(Closed) August 2013 Bees – what will your ceremony be like?

posted 6 years ago in August 2013
Post # 17
757 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

We just met with our minister (parent’s friend) to discuss the ceremony.

He gave us the basic outline of the methodist ceremony, and we can make any changes that we want. I’m currently on the hunt for opening passages and benedictions and stuff that aren’t too god-dy or cheesy. 

I am also making him change all of the passages that talk about marriage about being between a man and a woman to two people. 

We will have one religious reading and one secular reading and a musical interlude that we are letting the organist choose.

Post # 18
231 posts
Helper bee

We’re doing a traditional Christian ceremony in a church. The order of service will look something like this :

Prelude

Seating of the Family

Bridal Party Entrance

Processional

Welcome and Opening Prayer

Pledge

Unity Candle

Special Music – Love Came Down

Marriage Vows

Exchange of Rings

Closing Prayer

Announcement of Marriage

Introduction

Recessional

Post # 20
254 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

We are getting married in our church, slightly religious, full of love, maybe a little fun, short and simple. Doing a unity candle. Kind of nerdy (indiana jones, final fantasy, and disney songs). I think i’m writing the ceremony and vows. they will probably say something about football as he is obsessed with football. Our 3 year olds will be in it, so I’m sure they will make themselves WELL known lol. My daughter will either tantrum or show off, my son will probably want me to hold him and try to nurse lmao. oh i’m so looking forward to this! 😀

Post # 21
37 posts
Newbee

I guess in a sense Fiance and I are having a religious ceremony, but I don’t really think of it that way. We’re having an outdoor ceremony that celebrates our faith, our love, and our union as man and wife. I convinced him to incorporate some wedding traditions from my Filipino heritage, but it should still be relatively short and sweet. It will go something like this…

Processional

Bride’s entrance

Brief message from the pastor

Vows and exchanging rings

Unity ceremonies (salt, veil, cord, coins)

Prayer of blessing

Recessional

Post # 23
4655 posts
Honey bee

Offbeat, atheist, no officiant.

WHAT NO OFFICIANT?

Yep. In PA, you can “self-unite” so we opted for that.

We’ll have our processional to “Path of the Wind” by Joe Hisashi, from My Neighbor Totoro. Instead of walking with my dad, I want to have both of our parents precede me down the aisle to symbolize them coming before us and giving us amazing examples to follow of beautiful, happy marriages.

I’ll walk alone. We still haven’t decided if FH is going to meet me or not, but probably not, just to keep it simple.

We’ll thank everyone for coming, and then some of our friends have been selected to stand up and say one sentence about what we should remember – tips for a happy marriage (all scripted.)

My dad will do a reading from The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy.

His sister will do a reading from The Velveteen Rabbit.

We will say our vows, which are adapted to fit us from buddhist vows I found. We will say them in unison. Then we will do the “I take you as my husband/I take you as my wife” (as is required by law) and exchange rings.

Then we kiss, and walk back up to the fanfare from Fire Emblem: Awakening (a video game) and party!!!

The topic ‘August 2013 Bees – what will your ceremony be like?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors