(Closed) August 2013 about you

posted 6 years ago in August 2013
Post # 4
3769 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013 - Brookfield Zoo

Fun!!

1. When is your wedding date? – August 17, 2013 – it will also be the 6 year anniversary of our first date! Easy to remember anniversaries this way.. ha!
  2. How old are you and your partner? – I’m 25 and he’s 28
  3. What do you and your partner do for a living? – I’m in marketing (not sales tho let me stress that LoL) in health insurance and he is an engineer for a consulting firm, they mostly do work in the steel industry
  4. What’s your engagement date and story? – We got engaged March 12, 2012!  We went to the Sears/Willis Tower in downtown Chicago and up on the 103rd floor inside one of the see-through booths on the side of the building, he proposed.
  5. What is your wedding’s theme/colors/style? – My overarching theme is “whimsical romantic”, our colors are a light blue and light green, haven’t reeeeally finalized the shades yet.
  6. How many guests are you planning for? – Our reception venue’s max limit is 130, so our guest list is 150 with the assumption that some of our guests will RSVP no (50% are out of towners!)
  7. Is there anything else you want to tell us? – At this point there’s still a LOT to do, we are just waiting to put down a deposit and get our venue finalized!!

Post # 5
3769 posts
Honey bee

@MsPanda:  Your color story sounds so fun!!

Post # 6
4352 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

1. When is your wedding date? – August 17, 2013 – Convienently located 2 weeks after he takes the bar and two weeks before I anticipate grad school starting for me
  2. How old are you and your partner? – I’m 21 and hes 24, but we will be 23 and 25 on our wedding day
  3. What do you and your partner do for a living? – We are both students, I’m in undergrad and he is in law school
  4. What’s your engagement date and story? – We got engaged May 11, 2011. No big story, he proposed in a hotel. I think he wanted to get the ring on my finger before I departed for a 3 month internship, which he barely managed since I got it back from getting it sized within hours of leaving.
  5. What is your wedding’s theme/colors/style? – We are doing red and teal, with a smidgeon of dark pink in the flowers
  6. How many guests are you planning for? – 165-200 people (venue’s max and min). But we have a guest list with 80% Out of Town guests so I have no idea how many will show up. Hopefully all of them πŸ™‚
  7. Is there anything else you want to tell us? – I’m a planner, and I like getting things done ahead of time, so its been difficult to not do things too early.

Post # 7
3769 posts
Honey bee

@asscherlover:  It’s never too early to do things!!  If you have time and the ideas all set though, that’s the problem πŸ˜‰

Post # 8
4352 posts
Honey bee

@elysion:  I’m holding out till may when I graduate. Then I’m gonna start researching some DIY projects.

Post # 10
Hostess
7561 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: January 2013

Oh fun!

• When is your wedding date? August 31, 2013 (It’s a few weeks after our 6 year anniversary @elysion!)
  • How old are you and your partner? Now 24 & 26, by the wedding I’ll be 25 and he’ll be 27. I know it’s weird but I have a thing about not getting married before I’m 25. 
  • What do you and your partner do for a living? I teach English and he works for the US government. We live in South Korea.
  • What’s your engagement date and story? We got engaged on vacation in Bali, Indonesia. We stayed at the Taro Elephant Park Hotel. We were playing with an elephant when I saw the trainer slip it a box. Instead of handing it to me, the elephant tried to eat it! The trainer had to reach into the elephant’s mouth and pull it out. While this was happening, the Fiance snuck up behind me on one knee. The box is toast but thankfully the ring was unharmed! 
  • What is your wedding’s theme/colors/style? We’re going to get married at home so planning from here is a bit difficult. We’re hoping to keep it simple and low stress! I’m really liking the clean, simple look of white and green right now!
  • How many guests are you planning for? Somewhere around 130, we both have large families 
  • Is there anything else you want to tell us? It’s nice to meet everyone!

Post # 11
3769 posts
Honey bee

@AlwaysSunny:  Your engagement story is hilarious, and so cool!!  I also wanted to get married before/by 25, but I have to settle for a year later πŸ˜‰

Post # 12
707 posts
Busy bee

1. When is your wedding date? August 10, 2013 πŸ™‚
  2. How old are you and your partner? I’m 27 and he’s 26…we’ll be 28 and 27 on our wedding day!
  3. What do you and your partner do for a living? I do training and product management at a small software company and he’s an actuarial analyst.
  4. What’s your engagement date and story? We got engaged on December 15, 2011. We both came home from work around the same time and I went out to walk our dog. When I got back I was putting my coat and the leash in our front closet so my back was to Fiance and when I turned around he was on his knee with the ring. It was really special because the diamond in my ring was his grandmother’s and December 15th was her birthday.
  5. What is your wedding’s theme/colors/style? We’re having our ceremony in the courtyard garden of a historic mansion, so I wanted to do kind of an elegant garden party feel. Our colors are navy, gray and peach. Our reception is at an Italian restaurant in an old building downtown that has some cool architecture and kind of the same feel as the ceremony site, so I plan on carrying that through there as well.
  6. How many guests are you planning for? Our guest list is at approximately 165-170 right now, but we’re hoping to have around 150.
  7. Is there anything else you want to tell us? I love wedding planning and am so glad I have you ladies to discuss these things with…and you don’t think I’m crazy for doing it when I have “so much time.”

Post # 13
1855 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

1. When is your wedding date? Aug 3rd 2013
  2. How old are you and your partner? I’m 28 and Fiance is approaching the big 5-0
  3. What do you and your partner do for a living? I’m a corporate attorney and part-time crafter and he’s a policy consultant
  4. What’s your engagement date and story? Feb 11th 2012 and here’s the post about the proposal!  Summary is he took me snowmobiling for the weekend and proposed on a mountain top πŸ™‚
  5. What is your wedding’s theme/colors/style? Rustic romantic jamboree! Colors are antique gold, tarnished silver, and midnight blue
  6. How many guests are you planning for? Who knows, but probably in the 100-150 ballpark.
  7. Is there anything else you want to tell us? The wedding will be a 6 day, 5 night jamboree with a casual, yet pretty, atmosphere.  Tons of games, food, music, and hard cider on tap!

Post # 14
4352 posts
Honey bee

@inspiredcreations:  That sounds fun! Can I come? Lol jk. But seriously, your guests are in for a treat if you do 6 days of events.

Post # 15
1855 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

@asscherlover:  The more, the merrier!  I’m seriously worried about Fiance inviting people in the grocery store, gas station, pharmacy….  He wants to invite the lady that helped him at Verizon, etc.!  Good news is the venue only sleeps 70ish, so extra people are welcome to camp or get rooms at neighboring hotels/cabins.  The ceremony is in a state park, so size constraints aren’t a big issue.  We’re trying to keep it low key and fun πŸ™‚

Post # 16
4352 posts
Honey bee

@inspiredcreations:  Hmmm. I would have to fly out, but I’m pretty sure it would be worth it…

The topic ‘August 2013 about you’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors