(Closed) August 2013 – best/interesting things your fiance has done for the wedding?

posted 6 years ago in August 2013
  • poll: How much does your fiance help out?
    He is masterminding my wedding : (2 votes)
    5 %
    He makes decisions but doesn't come up with a lot of ideas : (12 votes)
    32 %
    We are about 50/50 planning/ideas/execution etc. : (7 votes)
    19 %
    I'm doing EVERYTHING : (2 votes)
    5 %
    I'm doing just about everything : (13 votes)
    35 %
    He's doing just about everything : (1 votes)
    3 %
  • Post # 3
    4014 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: October 2013

@elysion:  Man, my Fiance sucks at talking to people on the phone! I always have to coach him through things when its important lol!

Hmmmmm.. we’re still mid-planning, but I love that my Fiance gets so excited about everything! He’s the one who wanted the big wedding and though I’m planning most of it, he gets so excited when I show him things! The “whatever you want baby” isn’t bad either lol ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 4
    9181 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper
    • Wedding: August 2013 - Rocky Mountains USA

He got our friends’ super rockin band to come play for just the cost of gas and rooms, when they usually charge $2500-3000.  (Well, it’s actually his awesome band that he had quit – no time to be a real musician – but they’ve since recruited him back… so we still need to make sure they have a different drummer sit in August 24.)

I agree with @misschickpea:  besides that, he’s done a great job of being excited and awfully agreeable to all of my ideas!

That is so cute about the hanger.  My guy would have no idea what to do with that, haha.

Post # 5
    425 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: August 2013

I definitely am more involved with the planning and details but he has been 50/50 with the big decisions.

Fiance has been VERY involved in the DIY. He is amazing at photoshop so he has designed and printed out STD’s, we are using his pictures as our tables numbers and he printed those, and he made me a door hanger for the guests weclome bags! The top for now was buying these little mason jar salt and pepper shakers for our sweetheart table, it was soo sweet and such a surprise!

@elysionSuper cute with the door hanger! My Fiance wants to wear something old, new, borrowed, and blue ๐Ÿ™‚ I think he felt a little left out when I was thinking about mine.

Post # 6
    846 posts
    Busy bee

i am more involved with the actual planning, but i haven’t made any decisions without his input first. he always asks if there is anything he can do and has helped with all the DIY stuff. i think the cutest thing so far was when we were at a craft store the other day. we are making our own cake topper using wooden hearts, and i found some cute ones and put them in my basket. he got a little upset, so i asked him what was wrong and he said he was really looking forward to cutting the hearts out of wood himself ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 7
    4056 posts
    Honey bee

We’re having the wedding in Scotland (FI’s parents still live there) and were tring to figure out band/DJ. While talking about it, Fiance said “I think a ceilidh would be cool”. A ceilidh is a tradition Scotish band with fiddle, drums, guitar and sometimes a piper and they play and then call Scotish folk dances. Fiance doesn’t really dance so this was a bit out of character for him but I loved it. He’s done all the research and youtube searching,picked the one he liked the best and booked them! Yeah – there will be dancing!

Post # 8
    4653 posts
    Honey bee

He has mostly helped me make the choice after I already did all the research, So basicly he shoots down ideas I just spent hours on lol…

BUT he is 100% in charge of the aisle runner he for some reason HAS to have one and I dont want one so i told him that it was on him to research about them and find out what one he wants and how we are going to fit it in the budget. BUT I have veto power lol!

He also is very opinionated about the bridesmaid dresses that really shocked me but I told him because he had say in them I get to help choose what him and the groomsmen wear too!

Post # 9
    838 posts
    Busy bee

My fiance’s job is to listen to all the crazy stuff going on in my head, letting me know what dates he is available to meet with vendors, and his one official job is booking the DJ. ONE official job, and I keep reminding him every day! Every other major factor for our wedding is covered, he just needs to pick up the phone and confirm with the DJ we have ALREADY MET (who *I* found online, lol) that we want him in our wedding.

That being said, I really don’t mind, because I love wedding planning! The most important thing for me at the moment is that he still actually listens to me when I know I should just shut up and stop talking about the wedding >.<

Post # 10
    11233 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper

Um…letting me do whatever I want? lol

Post # 11
    464 posts
    Helper bee

My Fiance declared at the outset that he wanted to design and produce our invitations, and he had some ideas already. He’s truly artistic and I’m not crafty at all so I had no problem telling him to go for it.

He’s talked to me about them quite a bit. My job was to give him a completion deadline (the mail-by date is on The Master Plan) and to come up with he wording, which we did early one Sunday morning.  I did say that I thought we should pick up stamps now, since the price of postage is going up again in two weeks.

Post # 12
    10 posts
    Newbee

my Fiance has been super helpful when it comes to wedding planning… he has taken the lead on some things and i’ve taken the lead on others. i’m happy that he’s involved in this process, otherwise i would be more stressed than i already am. one of the sweet things he has done so far is take our engagement photos. my Fiance does photography on the side, so he ran with the my suggestion that we try to take our own pics. he got/made some cute props and we ended up doing a nice photoshoot in his apartment using the automatic feature on his camera. i’m totally loving our pictures, especially since they were free!

Post # 13
    4035 posts
    Honey bee

My Fi has made decisions on the food, colors, day of agenda and a few other things. The best thing he has done (without being asked) is decorated a beat up old metal tub that I want to use for our Smores bar. I was working a lot and tired and wasn’t sure how to spray paint it well. I came home one day and he surprised me with this….

It may not seem like a lot to some, but I was so happy he took the initiative and did a great job on it!

The topic ‘August 2013 – best/interesting things your fiance has done for the wedding?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors