(Closed) August 2013 babies Part 2!!

posted 7 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 482
572 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

Guess I should add those pictures were from the strip quilt I made for her, husband made her a star wars blanket. lol.

Post # 483
540 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

@Kimmy83:  starts at 28 weeks, happy third trimester!

@hismm:  Same here, measured a week ahead one week, then normal then next two weeks. Beautiful blankets by the way!!!

I’m 31 weeks, baby girl doing karate chop and flips in me, LOL. I’m also suffering from carpel tunnel, doctors said it will go away after giving birth :(.  I can’t do anything now a days, I get tired just cleaning my kitchen. We’ve started on baby’s room, still adding stuff but waiting to buy until after our shower next weekend. Excited.

Post # 484
626 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

@HappyBride827:  I love those curtains with the flower! So pretty!!

Post # 485
121 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Have any of you had your baby shower yet? Were most items purchased off your registry?

Post # 486
540 posts
Busy bee

@Kimmy83:  I did this past weekend. I would say about half of the items were purchased from my registry. It was alot, onesies, lots of clothes, bathtub, chaning table, diaper bag, nursery decor, etc. Here I am at my shower 33 weeks pregnant πŸ™‚ DID ANYONE ELSE HAVE A SHOWER YET?

Post # 487
626 posts
Busy bee

@HappyBride827:  Look at that mountain of gifts behind you!! That’s awesome! You look amazing! My shower is at the end of the month. I didn’t realize it was a long weekend when we picked out the date but it worked well for the family. Lots of people can’t come but I don’t mind, I feel awkward having a shower. I was the same way for my wedding. 

We’re 32 weeks, I can’t belive in 5 weeks we will be full term! It’s exciting. We started prenatal classes last week. It’s 5 weeks, 2 hours once a week. It’s been pretty useful, especially for my husband. He says he’s glad we’re doing them otherwise he’d be a deer in headlights when the time comes. There’s 10 couples in the class and almost everyone is due in Aug so that’s also nice to have people due around the same time. 

Post # 488
572 posts
Busy bee

Here I am at 33 weeks! I have been measuring ahead by 2 weeks consistently and if I continue they want to schedule an ultrasound to get an idea of just how big this little lady is. Can’t wait to see all of our beautiful babies! We are working on the nursery this week. Installers are putting up and finishing walls and we will be ordering carpet. I picked a light light green color for the paint, and we will be accenting with light pink (dresser, curtain..)

I feel a lot of pressure on the top part of my bump, I think that’s where she likes hanging out the most.

We had our labor and delivery tour and we are really happy with our hospital’s layout. The rooms are very spacious. I will be washing her clothes this week or next and thinking about packing a hospital bag.

@HappyBride827:  You look wonderful and it looks like your shower was a hit! Glad you got lots of goodies for the little one. I also loved the pictures of your nursery

Post # 489
540 posts
Busy bee

@hismm:  love your bump picture πŸ™‚

Any other bees have pics?

Post # 490
453 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

hismm, did your husband sew that?  that’s so cool! star wars, teehee.  and your owl blanket is cute too.

happybride, your shower looks wonderful. you must feel so loved. i can’t deny i’m envious of people who get to have real showers.  none of our family is here, so no real shower for me. πŸ™ my coworkers threw me one at work and got me a crib bedding set. other than the used crib a coworker gave to me, i really haven’t gotten anything.  it’s my choice to work out here of course (well, part choice. you go where you can get a job), but sometimes i’m sad we have no support and no real help. we’re just out here on our own.

we put the crib together this weekend. it’s a used ikea crib, so not nearly as lovely as happybride’s and not what i wanted.  i don’t plan on sleeping the baby in the crib right away anyway, so if there’s money after she’s here i might get the one i want.  but i doubt that will happen. we have to buy my mother’s ticket out here, who will come and help us with the baby for a month. and then shortly after will have to pay probably around $1200/month in daycare.  so i should just used the crib i was given and be happy. geez, i’m in such a self-pitying mood today.  everyone is so lucky to have help from others. our parents can’t really do anything, and we even have to pay for their plane ticket.  this is why every day i lean more toward having just 1 child.  i want to be able to not only live comfortably for myself, but to be in a financial position where i can help my child. for that, i need long-term planning, not “let’s just hope it works out.” *momentarily bitter*

Post # 491
453 posts
Helper bee

lyndz, at what week will your class end?  we will go to just a 1 day, 8 hour class the weekend after next.  my husband’s an RN and attended several births when he did his maternity floor clinical, so he feels pretty comfortable. but i’m planning to birth in a birthing center, so it will be different. i’ve ordered hypnobabies to try to prepare myself more for this natural birth.

Post # 492
572 posts
Busy bee

@CuriousOne:  Yes, my husband really wanted to make a star wars blanket for her! lol I had to help him along, but he did most the work himself. Good learning experience for his domestic side! πŸ™‚

I wanted to add, I kind of understand the having to help others thing. If I were to have my mother visit after baby, we would be buying her ticket aswell. She still “owes” us money from before though, so we are really hesitant (she has had over a year to pay us back 350 dollars)  to buy any other extra things right now. I have thought often about this being our only child. I know I can’t say with 100% certainty that is how it will end up after she gets here, but I want to take the responsible approach of being able to provide for her in every way we can, and some days I think it would be less responsible to have more children to care for. (twice the doctors bills, twice the school clothes, twice the toys, twice the college fund, etc) It has been something I am coming to peace with though! We are very excited to meet this little one! πŸ™‚

Post # 493
626 posts
Busy bee

@hismm:  My Dr told me it’s normal to measure =/- 2 weeks, so you’re still in the normal range, though that’s kind of exciting you might get an extra ultrasound. I only had 1 at 20 weeks. I’d love to see this little lady again! Great bump picutre, I love it

@CuriousOne:  That sucks you’re not happy with your crib, but realistically, newborns don’t really seem to sleep in them much anyways.. at least from what my friends tell me. Do you have some nice bedding that you like to spruce it up a little? Maybe further down the road if it still bothers you you can find one on sale that you like. I think maybe as the baby isn’t here that we focus on things like what the nursery looks like and having everything ‘perfect.’ Once they’re here I’m sure we won’t really care what crib they’re sleeping in and if it was used or new or what not. That must be hard for you having to pay for your parents tickets to come see you, I’m sorry πŸ™  I know there’s some days where my hormones and emotions are just out of control ( for 2 days last week all I did was lay in bed and cry.. for absolutely no reason haha ) so that added stress must be hard to cope with. I took myself out for a cheap pedicure to make myself feel a little better.. a little pampering did the trick even though I should have just saved the money.

My prenatal classes will end when I’m 36 weeks. ( July 15 ) I really enjoy them so far. I was surprised, my husband had a friend visiting who is a firefighter/paramedic. Him and his gf are having a baby in Oct. He said that he wasn’t going to go to the prenatal classes as he’s seen lots of live births and had to deal with it lots. My husband was totally telling him how great the classes are and no matter if he’s seen a birth he’s still going to want to know how to support his partner as it’s different. He talked to his friend for a long time saying how much he was getting from them. I was impressed! 

Post # 494
2192 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Hey August mamas!

I’ve been so busy I haven’t been on the Bee!  Hope everyone is doing well and gearing up.  Love seeing the sheets, cribs, etc.  We have nothing yet.  Waiting till our shower in 3 weeks before I go crazy.  I did buy some cloth diapers and we are recovering the glider/ottoman we found on the curb.

Bradley classes every Sunday now.  Writing a birth plan, touring the hospital…  This baby is really coming!

Post # 495
453 posts
Helper bee

lyndz, thank you.  πŸ™‚ yeah, i know the baby doesn’t care. i’m sure she wouldn’t care if i slept her in a large cardboard box with a foam cuout at the bottom! but i care. i’ll get over it though.

baletrina, have fun at your shower.  i already had mine at work, where i got one item, lol. knowing that i wouldn’t really be getting stuff, i’ve been buying slowly since like month 4, so we have almost everything now.  The pack n play that i plan to sleep the baby in at first came yesterday.  So did my hypnobabies course, though I should have started such a thing at least a couple of weeks ago.

Anyone else donating cord blood?  I wanted to, but it hasn’t turned out quite as easy as I thought.  There’s no very local org to do it, so I call this place in North Carolina about their donation program.  I’ve called 3 times, but it seems they just don’t answer their phones.  They’ve called but I’ve missed their call.  I’m ready to call it quits. I’m not really prepared to go out of my way to give someone something.  I’ll be too late in a minute anyway, since they want you to make arrangements by the 34th week, and i’m in my 34th now.

Post # 496
999 posts
Busy bee

@baletrina:  you’re in Chicago, which hospital are you planning to deliver?

The topic ‘August 2013 babies Part 2!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors