Post # 1
What planning do you have done already? and when you you plan on starting dress shopping?
- Cake (great aunt is making it)
- Venue (at my aunts house)
- Flowers (aunt and grandma putting together ordering wholesale)
- Photog (one of my childhood friends is giving us a great deal)
- Favors (DIYed already)
- Caterer (BBQ booked for this august but letting us change it until next august without any extra charges!)
- Colors choosen! (Red, Orange, Yellow, and hot pink with accents of Turqoise and green)
- Bridesmaids dresses (picked out hoping they dont get discontiued)
And more i am sure I just can think of it at the moment!
Post # 3
wow you are doing great so far! my list is much smaller lol I have:
– Bridesmaids and groomsmen chosen (3 girls and 3 boys)
– Color theme (black, white, and lavender)
– Venue (will be at my stepfather’s property)
– Catering (my stepfather used to be a chef and has connections, so he has it covered)
and I have started the guest list. That’s it! lol. I am not sure when I will start my dress shopping…I feel like I need to get rolling on renting out a party tent, tables, chairs, etc. before I worry about the dress.
Post # 4
Yay! I’m an August 2013 Bride too! 🙂
We almost had our venue sorted out, but then they stopped hiring out on weekends/evenings after a couple of incidents took place. 🙁
But the Bridal Party/Church is sorted, and we’ve *almost* finished discussing the guest list!
Post # 5
Haha I feel like I’m a little behind (mostly because we have been engaged since May :P). Heres the list of things we’ve done so far:
- Church (picked but not booked)
- Reception Venue (picked but not booked) which includes
- Probably something I’m forgetting
- I’m done collecting addresses from my side of the family (but not his and its going to change in 6 months because we have a lot of college friends graduating/moving)
- Bridesmaids (picked but not informed because we don’t have a solid date)
Heres what we probably should have done before picking all of this:
- Date! Lol we know we want august 2013, and we know we want a sunday/friday but before we book I can’t claim we have a real one, though I have some strong preferences 🙂
Post # 6
@asscherlover: lol picking the date seems to be the most difficult thing for me so far!
Post # 7
@kkish3: Its way more difficult than it should be thats for sure.
Post # 8
We have a tentative venue, a date, a photographer, a wedding planner, caterer, minister, and i feel like I’m forgeting something.
We have 2 florist (my godmother and fmil) if we choose to use them but we are thinking of hiring one so there’s less stress. Have tentative colors (navy, lavender, moss green, champagne , and we were thinking of using dark red for flowers but may get rid of it for a blush pink instead. We have a direction as far as theme but that may also change.
We have lots of vendors we want just haven’t booked yet.
Oh and we have our toasting flutes that we got for Christmas.
Post # 9
@his chippymunk: That sounds like a really pretty color combination.
Post # 10
Ok so far…
- Date is picked out, as long as is available
- Church Our home church, no contest.
- Reception Venue has been narrowed down to 3.
- Catering for the first half of the reception.
- Guest List is being worked out, The Must have, Should have, nice to have list system is quite hard to figure out. But we want between 80 to 100 people. As part of a large African Caribbean family that ain’t easy.
- Bridesmaids Kind of sort of picked, but don’t want to say anything until a year out. Don’t know why.
- Theme colours are ALMOST picked… ALMOST
Dress is a bone of contention as I am currently losing weight for personal reasons (uk 14 on bottom 16 on top-v busty hoping to be a 10-12 on bottom, 12-14 on top come wedding day), is it too soon to go looking? Did want a dress made, but am unsure about dress maker. Have seen so many beautiful dresses but dont want to go looking and feel dissatisfied with my appearance once I try them on… arrrgghh
Still feel like I am planning too much, but Fiance has been amazing. My theory is that if I spread the Bridezilla out it won’t be too much, he hopes… LOL.
Post # 11
Its nice to see some 2013 topics!!
My ceremony site
In the process of DIY invitations
In the process of booking a photographer
doing the cupcakes myself
And we are trying to pick colors.
Im sure theres more, but I just can’t think of anything else right now!
Post # 12
Well, looks like I’ll be joining this group! Just got engaged last weekend, and we’re thinking early August 2013 on the Oregon Coast somewhere. We’ve talked in the past about what we’d like so at least the general vision is figured out, but finding a place to have a week long celebration (people coming from all over the world) with multiple types of accomodations will be a challenge. We figure Save-The-Date Cards need to go out a year in advance for the European/Asian contingency, so I guess we’ll have to figure out basic details in the next few months for sure! Looking forward to seeing everyone’s plans unfold!
@MsPanda: so glad to have another Oregon bride here! FI lives in Portland and I live in Tampa, so at least it’s only semi-long distance planning.
Post # 13
Hey Twinsies! I’m a central Florida bride 🙂 and now I feel so behind!
We have our date- August 3rd
Church- the church he’s gone to for 10+years
our 3 bridesmaids dresses
and we just started buying a few plates, vases, platters today =P
So much DIY-ing and planning to go…
Post # 14
So far we have our date (August 10, 2013), our ceremony site, reception venue and photographer. We’ve already paid the deposits on all three! We also have our bridal party picked out (my three sisters, with the one I’m closest to as Maid/Matron of Honor and FI’s two brothers and best friend as Best Man.) I think I’ll start dress shopping this summer. I’ve started a couple of DIY projects, but I love that I have so much time to get the details taken care of since the big things are out of the way!
Post # 15
Hi everyone!! I’m so excited that there are so many other bees planning August 2013 weddings. It seems so far away, but I’m sure the time will fly by. So far we have:
– Date (August 23, 2013 – we’ll share an anniversary with my Future In-Laws which I think is so cute!)
– Reception Site
– Photographer (a good friend of ours who books up 2+ years out)
– Wedding Party (in the process of asking everyone)
I thought I was ahead of the game but it looks like most of you have me beat! I’m worried about making too many decisions because I know I’ll probably end up changing my mind about things a few times… I’m so indecisive.
Post # 16
I’m so excited! I just called the venue to get them to send over a contract! I found out that not only have they dropped the price by $5 a person (which adds up to a lot when you’re trying to hit their minimum of 175 guests), but they’re also willing to drop the minimum number of guests to 165! Between the two changes Fiance and I will definately save 1500 if we book to capacity, or 2500 if we end up at the new minimum (which isn’t really accurate because kids under a certain age are free and under a different age they’re half price and they still count towards the minimum). I’m crazy excited. Supposedly all the satudays in August are still available so we got to pick my favorite. Hopefully Fiance likes the contract and lets us sign ASAP lol.