(Closed) August 2013 Bees Dresses?

posted 8 years ago in August 2013
Post # 33
533 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

Everyones dresses look amazing! Do you all know what the standard is for when to get the dress? Unfortunately my weight fluctuates a lot so I am worried to get it too early.

Post # 34
3768 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013 - Brookfield Zoo

@strawberryshortcake:  Thank you that’s so sweet of you to say!!  I want to mention, since you said you love tea length and lace/vintage style, try looking into Etsy or online stores like Dolly Couture or Unique Vintage, you will find more options and they are almost always customizable to your measurements.  I know I would not have found my perfect dress visiting boutiques!

Post # 35
4350 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

@chocolatecoveredstrawberry:  I think 8-10 months? It depends on the designer how long it will take to come in. If your weight fluctuates I would order it big and plan on having it altered down if you are smaller. Theres nothing worse than having a dress be too small.

Post # 36
835 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Love it Panda!!

Post # 39
1040 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

@elysion:  Oh my, that is soooo beautiful! I bet it was still super expensive. The quality looks amazing.

Post # 40
3768 posts
Honey bee

@Jezika:  Thanks!  Yeah to be honest, it’s about 3x what I was expecting to spend (I originally wanted to find a vintage 50’s/60’s wedding dress) but it was so worth it!!

Post # 40
1040 posts
Bumble bee

Very nearly bought this lacey one yesterday, but decided to hold off and see what other dresses I find! So difficult once you like a couple of dresses!

Post # 41
4350 posts
Honey bee

@Jezika:  That one is really pretty! Its good that you’re planning on shopping around. August is still really far away and I would hate for you to have dress regret if you see something else in the next couple months.

Post # 42
1040 posts
Bumble bee

@asscherlover:  Yes, you’re right. Plus it would be nice to have the fun of trying on more dresses (you don’t get to do this kind of thing everyday) without already having committed to one and potentially regretting it. Eek!

Post # 43
707 posts
Busy bee

Just ordered this dress! Can’t wait till it comes in 🙂

Post # 44
292 posts
Helper bee

I ordered my dress in February. I live an ocean away from home/wedding location, so I ordered it there (in the states) bc it was cheaper and then I wont have to worry about shipping it or bringing it on a plane.

except mine wont have that brownish part. itll all be ivory (the color pictured). and it has POCKETS! so pumped.

Post # 45
707 posts
Busy bee

@WoodenShoes:   I tried that same dress on! It looks beautiful on you! I loved the pockets, too!

Post # 46
3768 posts
Honey bee

@Jezika:  Whoa I LOVE that train!  Good luck choosing!!

@ejay15:  very pretty!  make sure to post a pic when you get it 😀

@WoodenShoes:  So is your dress waiting for you at the wedding??  It looks lovely!

The topic ‘August 2013 Bees Dresses?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors