(Closed) August 2013 Brides: When & Where?

posted 6 years ago in August 2013
Post # 3
371 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

@MissCalifornia: The ceremony garden looks gorgeous, hope it lives up to expectations when you visit again.  And at least we have a board, even if it is fairly quiet right now.

We’re August 3, 2013, since it’s close to our relationship anniversary.  Nothing booked yet, though not for lack of trying; we’ve visited eight venues so far, but haven’t loved any of them.  Finding somewhere in a resort area that’s not a hotel is frustrating when most of the private venues are booked 18 months or more in advance…

Post # 5
371 posts
Helper bee

@MissCalifornia:  And there is much want. Love the pics of this one more than the first, and wish I could pick them up and move them south…

We’re getting married in Virginia Beach, Virginia.  And complicating matters, I’m currently working three jobs…which rather limits the amount of time that can be dedicated to wedding planning; I’ve got roughly 83 usable days out of the next 600. I’ll admit I’ve been delegating much of the footwork to my Fiance… He’s been good about it, though I do have to leave very specific instructions sometimes…

Post # 6
441 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

Hey! I didn’t notice this thread till now! I am also having my wedding on August 17th, 2013. We are having our wedding at Lily Lake in Saint John, New Brunswick. I also really wanted a outside wedding, but I think it would be just too much to worry about with the weather, and I can’t really think of anywhere around here to have it outside.

I am a young bride ( I am currently 19) and my parents thought that getting married at 19 or 20 was too young, so we settled at 21 since my birthday is August 6th.

I am pretty sure I already mentioned when I was talking to you through PM, but I already booked : the venue, photographer, DJ and we even picked out meal choices since the prices are going up in January, and if we booked now our price would already be set.

OH! and I already got my dress, I know it sounds crazy lol.. but we went out just looking for fun, and I ended up falling in love with one, and it went on sale so I had to buy it!

The place where you are planning on booking looks beautiful!

Post # 7
371 posts
Helper bee

@alyssa742: Lily Lake is gorgeous. Weather is definitely an issue for outside weddings, and in some areas just so unpredictable; I’d rather not have the worry either. 

I haven’t booked anything yet, though I think we may have finally found our venue. We visited The Renaissance Room today, and the event manager is putting together a proposal for us. I fell in love with their Venetian Garden Room the moment I saw it! I’ll be posting some of the pics from our trip to my blog later on.

I have a few contenders for the dress as well, but I’m not ready to buy quite yet…

Post # 9
371 posts
Helper bee

@MissCalifornia:Here’s hoping you get your first choice!

Our initial proposal from TRR came back just under budget; we’re in negotiations now to see what discounts/freebies we can finagle and hope to have an offical contract in early January.  Keep your fingers crossed…

Post # 11
515 posts
Busy bee

:)August 17 yay! Although our date is subject to change because we’re both in the military.

We’re getting married in Illinois. We haven’t booked anything yet, because our date isn’t 100% set in stone. We might end up getting married in December 2012 or January 2013. I’m set on August though because that’s when our anniversary is right now, haha. We’ll see!

I have found a dress already though! It’s still so early but I love it.

Post # 12
371 posts
Helper bee

@AubByAub: Welcome! We 2013’s need to stick together… Wink

Post # 14
707 posts
Busy bee

Hi! I’m an August (probably) 2013 bride too! We live in Washington but are getting married in Cleveland, Ohio. We haven’t booked a venue yet but I’ve been doing lots of research online and may have our parents go scope some places out for us! I’m so excited to be planning and having plenty of time! Looking forward to the countdown with you ladies!

Post # 15
371 posts
Helper bee

It’s official: we signed our venue contract today! That’s one less thing for me to have to worry about now…

The topic ‘August 2013 Brides: When & Where?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors