(Closed) August 2013 Bee’s Whats your guest count?

posted 7 years ago in August 2013
Post # 3
707 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

Right now our guest list is at 166 (including plus 1s for the single folks), but we have a lot of Out of Town people, so we’re hoping attendance is closer to 150 or less.

Post # 4
4352 posts
Honey bee

Definately at least 150, but if we book a saturday then the minimum 175. The venue capacity is 200, so no more than that. Were waiting to book until we know if we can afford the saturday 🙂

ETA: Our “A-list” is at 176 (including relatives Fiance made up because he doesn’t know how many cousins he has so he overestimated *sigh*) and even with the B-list its only 196 (I added people just so I would know that we could make it to the 175 minimum if we do a saturday). The list has been this long for about 3 months, so I don’t think we forgot anyone (though I had to add one of FI’s friends who could end up being a groomsman so there are no guarentees on his end). I would guess that at least half are true Out of Town guests (6 hour drive – 10 hour flight), and another quarter live within a couple hours drive. So we probably need a much longer list to meet the minimums.

Post # 5
750 posts
Busy bee

I still haven’t finished my guest list lol! But It is going to end up being around 100 I think.

Post # 6
100 posts
Blushing bee

Right now we are around 150 but we haven’t talked to my Future Mother-In-Law so see who Fiance forgot! Sealed

Post # 7
4352 posts
Honey bee

@marfi236:  Do you think she will add a lot of people?

Post # 8
100 posts
Blushing bee

I hope not! We are going to visit his parents in Pittsburgh tomorrow to find out!

Post # 9
4352 posts
Honey bee

@marfi236:  When you go, try to get last names and addresses too. Fiance gave me a list with just first names and it drives me nuts having 3 maureens on there, with no differentiation between them. I, of course only know one of them (my aunt) the other two are members of his family or church.

Post # 10
100 posts
Blushing bee

@asscherlover:  Yep he did that too with his initial list!  I’m sure Future Mother-In-Law will be much more helpful than him. Laughing

Post # 11
4352 posts
Honey bee

@marfi236:  Did he write “Smiths 1, Smiths 2, Smiths 3, Smiths 4, Smiths 5”? As in the smiths who happen to be a family of 5 lol. It sounds like our FI’s have a lot in common.

ETA: Oh and my favorite, “Reed 1, Reed 2, Reed’s unborn child” (They were 5 months pregnant when we made the list)

Post # 12
128 posts
Blushing bee

We’re at 250! I’m sure it will be close to 300 by the time we send out invites… oh well, I guess that’s what happens with big families. I love the idea of a smaller wedding, but it would break my heart to leave people out – especially family. 

Post # 13
100 posts
Blushing bee

@asscherlover:  Haha that’s amazing!  My Fiance put Grandma and nothing else for his grandmother which was not very helpful!

Post # 14
4352 posts
Honey bee

@marfi236:  “grammie”, “grandmom”, and “grandpop” are all invited. I assume grandpop and grandmom are from the same side and grammie is from the other. I’ve met all three of them, but he introduces them as that, so I’m not sure what to call them to their faces, much less on a formal invitation lol. Future Mother-In-Law was asking me about the wedding planning and how it was going, and I worked in wanting to figure out the real names of his guests at some point, and shes decided to take on the project 😀

Post # 15
2869 posts
Sugar bee

Wow, we are only planning on around 30 guests!

Post # 16
52 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

We currently have 210 on our list…we need to be at around 150!!!

My future mother-in-law came to the ‘list meeting’ with a list of 100 people, and was angry when she had to cut it down!!!!!!!!! lol!

The topic ‘August 2013 Bee’s Whats your guest count?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors