(Closed) August 2013 babies Part 2!!

posted 7 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 437
1190 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

I had my appointment on Friday and I ask my doctor about traveling long distances in the car. He said that after 32 weeks you should keep long distance travel to a minimum. So we decided to have my baby shower on May 11th so it’s not too far along and I should still be somewhat comfortable sitting in the car for a long. Of time. We will just be making a lot more stops than usual. Everything elf at my appointment went well. The baby’s heartbeat was 136 which is nice and healthy. We also made my anatomy scan appointment for April fifth so we will be able to find out the gender finally. I am very excited to have that appointment. It will be a long 3 weeks! I hope everyone else is doing well and had a good weekend.

I also got s doctors note to get masssges. I have already started looking st places that specialize in pregnancy massage therapy by a rmt. I am looking forward to those appointments. 

Post # 438
626 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

@linz09:  that’s good news about your appt. super exciting you find the gender in 3 weeks!! I wenfirstly first massage appt. oh.my.gosh. Best massage I’ve ever had! The girl was recommended to my husband through his crossfit group so I thought I’d try her as she also does prenatal. It was only $57 for 60 min as she gave us a bit of a discount. She had ice cucumber water, a fruit platter, and some nuts and chocolate in the room for before or after your massage. It was so nice. I had to lay on my side sort of being preggers so she had lots of pillows tO prob under. I seriously want to go like every week. The only thing is, is she’s certified, not registered so I’m not 100% sure my benefits will cover her. At the price she charges if she’s not covered, I’d still go to her and maybe try someone else for my benefit ones.

im super hormonal/emotional today. I feel like my husband never makes me his priority. I’ve been on days off and he’s been working. So I’ve been doing all the household stuff and made him some great dinners. He comes home, eats with me, leaves me all the dishes, sits on his laptop, then the last 2 nights has gone out drinking with friends. Today is our only day off together and he Goes snowboarding. I feel like this is why people get divorced, because they don’t make the spouse a priority and lose touch with each other. I’ve been somewhat nesting these last 2 sets of days off and he never helps with anything. I swapped the bedrooms around so the nursery could be the bigger of the two spares. I move the whole bed all alone with no help while he lays on his laptop. I take all our junk and throw it all in the garage to take to the dump today – no help. I just wish he would realize things like this is really difficult while pregnant, not to mention I’m sure it’s not that great to be moving all these heavy things. He works lots, 6 days / week this month, he has a lot of family stress with his crazy family. I get it, I dont expect much… But a little help would be nice…

ok end hormonal rant πŸ™‚

Post # 439
572 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

@LyndzJM:  I would DIE for a nice massage! Normally, I am like the most ticklish person ever and hate when people just “touch” me, but I have been so achey, my hips hurt so bad, I would loooove to relax and have someone make me feel good. πŸ™‚ I am sorry you are feeling a little disconnected from your husband, I too have been emotional this week. I am starting to get into this panic frame of mind since the halfway point of pregnancy is nearing. Sure, the days seem long, but really 20 weeks have went by? How’d that HAPPEN? REALLY! haha And I haven’t bought a single thing yet for baby.

@linz09:  I understand about the long wait. My Anatomy scan is scheduled for the 27th, so a week from tomorrow, and I have been agonizing/worrying over this wait the entire month. I am so excited/anxious to see the baby again. Have not had an u/s since I was 8w3d and it feels like forever ago. πŸ™ I just want to see them again and know they are ok.

@baletrina:  I am very hopeful to snag the photo. He is my only Grandparent left, and when I was born, about half of them had already passed away, so I grew pretty close to those who were left. The man is literally a saint though, he is so sweet, funny, thoughtful, and still goes out to garden in the spring! It’s like there is no slowing him down even though he has had multiple hip replacements. I can only hope my life is so full when I get up in age!

AFM, I am just waiting for these pesky days to pass until the gender scan next Wednesday, only like a week to go, but I am so excited to start shopping for the baby and getting the house more in order for our little addition. We will be doing a Forest-theme nursery and I have found some really cute ideas to craft/include in the nursery. Soooooo excited though. πŸ™‚

Post # 440
2192 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

@linz09:  We find the gender out on April 5th too!  I am going to ask the tech to write it on a card and seal it in an envelope.  We are not sure if we want to know but are leaning towards not knowing.

@LyndzJM:  I’m sorry!  *hugs*  Hope it helps to tell you that a lot of the dads I know kinda of go on a bender before the baby comes.  Just because they know when the baby is there they won’t be able to.  Have you sat down and talked to him?

Post # 441
626 posts
Busy bee

@hismm:  I have my ultrasound next wed too πŸ™‚ this is my first ultrasound so I’m very excited. Here they don’t tell you the gender at the clinic, you have to make a separate appt with your dr and they read you the results. Now ‘we’ (my husband) is team green. there’s a small ( ok medium sized) part ofe that wants to ask the dr the gender. Im pretty sure my husband can’t make my next dr appt as his work is getting too busy. Would that make me a horrible horrible person? I’m not sure I could hide it from everyone. haha I’ll see him I’ll still mad at him maybe πŸ˜‰

can you guys believe it that we’re rolling up tI the half way point? I’m sure some of us are already there and the rest right behind. I’m already 19w2d that’s crazy talk! I’ve been having some serious back pain these last few days and not sleeping well. I hear the not sleeping well is a hormone thing. This morning I work up at 4. Ugh I had to get up at 5 for work but still! I think my belly doublEd last night! Last week I wore scrub pants that fit well and were comfy. This morning I put the same ones on, started blow drying my hair and had to change they were sooo tight and uncomfy! I pulled out until new scrubs I had stashed away for much later! Yikes!

Post # 442
54 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

@LyndzJM:  I’m sorry about your husband! Mine probably wishes I was more like you… If something bothers me, I’m usually right there to tell him exactly how I feel about it! Mine did go out a lot more when we first found out though… I think it’s hard on them to know that their lives are about to change. He chilled out after about a month of guys nights…. I’m also trying to talk to him more about what the baby is doing. My belly just popped out last week and I started to feel flutters so just mentioning little things here and there about the baby helps him wrap his mind around what’s happening. I know it certainly took me a while and it was MY body that was doing all the changing!

It’s crazy to me that we are almost halfway there! I’m not due till the end of August so I’ll be 18 weeks tomorrow but I feel like time has flown by. The baby definitely had a growth spurt last week because I could NOT keep my eyes open! But it was mostly worth it because that meant my belly started to poke out and I felt kicks! I did have a terrible mommy moment and told the baby to put a pause on the growing because I had three days of national boards and needed to stay awake! It didn’t work though and I definitely passed out with my head on the desk between every single section! Hoping my brain was awake enough to bubble in the correct answers….

Post # 443
540 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

I’m 20 weeks and 4 days today. Just had my 20 week scan. Baby girl looks good. We’ve announced to everyone that it’s a girl, families are happy. I’m in maternity wear now. My hubby says I definately popped within last 2 weeks, he loves my belly and is always taking pictures with his phone, even when I look like a hot mess. Have to lay on my side every morning first just to get out of bed, get tired when I walk up the stairs, and I have a hard time shaving my legs.  Going to need hubby later to shave my legs. I find myself getting tired and big these days, can’t imagine how it will be months from now, yikes.

Post # 444
626 posts
Busy bee

@HappyBride827:  yay for a baby girl!

I had my ultrasound today, the first and probably only one. It was kind of scary! Here the techs are all secretitive, they don’t tell you anything. If you want the gender, your Dr has to tell you at your next appointment. So the tech is not saying anything, she’s sighing, she’s tilting her head, I was so worried. Then she finally says babe isn’t cooperating at all. It was really amazing to see the little baby, what a feeling. Here’s one of the pictures. ( they weren’t that great of pics oh well )

Post # 445
572 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

We are having a baby GIRL! Just found out today and wanted to quickie-update. Bbl!

Post # 446
9053 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2010

@LyndzJM:  They’re pretty tight lipped here too, but that’s one beautiful baby!

@hismm:  Yay!  Congrats on the girl πŸ™‚ 

We had our 20 week scan last week, but are thus far remaining team Green. 

Post # 447
626 posts
Busy bee

@hismm:  yay for a girl! Congrats!

do you guys think I’d be a horrible person if I found out the gender at yay appt next week? Husband cant make it so he wouldn’t know. I wouldn’t tell him. I just dont see why its fair that he doesn’t want to know, I do, but he’s saying I can’t find out either. I wouldn’t tell anyone, it would just be calming to me to know. Horrible idea thaas going to back fire, or something I can get away with?

Post # 448
1090 posts
Bumble bee

@LyndzJM:  Just saw your post and your other board about the gender and just wanted to let you know that my brother and his wife have 2 kids now, and with both pregnancies SHE was the one who didn’t want to know, but HE did, so he found out at the ultrasounds and she didn’t find out until birth. So in their case, it didn’t backfire!  πŸ™‚

Post # 449
626 posts
Busy bee

@cowgirlace:  good to know it can work! I’m worried I’ll let it slip, or I’ll buy stuff and he will see it. I’ll think about it for the weekend and see what happens at my dr appt next week πŸ™‚

Post # 450
9053 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2010

@LyndzJM:  We kinda considered this, because I want to know, but he doesn’t.  But yeah, I can’t be trusted.  I’d slip for sure, or start leaning heavily toward non-gender neutral items for sure.  But if you can do it, that would be a good compromise!

The topic ‘August 2013 babies Part 2!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors