(Closed) August 2013 Bees – thought about invitations yet??

posted 6 years ago in August 2013
Post # 3
4352 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

Oh my goodness your bunny is adorable! And your invitations are great too (they would have gotten amazing but I’m distacted by your bunny).

Do the figures pop up? Because if they do I’m super impressed.

I would put the venue location on an an insert, with general directions if they aren’t super complicated. If they fit, I would give directions from the hotel you blocked for Out of Town guests to the venue as well. The only thing I’m having trouble with is reading “please join us for the wedding of.” It might just be my computer screen, but its a little difficult for me to read it against the light background. 

Post # 4
4352 posts
Honey bee

We’re having someone print formal letterpress invitations for us, but we’re not supposed to start designing them until January. (I wish I could make them now!) We have it narrowed down to a few of her designs, which are generally art deco themed. Our wedding isn’t really art deco, which is why we’re having trouble narrowing it down because our favorite is very art deco but there are others which match our wedding better.

Post # 6
11234 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

I’ll post up some files when I get home, but yeah, mine are all designed. ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 7
425 posts
Helper bee

Those are too cute!! I love the pop ups and how creative they are!

We decided to get ours done. I found a lady on etsy and she is wonderful. We are going with a brown wood grain card stock and then using green paper for the matte. Its a pocket card so the  information card and rsvp card are in a pocket behind the invite. I will post pictures once we get our proofs. Right now still picking fonts.

This is her website: http://www.inspirationsbyamielee.com/

We are having reception, hotels, and shuttle pick up location/time for ceremony on the extra card. The specifics I am leaving for the website which will be on the bottom of the card. My mom said you dont want to give them too much because they won’t remember/could loose it. So thats why I am keeping it to the very basics and hoping people go to the website or wait for their welcome bags at the hotel.

Post # 9
371 posts
Helper bee

Finally picked up my paper today!  The pattern is similar to this:

Post # 11
371 posts
Helper bee

@elysion:  Yep, we’re DIYing them.  The wording is mostly settled, I think.  I’ve been toying with the idea of colored ink, but I’m worried it’ll come across as too casual.

Post # 12
4653 posts
Honey bee

I have NO IDEA what we are doing… I have been ordering samples and catalogs hoping something would jump out at us but so far nothing…

Post # 13
371 posts
Helper bee

@MsPanda:  I think it’s one of those things like the dress: when you see it, you know.  I changed my mind I don’t know how many times before I finally settled on what I wanted.  Were you thinking of matching your stationary to your wedding theme…?

Post # 14
4653 posts
Honey bee

@cajungirl81:  I have no idea I just know I don’t want to spend a arm and a leg on them adding all the little cards REALLY adds up.

Post # 16
Hostess
3369 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

I’m a designer myself, but I just don’t have the time to do it because of my crazy schedule so my friend Sarah (who is also a designer) is doing them for me. We actually just sent out the save the dates last week, but won’t be sending invites until May or so. ๐Ÿ™‚

To save money on them we actually aren’t doing RSVP cards. The only person without internet access is Future Mother-In-Law, but we already know that she is coming.  We are going to do a little business card and then put the RSVP info for the website on there. ๐Ÿ™‚

The topic ‘August 2013 Bees – thought about invitations yet??’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors