(Closed) August 2013 bees Have you found bridesmaid dresses?

posted 6 years ago in August 2013
Post # 3
3771 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013 - Brookfield Zoo

I am working on it right now!  It’s difficult because I have two bridesmaids, one is in another state and the other is in another country so we have been e-mailing back and forth.. and NONE of us is very “good” about keeping in touch via email so it’s going kind of slowly.  I want to set up a Skype or G+ Hangout session soon 🙂

Have you had experience with the infinity dresses (like the second one you posted)?  I have heard a lot of mixed reviews, the main negatives being they’re not very friendly to girls with big busts and that they can be kind of confusing to tie.  If you do go with those (I do think they’re pretty cool, have never had one though!), make sure you are all okay with them!!

Post # 4
707 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

This is the front runner at the moment for my Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses. Three of my bridesmaids are very “busty” and the other other two are not at all, but they all requested no strapless. I’m going to keep my eyes open for some other cute options that have at least one strap!

Post # 5
24 posts
Newbee

@ejay15:  I love this dress :-). can you please share where you found it?Laughing

Post # 6
1576 posts
Bumble bee

My two local girls just bought theirs Monday!! So exciting!

I know it’s pretty early, but one of them is going away to Italy for a semester next week and I just didn’t want to have to deal with busy schedules later. Such a reflief to have it all settled now. I don’t have to think about it anymore, no one needs to coordinate schedules. They can all get alterations done whenever it’s convienent for them.

Well, there’s still alittle worry with getting the two Out of Town girls to get theirs orderd, but I’m mostly delegating that to the Maid/Matron of Honor.

You wouldn’t believe the speech I got from the dress shop owner about how the world will end due to different dye lots from letting my Out of Town girls order their dresses separately. Chill out lady. 🙂

These are mine:

Post # 7
11234 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

We’re in the process of checking out Chinese dressmakers, but all I really have is a color and fabric and they can choose whatever. I initially told them to just find a pink dress, but they wanted more structure and direction, haha.

Post # 9
425 posts
Helper bee

This is mine. We picked them at the end of July, but going to order in October. 

@MsPanda: I really like the first choice. The 2nd is nice but I bought a dress like that and its not as great as it seems. This is just a personal opinion but I found it difficult to wear and honestly never wore it again.

Post # 10
214 posts
Helper bee

I kind of have an idea of shape and style but am not yet decided. I want something a little different for them in terms of style. I want the same colour/fabric and different styles. No rush to pick as I am still dress hunting, I think once I have mine it’ll become clearer. I am currently resisting the urge to have them all in saris… Smile

Post # 11
244 posts
Helper bee

@ejay15:  As a busty girl I must say this is very very gorgeous. I love the style, it’s so classy!!!

Post # 13
4352 posts
Honey bee

My bridesmaids are going to wear long Bari Jay dresses in charmeuse in the color “peacock”. They get to pick the dresses themselves, which gives them like 15 options. And I’m going to have all of them wear this lace sash with the dress:

I just ordered the sashes. I plan on sending the sash, a fabric swatch and a nice note to ask them to be my bridesmaids in September.

Oh and heres an example of a dress they could pick:

Post # 14
1576 posts
Bumble bee

All my girls have their dresses ordered as of this weekend! Yay!

Post # 15
757 posts
Busy bee

@VermontBride13:  My Maid/Matron of Honor picked this dress as her front-runner, in Plum. I was shocked how flattering it was on her super busty frame.

Post # 16
371 posts
Helper bee

I picked a color and fabric, and my girls picked the styles; two have already ordered, one has decided on hers but is waiting to order b/c the closest place she can try it on is two hours away (she’s studying bears in middle-of-nowhere, WA).  These were among the picks, though the actual dresses will be purple.

The topic ‘August 2013 bees Have you found bridesmaid dresses?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors