(Closed) August 2013 bees- Lets talk nails.

posted 8 years ago in August 2013
Post # 17
3768 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013 - Brookfield Zoo

View original reply
@SaraLynne024:  Love these, they are my Pinterest inspiration too!!  I’m honestly not sure if I will get my nails done though!  I’ve never gotten them done before…

Post # 18
231 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

View original reply
@elysion:  do it!!! You don’t have to get the acrylics ๐Ÿ™‚ just get a manicure on your own nails and have the design done ๐Ÿ™‚ although I will say I have acrylics and I have them do them super short and I live them !! 

Post # 19
425 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@elysion: Oh you definitely should!!! Its so relaxing and your nails look amazing after having them done. I have tried doing my own but they never look as perfect as when I get a manicure done. Acrylics can be annoying especially never having them done but the new shellac nails last longer than a manicure but are your own nails! 

Post # 20
3768 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013 - Brookfield Zoo

View original reply
@SaraLynne024:  
View original reply
@VermontBride13:  Okay girls I think you convinced me… I’m fairly adverse to trying new things so I think I’ll make my Maid/Matron of Honor go with me to do a trial run soon!! XD

Post # 21
231 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@elysion:  Let me know how it goes! Photos too ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 22
425 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@elysion: That is definitely a good plan! You will LOVE it! And its always better with a friend ๐Ÿ™‚ I am planning a trial at a new place near my wedding venue to make sure I like them.  

Post # 23
3823 posts
Honey bee

@MsPanda:  i’m no help. my nails grow really fast but i don’t like long nails. i prefer my nails manicured and cut short with clear polish. 

colored polish doesn’t last very long on me. :-/

Post # 24
425 posts
Helper bee

Going back to the nails, when are you getting yours done? I was going to go Friday morning at a place near the venue. But just tried a new place near my house and they did a great job! I was already planning on getting my pedicure on Wednesday before the wedding so should I just get my gel manicure too???

Post # 25
1602 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
@VermontBride13:  We are getting Mani’s and Pedi’s this friday. I am wearing boots so the pedi will hold – but I think I am just doing my own on the day of…is that crazy? They will just be my natural nails with a natural color on top. I have new, cute Essy polish I adore. But then again my wedding and my style is super simple…

I would wait to get a nice manicure until the week of your wedding though…think of everything you will put your hands through until then…

It’s up to you though ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 26
756 posts
Busy bee

I’m getting a mani-pedi I think during my bachelorette party this weekend (not totally sure since its all a surprise but I was ordered to not go this week). The pedicure will hold for a week and if not I can touch it up. I also scheduled a manicure for the Friday before since I am notorious about chips, then they can touch up on Saturday if needed since its the same salon.

I think dark purple toes light purple fingers.

Post # 27
464 posts
Helper bee
Post # 28
464 posts
Helper bee

Not sure what I’ll do, my nails are short–smooth them and put on a pearlescent clear coat, maybe.

The topic ‘August 2013 bees- Lets talk nails.’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors