oh it is all coming fast…Oh the rings and city hall… oh boy… CHECKLIST!!
Post # 23
We booked the officiant last week. Next up is makeup artist and I’m about to start ordering samples for the invites I want to (gulp) design. We priced out rings two weeks ago and will be back after we get our tax refunds to put the deposits down.
I want to start working on our music selections and ask Fiance what he plans on wearing!
Post # 24
Last month was a good month for me..
- Went to the menu tasting at our venue and wasn’t totally impressed with the new chef unfortunately.. The food was decent but no “wow” factor. I’ll have to see what happens, something to keep an eye out..
- We started dance lessons! Did our first lesson and have 12 more to go lol.
- Reserved the groomsmen’s tuxes finally. They need to go in and get fitted.
- Reserved a block of rooms at the hotel near our venue so that’s done.. We get the meeting room for free so we are thinking of maybe having an after party there.
- Been talking to a limo company, will probably put a deposit down soon.
- E-mailed the invitation wording I came up with to the Mothers and they didn’t totally like what I made.. So still working on it..
- Bought my garter from Etsy, just need to pick it up from the post office.
- Booked the car rentals for our honeymoon
This month I am going to..
- Going to figure out my invitations and order them.. Going to use someone to make them for me so I am trying to figure out exactly how I want them to look.
- Then figure out my invitation wording since the place needs to know it so they can print them. So invitations are my #1 thing this month.
- Go for a cookie tasting since I think that’s what we will do for favors.
- My dress came in! But if I want to use the alteration services of my wedding store I have to do my first fitting within 2 weeks? Seems odd but oh well..So I am going next week to pay it off and get fitted..
- I think the honeymoon is planned now, just need to keep an eye on the prices and hopefully book the hotels/plane tickets soon.. The prices aren’t in my favor right now still though..
- I think we are going to do the “wine box ceremony” during our ceremony so I am looking at buying it vs DIY..
Post # 25
– I have ordered the invitations yesterday. Woooo!
– The last of my 5 bridesmaids has chosen her dress. All bridesmaids dresses = ORDERED.
– We are finalizing our registries next weekend.
– I am working on our website.
– Choosing suits/tuxes for guys.
Post # 26
Finish invitations! ~ probably going to print the main invite later this week
Get suits ordered
DIY’s- frames to paint, glasses to color, kids activity books
start dieting again! Im afraid that I gained back all the weight that I lost!
Post # 27
For March my big tasks were to order the tuxes and invitations. Tuxes are done, now I’m just working on nailing down my wedding timeline so I can get the invites ordered with right times on them!
I don’t use the knot for much, but I do like the checklist they have. I have been following it to the letter so hopefully I am not forgetting anything!
Post # 28
@SouthernCJ: I use The Knot just for their checklist, too! It seems the most comprehensive. I have a wedding binder at home that I used to keep my contracts and ideas in, but it seems like the checklist in it is missing a lot.
Post # 29
This month I am:
-Calling bridal salon about tuxes and get Fiance and groomsmen fitted.
-Make sure I have collected everyone’s address.
-Look for flower girl dress and sash.
-Work on addressing invitations (I’m doing this all by hand, UGH, I don’t know what I was thinking..)
-Going to menu tasting at our venue.
I’m sure I’m forgetting more to do… but this is what I can think of right now. I’m not sure how much I’ll get done, though. Between work and nursing school, I have been really busy. I graduate in 2 months, so my focus is more on school right now.
Post # 30
I got a lot done this last month. Everything is pretty much done, just have to wait for things to come in. Our flowers won’t arrive until July but other than that our centerpieces are done.
We ordered chair covers for the church. Bridesmaids are taken care of. Bought our invitations, just need to print and send 🙂
Post # 31
By the end of March I want to have:
Sent out invites – done!!
Booked a photographer – we’re in final conversations with one.
Booked hair -almost complete
At least start looking at menus, florist, decorations and cake
Lose some weight so I can fit in to my dress, eek!!!