I’m so late and behind on my iist it isn’t even funny! I kinda got planning-fatigue sometime in late February due to job/ life stuff, and haven’t done too much since. Got engaged in December 2012 (I’M ACTUALLY USING MY BF’s WEDDINGBEE ACCOUNT B/C HE APPARENTLY CREATED ONE WHEN LOOKING FOR ADVICE ON HOW TO PROPOSE
! WHO KNEW!).
Since then got the location done, bought my BF’s wedding band, bought my dress and had it altered at a pretty decent price (still considering a bustle), ordered and placed initial payments on my custom bouquet and runner (Etsy), got my handmade veil (Etsy), got a few accessories like shoes and pulled-out a few things I already had like hair adornments, as well as some decorative stull and DIY tools.
The equally-long list of stuff I need to do is as follows:
– Send 1st payment and paperwork info to our officiant (she’s absolutely lovely and is open and excited to create our slightly Wiccan- hint of Christianity- otherwise short ceremony)
– CAKE!!! (I’ve been going back and forth with a place in Brooklyn, but I semi-handed this duty off to my BF and he’s been in talks with some bakery he heard about through word-of-mouth– I’m pretty suspicious b/c I don’t think his friends share my standards TBH. I’m likely to re-take the reigns just to get this situation booked and done!)
– Tuxedo and accessories/ alterations (I had to return a tux I bought on a whim from Century 21 b/c it was a bit too small for my BF. Sucks, b/c as any NYer can tell you the prices there are a steal! He’s still trying to lose a bit of weight before we get a tux, so that’s likely to a last minute thing from Men’s Warehouse or some place– unfortunately)
– Legal Stuff (hammering out some legal stuff with lawyers)
– Towncar (I kinda made the executive decision that we’ll go with a towncar instead of a limo to save costs, but I need to book one asap)
– INVITATIONS (we’re doing Vistaprint to save costs! I ordered and received the RSVP cards/ inserts, and the escort cards– doing DIY table cards and NO menu cards– just need to order the invitations themselves. They’ll have our engagement photos on them! We should be getting THAT done in the next two weeks– waiting for the summer weather to finally break so we can hit Fort Greene park!)
– Meet with photographer (he’s a friend-of-a-friend/ amateur, and he’s pretty much agreed to do our photography for our date and for an insane price. Still want to meet up with him and touch base this month or next).
– Order Guest Gifts (we’re splerging on specialized mini-wine bottles, so I want to get those ordered and paid for by the end of May at least so I can ensure we have what we need and they’re undamaged)
– MENU (finalize menu with location. It’s a private club with in-house catering, so booking was pretty pain-free!)
– MUSIC (still haven’t finalized what we’re doing music-wise, which is sooo bad. We have talked about doing an iTunes mix, renting the sound equipment needed– location doesn’t have it, and hiring an amateur DJ. That’s what we’ll probably end up doing unless this really doesn’t get handled until the last, LAST minute and we have to break down and pay for a professional w/ the equipment and mixes on-hand).
– FLOWERS (my planner is handling the centerpieces which will be customized. I am going to get the additional flowers from Costco and DIY in colorful vases– nothing particularly fancy, to be honest)