(Closed) August 2013- Anyone started getting in shape yet?

posted 6 years ago in August 2013
Post # 3
1855 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Yes!  You should join (if you haven’t already) our running group on DailyMile.  The first challenge was last month and the 2nd one starts today.  Most mileage by Labor Day wins! Here’s the link to the post: 

http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/runner-bees-running-challenge-on-daily-mile

I’m overhauling my diet/fitness regimine, but it has less to do with the wedding and more to do with general health issues.  Like you, I’m already pretty trim, but I would like to eliminate my armpit fat (“boulders” = the fat between your boobs and shoulders) and tone my arms.  Oil-free vegan and regular exercise (jogging/walking and strength training) is the plan, so I’ll be lean but not mean 🙂

Post # 4
11234 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2013

I’d like to tone up in general, so I’m just using the wedding as an excuse because I really hate exercise/sweating. I’m doing this, and I already eat okay.

Post # 5
1071 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

My wedding is in about a year, july 27 2013, and i definitely want to tone up before the wedding! My goal is more to tone up my body and eat healthy than lose a specific number of pounds.  The good news is my Fiance and I are doing this together.  Our plan is to hit the gym a minimum of 3 times a week and eat healthier by eliminating some sugars and carbs.  Try to get your Fiance to partner with you in your quest to get in shape.

Post # 8
1855 posts
Buzzing bee

@Flippy2013:  I highly recommend the oil-free vegan lifestyle.  It’s only been 2 weeks, but I can already feel a change in my body for the better.  I read the book “Engine 2 Diet” since I’m trying to lower my cholesterol (299 before starting = ouch!!!!), and it gives tons of helpful tips for getting all the nutrients you need, recipes, and the science behind why it’s healthier.  I was originally planning on just doing the book’s 28 day program and then seeing how I felt, but I already know I can’t go back to the way I was eating before.  The only thing that has been a challenge has been eating out, but I’ve managed (lots of salads with fruit juice/vinegar!).  I’ve lost a couple pounds, my energy is up, and my spirits are high 🙂

Don’t worry about having an “unfair” advantage in the challenge, btw.  Last month’s winner blew us all out of the water with her mileage; she was in the final weeks leading up to her wedding and was running off the stress!  The real competition was for 2nd place! 

Post # 9
707 posts
Busy bee

I’ve been going to the gym usually 3-4 times week pretty much since we got engaged (almost 7 months ago). I’ve never been overweight, but could definitely stand to tone up. I’ve always just done cardio at the gym, but I added in some strength training a couple months ago and can tell a huge difference. Fiance has been a gym rat as long as I’ve known him (close to 7 years), so it’s nice to have someone to motivate me! I, too, want Michelle Obama arms when I wear my wedding dress!

Post # 10
4653 posts
Honey bee

I need to get in shape but I have have had a hard time finding the motivation…. BUT I am trying to eat better!

Post # 11
750 posts
Busy bee

Yah I started getting in shape about two months ago…and then 1 month ago I stopped lol. You would think that a wedding would be amazing motivation but not for this gal! I don’t need to lose weight but I do need to tone up for sure! I need to hang up some motivating pictures or start rewarding myself or something! Unfortunately I will not go on a diet because I suck at dieting and have a sweet tooth, I’m also a picky eater…it’s a good thing I don’t need to lose weight or I would be screwed! I can’t afford to join a gym so I can only work out from home…but I would really like to hang up some mirrors and section off a little workout area! Any ideas for motivation, fellow August 2013 bees?

Post # 12
1855 posts
Buzzing bee

@kkish3:  Maybe try one of the Jillian Michaels DVD programs.  I did a round of Ripped in 30 and it really toned me up and increased my fitness level.  It’s less than $10 on Amazon and Itunes.

Post # 13
750 posts
Busy bee

@inspiredcreations:  wow that sounds like a good deal! I will look into it, thanks!

Post # 14
3297 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2013 - An amazing non-profit retreat

Going to the gym right now…

Post # 16
3297 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2013 - An amazing non-profit retreat

I’m going to get myself a bike. I’m letting my gym membership run out in August… I’d much rather hop on a bike and go have fun!

The race thing is a great idea, but I cannot stand running.

The topic ‘August 2013- Anyone started getting in shape yet?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors