(Closed) August 2013 babies Part 2!!

posted 7 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 452
572 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

I think it shows incredible patience for the parents who want to wait to find out the gender or baby, and I can’t imagine that amazing surprise at delivery and getting to share that joy and excitement but I am the first to admit I would never, ever, ever be able to wait. I am the least patient person ever!

Post # 453
626 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I went to my Dr appt today. I asked her to write down the gender, but she gave me a print out of the ultrasound report. Baby measures exactly on target to the day, so EDD is Aug 11. I wanted to not look, but I had to. I had to know. It’s a girl! I thought from day 1 it was going to be a girl and every single other person said a boy. Seriously no one said a girl except momma. Mommas always know haha. I’m not telling anyone that I know, I’m going to tell my husband that I didn’t look. ( I went and saw him at his work and at that point I hadn’t looked so I told him the truth.) I don’t want to ruine it for him so that’s why I’m not teling anyone except you girls 🙂

Post # 454
1002 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

Hello ladies! I have been mia for almost 3 months now, so I am not caught up with how you lovely mamas to be are doing! The last time I posted, I was telling you all about a 7cm cyst that I had on my ovary, and I was very stressed about that for the sake of my little one. Well, cyst is 4cm now (YAY), and baby is doing wonderfully! We found out on Thursday that we are having a little GIRL! We are so happy and excited!

How are you ladies feeling? I think im still recovering from a terrible first trimester lol, but feeling so much better than I was 6-7 weeks ago!

Post # 455
1002 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

Oh, and of course I have to share a pic of our little girl! She had her hands by her face for the whole ultrasound. At one point it looked like she was putting all her fingers in her mouth lol.

Post # 456
572 posts
Busy bee

@LyndzJM:  congrats on baby girl! Gl with your secret 😉

@FutureMrsTimmins:  congratulations! Our little girl had her hands by her face the whole time aswell! She looked like she was feeding herself by the hand full.

Post # 457
572 posts
Busy bee

Thought I would share a picture of our little one, seeing as all us ladies are getting to share pictures/genders! We have picked out a name for her too – Vivian Elizabeth!

We bought the very first items for baby girl just this week, a couple of cute outfits.

There is her hand infront of her face! Love this one. Sorry if these are huge, it was taking a picture of a picture and trying to edit out the personal info. lol

Post # 458
2192 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

@HappyBride827:  Congrats on your girl!!  I am also in the roll out of bed stage. Definitely feeling a lot bigger and everyday tasks are more difficult.  I cracked up at the shaving your legs thing because I told Darling Husband he will have to tackle hair removal tasks soon or I will have to pay out to go get waxed!

@LyndzJM:  What a cute pic!  

We have our 20 week appointment this Friday.  We are staying team green.  Neither Darling Husband or I are that curious to find out the gender but in DH’s case its probably because he thinks its a boy!  Anyone having pain in their side/belly when they sneeze?  I’m scared I pulled a muscle sneezing.  It hurts when I cough or sneeze.  ANd the sleep trouble has come into full effect.  Being a stomach sleeper there is no way for me to get comfy and all the laying on my left side has given me a pain in my left shoulder. :/  No fun!

Post # 459
9053 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2010

@HappyBride827:  I hear you on the shaving legs.  So far I’ve just kind of neglected to do it as often as I would usually.  We’re actually heading out on a cruise next weekend and thinking about balancing myself in that teeny tiny stall long enough to shave… yikes.

@LyndzJM:  Congrats on the baby girl!  Good luck keeping your secret 🙂

@FutureMrsTimmins:  Another girl!  Congrats to you as well.

@baletrina:  I definitely have to kind of hold my belly if a cough or sneeze is coming, because it pulls.  Hopefully it’s normal…  I’m usually a tummy sleeper as well, so it’s been a tough transition.  i find that spooning holding a pillow in front of my helps take some of the pressure off.  A couple girlfriends swear by the snoogle which would probably lift you up a bit off the shoulder since it’s a taller, harder pillow but I haven’t tried it myself yet.

Post # 460
626 posts
Busy bee

@FutureMrsTimmins:  Love that pic! It’s so cute!!

@hismm:  the 3d pic is so cool, I wish we could have that but you have to go out of town and it’s like $200

@baletrina:  I’m a stomach sleeper too, but I find lately I can’t. I’ve found if I still lay on my ‘stomach’ but sort of stuff a pillow under my tummy ( a flat/soft one ) it’s OK. If i lay on my side, my shoulers get soooooo sore. The massage has helped with that though, but only going every 2 weeks isn’t enough.

So my husband realized I knew what we were having and as soon as he knew I knew, he ran and read the paper. So now I don’t have to hide it from him. He’s really shocked, he was 100% sure it was a boy.

I’ve been having extreme back/butt pain. It feels like a bone has compressed and is compressing a nerve or something. My dr said it’s right in the joint. She suggested trying physio or chiropractor. Sometimes if I step wrong, it hurts so bad that everything goes black and I have to grab something to hold onto. Sometimes it’s fine. It sucks though.

Post # 461
2192 posts
Buzzing bee

@SapphireSun:  I checked out the Snoogle!  Its pretty comical but I love to snuggle with Darling Husband so I use him instead.  Poor guy.  Always has arms and legs thrown over him.  I will probably invest in a few more pillows to shove under my belly and shoulder. The pain in my shoulder was not as bad last night because I had one pillow under my shoulder/tummy and one under my head.  Its a little ridiculous.

@LyndzJM:  Have you thought about getting a support belt?  My sister wore one(which I will gladly take from her, my nephew was born 2 weeks ago :))  for her back.  It was just a strap around the middle but I have seen some other ones online that have a few more crazy looking straps on them.  It may help to relieve the pressure.

Post # 462
626 posts
Busy bee

@baletrina:  my Dr did mention that. She said as the joints get loose it will help hold them in place more. I’ll have to look for one, I’m not sure where to pick it up?

I have to use at least 3 pillows. 1 between the legs, 1 jammed kind of under my belly and to snuggle with and then one under my head and one over my head lol

I can’t stand my husband draping any body part over me now. He usually likes to sleep with one of his legs over me, but I can’t stand it anymore. I get so hot! I can’t imagine what I’m going to be like in a few months and we don’t have AC!

Post # 463
2192 posts
Buzzing bee

@LyndzJM:  I was looking on Amazon for them.  They range in the $25 area.  I am glad someone is using more pillows than me!  I know I will get to the pillow between the knees stage soon too.  Just to survive summer it sounds like a good fan or even a window AC is in your future.  Pregnant and hot and sleep just don’t mesh well.

It is almost 1 am and I am wide awake.  Can you tell I just hit 20 weeks and am now full of energy?  haha.  BTW today is my halfway point in the pregnancy.  Yay!

Post # 464
540 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

aaaw so happy for everyone finding out gender. Seems like most of us are Team Pink, LOL. I have several ultrasound pics, here’s one where baby girl looks like she’s blowing a kiss or someting, LOL!

Post # 466
626 posts
Busy bee

@HappyBride827:  I died over that picture! So frigging cute!! I was thinking the other day, I can’t remember if anyone is having a boy so far! I keep meaning to start a new page and put a roll call on it then we can see who’s having what. Haven’t had time though. ANyone else feel like once you’re pregnant everything seems so much busier??

The topic ‘August 2013 babies Part 2!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors