(Closed) August 2013 Bees- Show me your Garter

posted 6 years ago in August 2013
Post # 3
3769 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013 - Brookfield Zoo

Oo thanks for the reminder!  Jump started me into looking at stuff!  I think these two are my top contenders:

And I do want to do a bouquet toss, but not too into a garter toss.  I know I’ve seen other Bees who put the garter on a football instead of having the groom root around under the bride’s skirt, but I dunno!  I guess if you do one you should do the other… but we’ll see!!  Are you @MsPanda??

Post # 4
4352 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

@elysion:  I think we’re doing a bouquet toss and no garter toss. Fiance had a traumatic experience with a garter toss when he was young so he is very against it. I still want to toss my bouquet though!

Post # 6
425 posts
Helper bee

@MsPanda: That is such a great idea!! Great way to keep the traditional tosses but make it a little more fun for the guests! I might have to brainstorm ideas for ours like that.

@elysion: Both are beautiful!! I kinda like the 2nd one but they are both so unqiue!

I will have to take a picture later and post. But I will be wearing my moms garter that was made for her by my Great Grandma. Then I will have a smaller simple toss one.

I plan on having both a bouquet and garter toss. Fiance is looking forward to it so I couldn’t say no (even though I am a little nervous about him going up my dress in front of everyone).

Post # 7
3769 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013 - Brookfield Zoo

@asscherlover:  I’m glad to hear that you’re done one and not the other!  That’s probably what we’ll do.  I have to doube check with Fiance but last time we talked about it he didn’t want to do the garter thing.

@MsPanda:  origami money bouquet sounds sooo cool!!

@VermontBride13:  That is so lovely to be using your mom’s.  Do you plan to keep it for your daughter (if you plan to have kids) and make it a lasting tradition?

Post # 9
425 posts
Helper bee

@elysion: I think my sister might wear it next when she gets married. But hopefully it can become something that is passed down to either my kids or hers (I’m hoping for boys one day, lol)

Post # 10
733 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

MsPanda  oh I love the dollar bill idea!!

Sadly in Canada we only have $5 bills as our lowest so that would be one expensive bouquet, but it would be a beautiful blue colour!

I am doing a brooch bouquet so I can’t throw it or I’d knock someone out lol.

I don’t have my garter yet but I looked at that website and wow – pretty ones! I found one I really want to buy, then I learned  they don’t ship to Canada 🙁 🙁 Kind of sad now.

Post # 11
11233 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

@elysion:  Oooh, I like that second one. Where is it from?

I’m probably not even going to wear a garter. We both hate the tosses.

Post # 14
733 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

@MsPanda  No, I don’t sadly.

However I did find a garter that I really really love on Etsy after we chatted here and I think I’m going to buy it, what do you think; its oneo f my favourite colours an I love the lace and gem.

The topic ‘August 2013 Bees- Show me your Garter’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors