(Closed) August 2012 Mamas Part II

posted 6 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 3
988 posts
Busy bee

Wow, we already have a part 2 πŸ™‚  Thanks FutureMrsMcKI see what you were saying about the black space on the ultrasounds (I was able to load the thread with photos last night), I guess you are right!  The twin thing definitely throws a kink in my “black space = uterus” theory πŸ˜‰  

I’m feeling okay today, tired and heartburn-y as usual.  I never took Tums in my life before getting pregnant, now I think I ought to buy stock in the stuff!  

Post # 4
554 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

@Mrs Sarah McK: Thanks for strarting a new thread! 

I’m feeling tired and blah today too. Have been falling asleep by 8:30pm on the couch and then waking up at 5am. Ugh. I haven’t had much nausea this week (knock on wood) but have noticed that I get full really quickly and feel sick if I eat too much. NOt much else to report here. I’m telling my supervisors tomrorow about the pregnancy so wish me luck! 

Post # 6
1776 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: February 2011

@Mrs Sarah McK:  Yay Part #2!  Also, my due date was changed to Aug 14th at my first ultrasound.  

@orvis18:  Yikes!  Good luck telling work tomorrow.  I’m super nervous about that for some reason….probably because it will make everything so much more real since the majority of my day is spent with my coworkers!  Haha.  I plan to tell some coworkers that I’m close with next Tuesday (we have a meeting after school).  Not sure when I’m going to go “public” with it at work, though!

Overall, I’ve been feeling MUCH better this week.  I feel like I’m slowly getting my energy back, which is fantastic because I was getting sick of being exhausted all the time!  I still haven’t had much for morning sickness, thankfully.  I just feeling yucky if I let my belly get empty, so I’m working on snacking throughout the day to keep that yuckiness away!  Over the weekend, we went out to dinner Fri and Sat, and I had AWFUL bloat both nights…like serious pain, so I’m thinking eating late isn’t a good thing for me.

Oh, and I’m going to try to upload my ultrasound pic again since it didn’t seem to work at the end of the last thread.  Here’s our little nugget at ~8 weeks:

Post # 8
988 posts
Busy bee

@bunnylovesbear:  Awe!  Must be the ultrasound resolution because I see a ressemblance to Baby T πŸ˜‰  Good to hear your energy is coming back, hopefully it won’t be much longer for the rest of us who are still uber-tired.

@Mrs Sarah McK:  That is awesome that you are getting so much walking in!  I’m not so interested in exercising myself.  Because I live in a big city and don’t own a car I am pretty active and walk alot, but I should definitely be doing more…One of these days I’m going to buy a swimsuit so I can swim laps.

Post # 9
494 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

I’ve been having nausea/morning sickness fun since hitting 7 weeks. So far, I’ve thrown up three times. Once was today after being at my professional meeting. I think I may have had too much to eat or waited too long to eat. Either way, it came back up. I used SeaBands for the first time today. They made me feel normalish. I did in fact have a UTI and am taking antibiotics right now. I had a bout of diarrhea on Sunday night. I talked to my doctor and she said that it’s normal. I just have to keep up with yogurt and carbs. My first prenatal appointment is Thursday. I can’t wait to see the heartbeat! I keep praying that the baby’s growing strong with each week.

Post # 10
1776 posts
Buzzing bee

@Mrs Sarah McK: No worries at all.  I’m sure the docs will change the due date throughout the pregnancy.   

@cascadecherub:  Yeah, I totally altered my diet.  It definitely helps.  I’ve been making a bigger effort to eat lots of fruits and yogurt, and I feel it’s making a world of difference!

@chastenet:  πŸ™‚

Post # 11
94 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: January 2011

@Mrs Sarah McK: Thanks for making a new thread!!

I’m loving the U/S pic! My first one at 6.5wks just looked like a blob. We have another one next Tues and I’ll be almost 10.5 wks so I’m hoping to see something a wee bit bigger in there! Anyone else get an u/s around that time? I’m just curious as to what we should expect.

Hope all the Aug mamas are doing well! We are in the homestretch to the 2nd trimester πŸ˜€

Post # 12
1684 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Oh, my god, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches sound SO GOOD right now. *drool*

Excuse me a second….

@ktgee04 – I have my first ultrasound on Friday and I’ll be either 10 or 11 weeks (I think I switch weeks on a Friday). I’m so nervous! Crossing my fingers (and toes) everything is normal and okay and bebe is thriving in there.

Post # 14
1776 posts
Buzzing bee

@ktgee04:  My ultrasound was at the very beginning of my 9th week, and it looked baby-like, so I’d say yours will too!  What’s the purpose of your 2nd ultrasound?  I think every appointment should have an ultrasound…it’s the best part of going to the doc while preggo!  I’m going on Monday, and I’m secretly hoping they send me for another one, but the ultrasound nurse said the next prob wouldn’t be until 18-20 weeks!  πŸ™  That’s soooo far away!

Post # 15
494 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

I just got back from my 8 week appointment. We’ve got a baby in there. Heartbeat looked good. Baby is currently measuring at 8w3d, so my due date still stands. We went over the basics of being pregnant and the testing ahead for me. Husband was pretty entranced with our little raspberry in the sonogram. Only disappointing thing is that my pregnancy will be dealt with my doctor until about 20 weeks. Then, I start seeing the other doctors in the practice because one of them always covers the hospital. Hopefully, I’ll see her in August for the delivery. She’s confident about the pregnancy and wants me to lay low on the fruit juices for sugar content, work out more once I have the energy, and increase my calcium with milk and other sources, no whole milk. I went ahead and bought a Bella Band thing on etsy since I have one pair of pants I can’t seem to wear right now. So, so far, so good. I didn’t get a good glimpse at the heartbeat, but it’s there.

Post # 16
94 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: January 2011

@bunnylovesbear: We aren’t having the u/s at the second appt for any particular reason. The OBGYN office I go to has a portable U/S machine that they use for every appt that is ‘free of charge’ since it’s not as high-tech as say the one you’d use for your 20 wk U/S. You don’t use a tech or anything, the doctor just gels you up quick and takes a look. It’s so nice b/c we can see our lil one at every appt even though it’s not super high resolution picture or anything.

I have googled a few 10 wk u/s and it’s making me so anxious to see what’s happening in there! Hopefully it looks ‘baby-like’ like you guys were saying

@bebefly: @Mrs Sarah McK: PB&J…yuuuum. Just ate lunch but could still TOTALLY go for one right now! It’s one of the few things I still have an appetite for. @Bebefly: Good luck on your appt!!

The topic ‘August 2012 Mamas Part II’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors