(Closed) August 2013 babies Part 2!!

posted 7 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 467
1040 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2010

I’m such a slacker when it comes to posting on these boards, my word. (Been spending a lot more time over on Hellobee).

Glad to hear everyone is doing so well! We’re also having a girl (think I mentioned that a while back) – is anyone here having a boy? Pretty estrogen-heavy board we’ve got here!

@LyndzJM:  This is SI joint dysfunction. I’ve had it since about 12 weeks, and its absolutely excruciating. When I go from sitting to standing, etc, I can’t put any weight on my right leg, or else it just gives out. There were a few weeks where it was horrific, and I thought I might need to be put on bed rest. Now that some of the swelling has gone down, its much much better. I really hope your pain eases up soon – its brutal!!! The support bands only made the pain worse for me, but it might help for you. I found mine at the drugstore.

Post # 468
626 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

@redsmarties:  I went to the chiropractor today, I was shocked at how bad it was ( my joint, not the chiro. ) It seems to have helped, I feel more comfortable already, though it’s still quite sore. It feels a lot ‘looser’ or something. Maybe try a chiropractor? He said I shouldn’t need to come back for about 3 weeks to a month. I work tomorrow, so that will be the big test. I feel your pain so I hope you get some relief soon.

Post # 469
1002 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

@hismm:  Thanks! Congrats on your little girl as well πŸ™‚

@SapphireSun:  Thank you!

@LyndzJM:  Thanks πŸ™‚ It’s really amazing how much they change from 12 weeks to 18-20 weeks!

@HappyBride827:  Love that picture! Too cute!

Post # 470
1190 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

Hi ladies! Sorry I have been MIA for the last 2 weeks…

Glad to see you are doing well! There are a lot of team pinks on this board, I however am team blue! We found out yesterday at my appointment. He is growing right on track and everything looks great. We have to go for another US because she couldn`t get a good picture of the entire spine.

My work knew that I was going for my US yesterday and hoping to find out the gender and one of my co-workers bought me a girl and boy outfit to give me! She came into my classroom realized what the baby was (I was wearing blue) and came back in with the corresponding gift. It was so thoughtful!

Post # 471
1040 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2010

@LyndzJM:  I went to a chiro for about 8 weeks. It helped at first, but just made it worse over time. I do have fibromyalgia though, so that’s a complicating factor. I hope your pain goes away soon!

Post # 472
453 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

hello all. glad to hear everyone is doing well.  all the little girls, and a little boy too.  is anyone still team green? of course i knew the sex before 13 weeks because of cvs, and mine’s a girl too.  and we all seem to be feeling the movements.  my fetus is sooo active, and has been for 2+ weeks now.  I’m 23 weeks.  this morning i woke up and looked at my stomach and the right side was visibly higher than the left.  i touched it and it was hard.  it must have balled up in that spot and that must have been a head or butt or body or something. eventually it moved, though.  totally weird.

Post # 473
453 posts
Helper bee

oh, and my boobs are completely bonkers. went from an A to a small C cup.  my body, apparently not realizing my areolas were already plenty large and dark, has decided to make them even larger and darker. the skin on my areolas is terribly flaky no matter what moisturizer or oil i use, or if i use none at all, and flakes are visible in my bra at the end of the day.  my nipples get hard at the slightest provocation and they are a little red on the sides.  and they’ve already started leaking colostrum, just a few drops at any given time.  it’s possible to squeeze them at that time and big fat drops will ooze out. and they hurt.  it’s terrible.

Post # 475
121 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Hi ladies! I haven’t been on in a while. Hope everyone is doing well! My husband and I found out that we are expecting a boy!

Post # 476
540 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

@Kimmy83:  Congrats!

Glad to hear everyone is doing well. I’m 28 weeks this weekend, and entering 3rd Trimester. My belly had gotten bigger and I can even see little waves of movement on my belly, lol. We also had a 3D Ultrasound done today, got to see our little girl, and she seems to resemble daddy. My husband was amazed at pictures, he’s so ready to meet her. 12 more weeks.

Post # 477
626 posts
Busy bee

@HappyBride827:  happy third tri!! Isn’t is crazy seeing your belly move? Mines always bouncing around now! I had a bit of a panov attack, my due date is exactly 3 months awHow’s I love your 3d pictures they’re so clear! 

Im finishing up work at the end of the month. I’m taking 8 weeks of medical leave before I start my maternity leave. It’s getting hard to work my long shifts. I’ve been really sick so I actually haven’t worked in 2 weeks with the way my rotations go. It’s going to be so hard to go back to work tomorrow! The count down is on.

Post # 478
453 posts
Helper bee

Wow, we are the least active birth month.  June, July, September, October, they are all on parts 7 and 12 and 14 and whatnot.  And here we are, still on 2!  How is everyone doing?  Lyndz, I suppose you’re on medical leave already.  Nice to be in Canada.  I plan on working up until 1 week before due date.

I got one of those pillows someone posted earlier.  Used, from Craigslist, for $20.  The Snoogle.  It’s okay.  I can’t sleep on it like she’s shown, with it between the legs, it’s not comfortable.  I just use it as another pillow along my back, and use a separate pillow to prop up my belly, which now feels heavy and wants support.

In other news, my coworker gave us a free crib.  I really wanted this nice crib/dresser/changer 1 piece combination I saw on Amazon for $300.  But this is free, and I suppose I should save money where I can.  It’s the Ikea Gulliver.  As spoiled as it sounds, I’m kind of hoping some critical screws are missing or something and for whatever reason we can’t assemble it and have to buy the one I want.  Like that would be a good excuse to get the one I want, whereas “i just want it” is not a good enough reason.  Still, since this is only the crib, we’ll have to get the dresser/changer still.  And the one that goes with it has open shelves, again not what I wanted, I wanted closed drawers so baby wouldn’t be able to pull stuff down and still wouldn’t just spill out if you bumped it.  Ah well, let me stop whining. 

Post # 479
121 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

@CuriousOne:  hello, the combo sounds like a steal, if if you want it you should get it. My crib alone was $250. 

I will be 28 weeks this Friday! Can’t believe how fast time is flying by! I also have my glucose test this Saturday, not really looking forward to that : /

Does anyone know when the 3rd trimester starts? All my apps say 27 weeks, but everything I read says 28 weeks. 

How is everyone doing?

Post # 480
626 posts
Busy bee

@CuriousOne:  I’m so sad no one talks on here! Hopefully as we’re getting closer the chatter will pick up! I did start medical leave this week. I think physically I could have worked a couple more weeks, but the mental and emotional parts in combination of the long hours and the physical part of nursing was just a bit much. The dr agreed so I’m pretty lucky.

you could always price out what a change table and dresser will cost you. $300 for a combination of the 3 is a really good price and it might not be that more then just getting the 2 extra pieces. 

@Kimmy83:  happy third trimester! I think third technically starts on 28 weeks. From what I heard for some apps is, once you hit say 27w1d it counts that as being 28 weeks and that’s why they’re saying you’re in the third.

i didn’t find the glucose test too bad. The bottle is pretty small, kinda tasted like that McDonald’s orange drink they used to have at soccer games when we were little. I’ve never felt the baby go as crazy as she did after I drank that though, it was pretty funny. I did get wicked heart burn / acid reflux for about 3 days after. It was so bad I had to take some of my leftover prescription pills I had for when I had Norwalk at week 9. ( the pills I had are also used to help indigestion)

im 30’weeks now, feeling pretty good ( I think that’s mostly as I have no work stress anymore.) I’m pretty comfortable with my body, feeling like this is a good stage. Don’t sleep at all though, maybe like 4 hours a night. Though the last 3 days its been about 6-7 so that’s nice. 

Hope everyone else is well!

Post # 481
572 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

@CuriousOne:  Hello, and yes we aren’t very active – it’s a shame! I also have the snoogle, and I feel that it is just ok. I still have some hip and knee pain every morning and it takes up so much room in our queen bed that I feel like there is another person between me and my husband lol. I understand wanting a certain kind of crib, and I also get trying to save money. Just wondering if you price everything out seperately, how much cheaper is it going to be? Would it be worth it to just spend “x extra” dollars and get what you’d like?

@Kimmy83:  I had my glucose test at 26 weeks and I was also pleasantly surprised to say it wasn’t nearly as intolerable as I was led to believe! lol Our OB’s office had a choice for drink flavor; Lemon Lime, Fruit Punch, or Orange. I got the lemon lime and it reminded me of a melted green popsicle sort of? It was sweet, but not as bad as I thought. GL to you!

@LyndzJM:  Glad to see things are going well for you. I am also 30 weeks! Just hit the big 3-0 mark yesterday, and I am anxious to think of how long the next ten weeks will seem. πŸ™‚ I am so excited to meet this little girl! My doctor keeps telling me to sleep and take all the naps that I can, maybe now that you are on leave you will be able to kick it up a notch in the relaxation department!

AFM, Things here seem to be going well. Last appointment I measured a week ahead but they aren’t racing to change my due date or anything yet. I passed my glucose test, got my rhogam shot for having a negative blood type, even had some dental work (not fun) but now it just seems we are waiting things out. I have been a little more tired and sore, and find myself needing Zantac for heartburn that kept me up like hellfire. Since then, I have gotten much better sleep. The baby keeps kicking/hitting/putting pressure on my cervix and that is quite uncomfortable. There are some jabs she throws that just make me “OH!” out loud.

We ordered a lot online and just recently received it. It isn’t out of boxes yet, but we have our crib, baby monitor, breast pump, swing, travel system, changing pad, crib mattress.. I refinished a dresser that we will be using in her room. I used my sewing skills to put together her first baby blanket, and I just need to go over that with a binding. My husband also made her a nerdy baby blanket that he is SO proud of. It did come out quite nice though. He needed a little help working it together but it was very important to him to make something for her. πŸ™‚ Today we went to an aqaurium as a likely last day-trip for us before the baby gets here. It was nice spending time together alone and the weather was lovely.

The topic ‘August 2013 babies Part 2!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors