(Closed) August 2013 babies Part 2!!

posted 7 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 497
2192 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

@CuriousOne:  I considered cord blood storage but it is so EXPENSIVE!!  We are delaying clamping/cutting until the cord stops pulsing otherwise I would be all for donating it.

What about placenta encapsulation?  Anyone planning on doing that?

@SamanthaLovesJames:  We will be delivering at Prentice i.e. Northwestern.  I tried to get into West Suburban Midwives last week ina moment of panic but they are all booked full for babies in August. 🙁

Post # 498
453 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

@baletrina, i never considered private banking of cord blood either, but wanted to donate. turns out they don’t take blood collected at birth centers. oh well. one less thing i have to worry about.

I am not doing placenta encapsulation.

you’re going to northwestern? i got my broken wrist set there, at least the one downtown.

Post # 499
540 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

@baletrina:  toured hospital…did you just go or do you ask someone to walk you through? I too plan to deliver at Women’s Prentice Northwestwern Memorial.

Post # 500
453 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

you guys, this thread was started half a year ago when we were like 2 months pregnant, lol.  and now our babies are due next month. and this thread is almost 500 posts anyway.  how about starting a new thread?  who has good questions to start off a new thread with?  how about some of these:

• When are you due?
  • Do you have a birth plan? If so, what’s in it?
  • Have you set up a nursery or part of a room for the baby? Got pics?
  • Have you bought or received most of what you need? What’s left to get or set up?
  • What are you most looking forward to?  Is there anything you’re dreading or worried about?

Post # 501
626 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

New board started 🙂

The topic ‘August 2013 babies Part 2!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors