(Closed) August 2013 Bees: March To-Do Lists/Progress

posted 5 years ago in August 2013
Post # 3
4653 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

I have a bit to do and most of it has been on my list for a bit..

• DJ- This is 99% done just need to lock in place
  • Bridesmaid dress shopping (on monday)
  • Meet with seemstress
  • Get bridal shower and bachelorette party invite lists ready
  • Collect more wine bottles (only 40 more to go)
  • Delabel and clean said wine bottles.
  • Design invites and programs
  • Keep working out and working on my skin (it is finally starting to clear up!)

Post # 4
11234 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

– Pay for things (MRGH!)
– Keep looking for two ornate frames
– Buy more votive holders
– Hair trial?
– Paint if the weather allows
– Get my lazy butt back in work out mode
– Talk to cousin about cupcakes

Post # 5
9209 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2013 - Rocky Mountains USA

Hey August bees!  Good luck on your lists Smile  Mine includes:

– stop agonizing over the dress decision and CHOOSE!  But first speak to a seamstress about potential alterations.  If anyone wants to give me input, please do!!!!  

Dress Poll! PLEASE help me decide!

– talk to our siblings about being in the wedding party and give the girls the basic dress guidelines

– figure out a stand-in band member to replace my FI’s usual position

– keep making dot garlands – I have made a ton and am obsessed with them!

– do some trial DIY makeup and hair experiments

– paint some picture frames / vases if the weather allows (pshaw, we don’t get spring here til May or June)

– EXERCISE!

Post # 6
11234 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

@lolot:  SECOND ONE!

Also, I’m going nuts and considering making dot garlands. Talk me out of this.

Post # 7
9209 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

@vorpalette:  Thanks girl!  I love it in theory and maybe if it’s altered correctly, in practice too.  

Dude, dot garlands are the bomb.  Easy peasy and so festive.  I used construction paper, 1″ and 2″ round punches, little sticky glue balls, and floss (thank you Wally World for all the materials) and have about 100 feet of them so far!  

Post # 8
1326 posts
Bumble bee

This month is gonna be CRAZZZZY…… I can’t believe how fast the wedding day is approaching…..

• I still need to book a DJ and Cake Baker, and figure out what I’m doing about hair and makeup
  • Taking Fiance, Bridesmaid or Best Man and FOB to try on tuxes. I’m not sure of the colour combo I’m looking for, so I’m going with them because I’m that much of a control freak
  • Have some items to purchase off Etsy. Sash, hairband, cake topper and bridesmaids clutches. Need to think about this though. I’ve been thinking about changing up my look, and I think the headband and sash will achieve the look I’m going for, and still be able to stay within my budget
  • Help my Mom and Step-Mom pick out their dresses
  • Start making dot garlands. I wish I could finish my pom poms too, but I’m running out of room to store them. Next weekend I’ll be taking some over to my friends house who doesn’t use his basement and he’ll store them for me, yippeeeee for friends with basements they don’t use!!! πŸ™‚
  • Keep saving like a mad woman, and re-evaluate the budget to make sure were on track, I do this every month though

@vorpalette:  I can’t talk you out of dot garlands, I’m sorry lol. Their just too amazing, and I’m making them myself too πŸ™‚

Post # 10
1326 posts
Bumble bee

@lovelylight99:  paper dots glued onto string, then you hang them like a garland. Could be used for a backdrop at the ceremony or reception, swag them under entrances, around windows, around the cake table…… Whatevers Clever! Soooo friggin cute!

Post # 13
1326 posts
Bumble bee

@lovelylight99:  Can’t take credit for it, Fiance saw it in one of my Martha Stewart Weddings Magazine he was perusing, and he said he loved it. I’m just so glad it matches our Whimsical and Modern theme, otherwise I don’t know what I would have done lol

Post # 14
1181 posts
Bumble bee

my list so far:

pick music to walk down the aisle

pick our first dance song

bridesmaid dress shopping

find a florist

start rearranging/fixing our house (a lot of out of towners coming)

That’s all I can think of and really it’s about all I can handle!

Post # 15
757 posts
Busy bee

Ugh mine is too long:

1. talk to officiant and see if we need to meet with him, begin to figure out ceremony order

2. deal with ceremony musician problems (can’t practice our music in time, wants to play stuff we don’t want), potentially find someone new

3. pick invitations

4. meet with florist/DOC

5. get Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses ordered

6. finalize pie order

7. DIY favor bags

GAHH too many decisions.

Post # 16
9209 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

@lovelylight99:  Thanks, I’ve thought about wearing the first then changing into the second – but that just seems a little goofy and high-maintenance (for me – each to their own of course).  Our wedding will be in the late afternoon, ceremony at 4 pm or so, but will continue all night.  (People can stay at the venue overnight if they want, etc.)  Thank you for your input!  I have an appointment set up next week with a seamstress, so I’ll see if she thinks it can be altered to be more flattering. ( I think my most important requirement is that the dress look as hot & flattering as possible!)  My other thought is that if I go with the second dress, I could dye the first dress and keep it to wear to something else – because i DO love it.

Regarding dot garlands – LOVE THEM!  I saw this picture on a wedding blog and am basically going to recreate it for our ceremony altar.  We’re also going to string them up, along with white lights and paper lanterns, in the tent and in the surrounding trees.

The topic ‘August 2013 Bees: March To-Do Lists/Progress’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors